It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did i just see?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

My only other thought is if near the horizon, even the Sun and Moon can look red. If you happen to be in the northwest US, we are having a heavy haze from China, North Korea and a couple of other places at times which could color a light.

Anyway, it was flying, an object and unknown. Maybe you will see it again and it will click. I hope you figure it out.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Good ideas but this was moving within my noticeable frame of view, it was quite clearly moving and at [due to the range since i had no real frame of reference] what i could tell was a fast mover but not like a plane or chopper and the thing that sticks in my mind is that bright red constant glow.

honestly the best explanation so far is a low flying satellite that some how caught the sun and reflected the red and wizzed across the sky.

The most annoying this about this is i hate witness accounts with no evidence and ironically thats exactly what im doing so please spare me this is painful for me to admit and to ask for your advice, but im thankful to those that do regardless.

I simply dont know what could be so red and so bright at that time and place in the sky, im still baffled.

edit on b0202833 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You should really buy a camera and keep it on you. You have such luck with the super normal and unusual. If you could get one image it would be worth a hundred text only posts. If you could get some video it would be worth 29 images per second on average. Submit that when you can. Thanks

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don't know for certain what you saw but one of the sitings we had repeatedly was a red covered saucer. Ie. until it approached our rooftop and the city glow, all you saw was this huge red orb of light, about plane sized roughly, not plane shaped, and at the city glow, it was a saucer. It often disappeared before that point and arced up high sometimes. And my son called me out for some of the sightings, and then it would return and go over our roof again, then he said it was being chased by choppers. I guess they picked it up, it did tend to return a few times. And he called me out for that pursuit, where it just kept blinking ahead and then vanished.

Red lit craft.

This is what it could be.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sourcecontroller
You should really buy a camera and keep it on you. You have such luck with the super normal and unusual. If you could get one image it would be worth a hundred text only posts. If you could get some video it would be worth 29 images per second on average. Submit that when you can. Thanks

While i agree i doubt any photos would really help identify it, it was quite literally a moving bright red dot.

I could probably photo shop it in about 5 minutes which im not going to do.

Im honestly leaning towards satellite that just happened to be at the "right angle" to shine red and move like it did, plane or helicopter is simply out of question.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
also completely unrelated in every way but whatever....

Its my birthday today \o/

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Happy Birthday

What I find interesting is you're the third member to report a red unidentified object in as many days .

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course they may be unrelated but who knows maybe they're not.

edit on 16-5-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I dont think this was an UFO, think about it. Would you be able to drive a car that emits light all around and be able to see still?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: phytas
I dont think this was an UFO, think about it. Would you be able to drive a car that emits light all around and be able to see still?

Im havnt once said it was a UFO, well technically i did since its unidentified but im not suggesting little green men and saucers.

I saw it and i didnt know what it was so i thought id ask you guys

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Did it happen to have a five point star look to it?

Was it moving vertically to you, or horizontal from where you were standing.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Did it happen to have a five point star look to it?

Was it moving vertically to you, or horizontal from where you were standing.

It was moving perfectly horizontal to the horizon and my view about 10 to 15 degrees above the horizon line.

It moved slowly but surly along this line and as i rushed home to grab my phone and run back out to where i could previously see it, it was conveniently gone.

I couldnt have been a flare as it didnt drop in height and it wasnt a balloon because it wasnt following the wind or changing elevation at all.

It was exactly like a plane several miles away moving across my visual perspective however ive seen a million planes before and they do not glow bright red

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Moving Horizontally you say? So no side lights on the side, I'm guessing, or a little blinker at all?

Was it sphere in it shape, and looked like light was coming from within it, from what you could see? Dark Orange, Red?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Moving Horizontally you say? So no side lights on the side, I'm guessing, or a little blinker at all?

Was it oval in it shape, and looked like light was coming from within it, from what you could see? Dark Orange, Red?

The ONLY thing i could see about this was a bright red light, it wasnt dark yet so this must have been been pretty damn bright.

I saw no shape to it i was a bit dazzled when i starred at it, i only saw the light but yes the direction was perfectly straight and horizontal with no height deviation.

no blinking no other colours no nothing just an intense bright red light.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Ok, so you only could see a red light, with no other distinctions, other then the red light. And it was moving much like a satellite.

One last question?
Was it overly huge in comparison to a regular sized star? (Sorry my astronomy is terrible for a comparison )

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Ok, so you only could see a red light, with no other distinctions, other then the red light. And it was moving much like a satellite.

One last question?
Was it overly huge in comparison to a regular sized star? (Sorry my astronomy is terrible for a comparison )

It was about the same size but the brightness was pretty extreme and made it look bigger.

If i had to guess, and bare in mind im no professional, id say anything from 10 to 100 miles away maybe even more, but i could make out no actual hull of any type - just this ominous red glow not unlike my avatar actually.

I would say flare because it was extremely similar but it moved horizontally in line or should i say adjacent to the horizon and at the range i suspect it was, far far to fast.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
I was just walking back from the shops and i saw a thing that looked like a star but it was moving across the horizon maybe 15 degrees up from the line, but it was bright red and i do mean RED.

Its speed was too slow for a satellite and far to fast to be a star or planet.

The light from it was bright red and constant with no flicker, this was not a plane.

Just what the heck did i see?

hmmmmm

well that leaves us with only two possibilities it was either Iron Man or it was a UFO....

I always enjoy threads like these.

You don't come out and say it was a UFO but you pretty much rule out anything else it could be.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You don't come out and say it was a UFO but you pretty much rule out anything else it could be.

Which is exactly what i was going for.

It didnt look look like a alien spaceship, it was a red star.

since i never seen that before i was trying to get some sugestions

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Given the qualities you describe, I wouldn't rule out the light actually being a laser. (LEDs are the other option for having a very tight and specific color.) At long ranges the beams from a laser can diffuse and have a dazzling but not blinding intensity.

But that brings up the question of who or what would be flying around pointing a laser towards the ground?

Maybe something flying around doing a LIDAR scan? Might not hurt to ask around here? www.lidarmap.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join