Impatients Are Out This Year And Next Year, Do Not Purchase Any This Year.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Good news from Hampton Virginia, my impatiens are doing just fine so far. I've already taken cuttings to make new plants.
Anyone who doesn't know this, you can pinch off a branch from the impatiens stick it in water, keep it in water about a week and it will grow roots. You can then plant it in the garden.
The same can be done with begonias and another great shade plant colius.

Good stuff and thanks for the post, please let us all know how they are doing in about a month.
From what I have read is that they should be all doing well or dead and gone.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I take it "impatients" are some kind of decorative plant?

I have never heard of them before. I just got a Christmas cactus though, yay me!
inpatients are shade plants that add color to areas where other flowers fail. They are available in mixed colors from red, fushia, pink, salmon, Orange, purple,and white. They have small dark green heart shaped leaves grow about a foot wide and 12-18 inches high.
www.google.com... 333333333334&bih=800&dpr=1.5
Here are some photos. You can see why shade gardeners hold them in such high esteem

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'll keep you posted. I started a seed bed just in case and lucky for me I can grow them until December in my neck of the woods. I may need that long to see any size out of the new plants.

a reply to: Iwinder

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join