It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos Of People From All Over The World Next To How Much Food They Eat Per Day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
a reply to: Char-Lee

Vegetables have hardly any calories, and even butter or olive oil has a certain amount, not exuberant unless you use a pound like my dutch friend's mother cooked her meat in.

Those veggies didn't all look fried so that was not the calories they gave.

Also the trucker eating all that fast food, I'm well aware that mcdonalds pads up their hamburgers to make them over 1000 calories, but a homemade one isn't

I suppose there is a chance they made a mistake, but if you will note, besides the veggies there is a fried kind of bread (I believe it is patacones fried plantain) and 2 plates of some kind of grain. She also has a bowl of some brown sauce (probably dipping sauce for the plantains) or possibly (Repe is a creamy soup made with green bananas or green plantains, onions, garlic, milk, cheese and cilantro).They generally marinade their vegetables in oil. Something that looks like tea but is very possibly

(Canelazo is consumed in the northern highlands of Peru, specifically around Ayabaca in Piura. It consists of aguardiente with sugar (or chancaca) and cinnamon boiled in water; lemon and chicha de jora may also be added...aguardientes are strongly alcoholic beverages

The fried stuff is possibly a popular food there called Llapingachos (Potato Cakes Stuffed With Cheese)
www.destinationecuador.com...

They cook with Palm oil Amount Per 1 tbsp (13.6 g)
Calories 120
As we all know fried foods absorb a lot of oil.

Plantains common food

Repe soup common food

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Of all of them shown, the Ecuador meal looks like it would probably be the best for you. A solid meal without piles of additives and sugar. More natural. etc. Enough to sustain and then some ... but not the kind that makes you fat.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I bet they work so hard they could not gain if they want to...Looking at their food and recipes I would love to try some!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The Native American History Smithsonian in Washington DC has a food court with ethnic Indian foods from North, Central and South America. When we go to DC, we'd always eat there. Some of what is in that picture can be purchased at that Smithsonian. (like the purple potatoes)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join