It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far Cry 4 Confirmed for November 2014 Release

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ubisoft have said the game will be set in the Himalayas which should give plenty of scope for trademark Far Cry stunning vistas and hang glider action, no doubt much more information and footage will be revealed at E3 next month.

I'm a fan of the Far Cry games and hope this one will exceed my expectations in terms of both graphics and gameplay

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
FPS suck now.

Anyone thats been alive for more than 5 minutes has played enough military fps sims already.

oh look another mil sim for 35 bucks!

How about i just play one of the other 871624358765435 mil sims i have another time, more reality? yeah thats not a selling point thats a disgusting point.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

oh look another mil sim for 35 bucks!

It's Far Cry not Call of Duty , not a military sim but an open world adventure game

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Have you actually played the Far Cry games? Your post makes me think not. Far Cry and Far Cry 3 are some of the best FPS I've played in my 25 year FPS playing career.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Can't wait. I've been playing the farcry games since the beginning. Farcry 3 was the best IMO.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

The first Far Cry blew my mind at the time , the island was beautiful and the gameplay wild , the second not so good although the DX 10 graphics and dynamic fire were amazing but I agree the third one hit the nail on the head , clearing the bandit camps was great fun and Vaas was just nuts.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the good news Gortex, I have played the original Far Cry from day one and I even had the smarts to order a second game at the time of my original order.......Good thing too because my fist CD got worn out and my second one is getting used very heavily at this time.

I doubt my system will run any newer Far Cry games at this time but if they produce another winner I will upgrade/ build new just to play it.

I still love the rocks that you can throw in the first version.

Perhaps I played with you online?
Never joined a clan but my user name was .........U2 me if it matters.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 15-5-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be another joke thread. But now I'm excited. I love those games. My only hope is that the PC release doesn't get pushed back for one reason or another.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh good....thanks

Will tell my husband
He's a big fan of FarCry & he's been wondering about when/if the next one was coming out

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
(makes note on Xmas list well ahead of time)

That's 1 thing I'll require for my under-tree goodies.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hell yeah, can't wait I love these games.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Did you not hear me squeak like a little girl when it was announced? lol

I just hope they make the map editor better because I spend hours recreating places that I know, then driving around them and shooting and blowing everything up! If there's no map editor then I won't buy it, I'll only rent it. But still looking forward to it. Can't wait to hear about Battlefield 5 too! And Fallout 4.

I also hope they have a better protag because the last one was just.....just......no.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
OMG thats the voice of Randal from the crazy nasty ass honey badger video lol

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD
OMG!!! Hahahalol
That's the protag of FC3!!! That's him!!
That's funny.
I needed a laugh, thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
First Far Cry 4 trailer just released at E3

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
First Far Cry 4 trailer just released at E3

I am going to have to upgrade this old battle tank I am typing on if I want to play that one.
I will wait for the tester reviews and see what is what before I invest a lot of money.
Personally only having owed and played Far Cry 1 my comments do not amount to much due to zero play time on the other games in the series.

But I like to research before I spend spend spend, so thanks for posting the trailer Gortex and I will be waiting to see what happens.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
On top of the CGI trailer Ubisoft have released this gameplay trailer from the PS4 build of the game and it looks stunning.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey guys first post to a forum other then an introduction, so I hope it's up to par.

While I loved the game play and graphics of Far Cry 3(4 year old PC), I would have prefered a more complete open world experience. None of that black map B.S. either have a dynamic system that levels enemies as you do or just have different difficulty zones not a blacked out map. The weapon customization was decent. It would have been nice to have the same amount of options as COD or such standard fps. I also felt that the strangest character, Vaas was killed off too early and I didn't particularly like Jason Brody. Fix those issues and I'd buy a new PC to play the next installment.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tranquilone666

I agree about Jason Brody and his bunch but the dark map is part of the exploration theme , you don't know what's out there until you either unlock a tower or go there.

There's plenty of stuff to do in Farcry 3 , the different ways to approach clearing the camps is the best part of the game for me , trying to do them without a shot fired is fun and challenging and if it all goes off that's cool too , by the look of the trailer the new villain is Vaas plus and the key elements that made Farcry 3 fun are all in place and in some cases improved upon , yeah time for an upgrade before November.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You can hardly call Call of Duty a military sim :L a reply to: gortex

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join