It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is why the US Dept of Agriculture is buying submachine guns and high-capacity magazines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here is why the US Dept of Agriculture is buying submachine guns and high-capacity magazines and people had better start waking up fast and paying attention to what is happening before it's too late (if it's not already).

The news has gotten out today that the US Department of Agriculture is buying a bunch of .40 calibre submachine guns and 30-round capacity magazines and no one can seem to figure out the reason why. Here is the summary of the acquisition request:

The U.S. Department of #Agriculture, Office of Inspector General, located in Washington, DC, pursuant to the authority of FAR Part 13, has a requirement for the commerical acquisition of submachine #guns, .40 Cal. S&W, ambidextrous safety, semi-automatic or 2 shot burts trigger group, Tritium night sights for front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore grip) and scope (top rear), stock-collapsilbe or folding, magazine - 30 rd. capacity, sling, light weight, and oversized trigger guard for gloved operation.

USDA Firearms Solicitation Number: USDAOIGWEA-5-7-14

So why in the world would the USDA want to arm themselves to the teeth with military assault weapons?

To answer that question, I will refer you to an Executive Order written by President Obama on March 16, 2012 entitled, "NATIONAL DEFENSE RESOURCES PREPAREDNESS". This gives him sole authority to seize control over all resources in the nation (labor, food, industry, etc.) as long as it is done "to promote the national defense".

(1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer; (2) the Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy; (3) the Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources; (4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation; (5) the Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and (6) the Secretary of Commerce with respect to all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness -- White House

What all this means is that the U.S. government now claims the power to simply march onto your farm with guns drawn and demand all your crops, seeds, livestock and farm equipment.

Now Obama has seized control over all food, farms, livestock, water and transportation across America. How many brain-dead Americans will continue to live in denial and try to convince themselves this is not happening? Sticking your head in the sand does not make this go away!

Given the current state of affairs across the United States and all of the blatant injustices being inflicted rampantly on so many people, the Obama administration is without a doubt preparing for a massive civil uprising which, in their eyes, will constitute a danger to "national defense". Now they can (AND WILL) activate all actions mentioned in the "NATIONAL DEFENSE RESOURCES PREPAREDNESS" Executive Order.

The Obama administration has been plotting what can only be called a total government takeover of America!

WAKE UP!!!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Already posted earlier today..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Some homework is in order. Look up semi-automatic. Why are you using the name sub-machine guns?

These are just what most any law enforcement arm of any agency would use. Why the alarm over a normal purchase?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

They are select fire, semi-automatic and two shot burst. Anything that fires more than one shot with one trigger pull is classified as an automatic weapon. In this case a select fire automatic weapon.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So basically, if a food van goes rouge they can storm it with machine guns?

Do i even need to say thats ridiculous?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

"Submachine gun" is the term used by the USDA in the purchase order.

I don't see any legitimate reason why the USDA would need any weapons, much less these types of weapons.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

For the freaking USDA?

That's a "normal" purchase for the USDA?!

Did I miss something?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The alarm is duly given in my opinion. With a government having the track record ours has, then why should we not scrutinize them buying new weapons. They don't need a law enforcement arm anyway! That's what police are for. If something needs done, they should have to go through the local/state law enforcement.

If you disagree, I beg you to give me a good reason as to why the DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE needs guns.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

How is the one Obama signed any different from the one that Clinton signed? Or maybe the one signed by GWB? Oh...maybe it's different from the one that Nixon or Reagan or Eisenhower signed?

The EO has been pretty standard since before WW2.

Here's a nice Snopes article. If that doesn't suit you there's also this article from the Right-wing site hotair.com.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This theory could hold a bit of truth. The way the world is looking now, it seems that a war is coming, perhaps a big one, they would need control of the resources for that purpose. Storm in and take the crops in the name of national defense.....

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

It's for when they raid those whole food farmers selling raw milk and such, cause you know those hippie types can be a real rowdy bunch. Next I am sure that we will see an order come down for body armor, MRAP's, and large quantities of ammo too. Can't ever be too prepared when dealing with radical raw milk vendors and such.

edit on 5/15/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I figure this is how Obama is arming Syrian Rebels and more.

Where is the MSM ?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe they need them for the forestry service l&e division.

The United States Forest Service (USFS) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture that administers the nation's 155 national forests and 20 national grasslands, which encompass 193 million acres (780,000 km2). Major divisions of the agency include the National Forest System, State and Private Forestry, and the Research and Development branch.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

The facts given in the OP still stand.

I don't give credence to anything Snopes says since I found out that it's just a man and his wife sitting at home using Google to post their opinions on everything on the planet. I really don't see how so many people came to use them as an authoritative source on anything.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You do realize they have been doing this since 1978? Not suddenly buying guns?

OIG Investigative and Law Enforcement Authority

The Office of Inspector General (OIG), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), was administratively established by the Secretary of Agriculture in 1962 following a major criminal fraud scandal affecting several agencies within USDA. OIG was later legislatively established by Congress under the Inspector General Act of 1978 (Public Law [P.L.] 95-452), as amended.

Pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978 and Section 1337 of the Agriculture and Food Act of 1981 (P.L. 97-98), OIG Investigations is the law enforcement arm of the Department, with Department-wide investigative jurisdiction. OIG Special Agents conduct investigations of significant criminal activities involving USDA programs, operations, and personnel, and are authorized to make arrests, execute warrants, and carry firearms.

The types of investigations conducted by OIG Special Agents involve criminal activities such as frauds in subsidy, price support, benefits, and insurance programs; significant thefts of Government property or funds; bribery; extortion; smuggling; and assaults on employees. Investigations involving criminal activity that affects the health and safety of the public, such as meat packers who knowingly sell hazardous food products and individuals who tamper with food regulated by USDA, are also high-profile investigative priorities. In addition, OIG Special Agents are poised to provide emergency law enforcement response to USDA declared emergencies and suspected incidents of terrorism affecting USDA regulated industries, as well as USDA programs, operations, personnel, and installations, in coordination with Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies, as appropriate.

www.usda.gov...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I don't see how any of those activities they listed in the article you posted would require military assault machine guns.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

why the US Dept of Agriculture is buying submachine guns

Have you ever known a Government agency too get smaller,,,they all have their own private police force now to protect you from al qaeda & bee stings,,it all falls under the new Green Jobs programs & to harvest Bio-Mass to prevent Global warming....
Any excuse will do....Farmer Vincent has a new crop of Bio-Mass planted maybe thats it...

edit on 15-5-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Did you just not read the post?

In addition, OIG Special Agents are poised to provide emergency law enforcement response to USDA declared emergencies and suspected incidents of terrorism affecting USDA regulated industries, as well as USDA programs, operations, personnel, and installations, in coordination with Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies, as appropriate.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Yes, I read it. I'm sure the USDA is the first one they will call to assist with terrorism. /SARCASM OFF

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I really do not think the Dept of Agriculture is taking over where the BLM failed in seizing lands et al.

the purchase of guns & ammo by Agriculture is just that Agencies turn to help overspend any budget

barry Obama is determined to budget deficit or overspend and crash the dollar & economy & bankrupt the USAhe is using and will continue to require each Agency to spend Billion$ on unneeded & wasteful guns & ammo so he can both line-the-pockets- of contributers with taxpayer funded deficit spending &/or to deny the access of guns & ammo to less well-heeled citizens

oddly... the tax returns income for Uncle Sam was Billion$ more than expected.... SO Barry the progressive Obama had to spend money---so he ordered the Ag Dept. to buy up guns & ammo to erase all that revenue which could be used for many humanitarian projects instead !

the actions by this oval-office occupant are really questionable

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join