It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Vietnam leave 1 Chinese dead, 141 injured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

(Yahoo.news)-HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — A 1,000-strong mob stormed a Taiwanese steel mill in Vietnam and hunted down Chinese workers, killing one, attacking scores more and then setting the complex alight, Taiwanese and Vietnamese authorities said Thursday, further inflaming tensions between Hanoi and Beijing as they square off against each other in the disputed South China Sea.

Riots in Vietnam leave 1 Chinese dead, 141 injured

Anti-China Riots Over Sea Disputes Grip Vietnam

Things seem to be getting heated all over the world, I suppose we can add this to the mix.

I just hope that somehow this time, this holds true.

"We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves."
--Lyndon Johnson, Oct. 1964

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

"We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves"

here here

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Interesting, and guess what all the fuss is about? Oil, of course..

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockoperawriter

"We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves"

here here

heh, but we will send American boys seven or eight thousand miles away from home to libya, afghanistan, iraq, africa..

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak

not if we protest the chit out of it

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockoperawriter
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak

not if we protest the chit out of it

Good point....oh wait....

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

okay then remind as many people as you can about the last time vietnam was fought. westmoreland used the chess strategy instead of the go strategy

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yeah its getting pretty bad their.

Looks like Vietnam will make the first grand stand against China's encroachment, I'm pretty sure other smaller nations will stand with Vietnam....
they are but mere grunts fighting an entire army......
BUT, that is pretty hardcore, standing up to the big guy next door.

Good job Vietnam. Bravo.

S&F

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Another thread that is trying to cover some of the aspects of what is happening.. One bad thing about the whole mess and ignorance is the burning of businesses which are Taiwan owned and have nothing to do with the Chinese oil rig and 86 Chinese ships that are protecting it in claimed Vietnamese waters.

With the additional deployment of a submarine and a missile ship, there are now 86 Chinese vessels accompanying the oil rig's installation in Vietnam's Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). Local news reports that 3 Chinese military ships are surrounding a Vietnamese marine police vessel this morning and water cannon use continues against Vietnamese ships. We addressed the who, what, where, when and how of China’s HD-981 oil rig foray into Vietnamese waters here but, as we discuss below, the enduring question, as with many of China’s recently provocative actions in the Asia-Pacific, remains why? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Looks like China is hell bent on pissing of all of its neighbors, I'm sure Vietnam has lots of support in its struggles with China seems they're all banding together against China in Asia

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wow crazy, I just left Hanoi 4 days ago!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Yeah its getting pretty bad their.

Looks like Vietnam will make the first grand stand against China's encroachment, I'm pretty sure other smaller nations will stand with Vietnam....
they are but mere grunts fighting an entire army......
BUT, that is pretty hardcore, standing up to the big guy next door.

Good job Vietnam. Bravo.

S&F

What really gets interesting is Vietnam is vital to Russia's arms market and the signed some defense cooperation agreements last year. Russia has been selling their so called black hole subs to Vietnam, something that China has not been happy about because they are clearly geated toward using against China. If China and Vietnam heat up Vietnam will expect Russian support. If that support fails to appear the will turn to the US something they have been slowy doing anyway because of Russias weakness. Losing Vietnam's market to the West would be devestating for Russia. So the question is what does Russia do? In such a conflict it would not be a suprise to see Russia and the West on the same side against China as Vietnam would drag in ASEAN which is full of US friends and allies.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
What they need is our naval and air power, not our boys. PI, Vietnam, Korea, and Japan need to form an alliance, backed by US naval and air power.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Another thread that is trying to cover some of the aspects of what is happening.. One bad thing about the whole mess and ignorance is the burning of businesses which are Taiwan owned and have nothing to do with the Chinese oil rig and 86 Chinese ships that are protecting it in claimed Vietnamese waters.

With the additional deployment of a submarine and a missile ship, there are now 86 Chinese vessels accompanying the oil rig's installation in Vietnam's Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). Local news reports that 3 Chinese military ships are surrounding a Vietnamese marine police vessel this morning and water cannon use continues against Vietnamese ships. We addressed the who, what, where, when and how of China’s HD-981 oil rig foray into Vietnamese waters here but, as we discuss below, the enduring question, as with many of China’s recently provocative actions in the Asia-Pacific, remains why? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

true, it's a tiewanese situation.

my wife filled me in.

where it goes, i don't know! lol!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have no interest fight for oil for petroleum industry.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

China seems to be having problems with their own "enslaved" people - why don't all of us "people" just take out the corrupt leaders/banksters of the world?

I don't have anything against some chinese woman working hard for the little that she's allowed to have by her oppressors - or any russian who is in the same boat a lot of us americans are.

Seems the leaders are hell bent on sending the little people out to get slaughtered - all over the world.

Just wait - the US is working hard to start a bloodbath in Syria again....

Something natural that the PTB is going to happen that they can't control, so they're desperately trying to rile up the little people for a distraction. IMO.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Why dont they just sabotage those boats guarding the oil rig?Or here is something.."accidentally" drop a satellite onto it or it has a failure and it comes crashing down onto it. not as i f it coudnt be done or made to happen.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What I truly don't understand is this, why do businesses rush to China to build their factories. Chinese have (toyota plant) and will destroy foreign own/43% that is , businesses in China and the Chinese govt. will allow it. Time to bring home our industries where they belong.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
OOPS !!! They killed the wrong Chinese. Taiwan has no dispute with the Vietnam as yet and maybe this is the precursor to bad bloods between them in the coming years.

Brilliant, Vietnam, simply brilliant.... You managed to piss off two nations with one kill.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think the thinking in Vietnam is a little wrong.

They beat the French, and are proud of it.

They beat the USA, and are proud of it.

Now they think they can stand up to China. No they can't. They share a land border with China and if China decides to roll over that border there will be no stopping them.

At that stage, China will not care about world opinion and will wage total war. China will not be concerned with her own casualties, she wants her population reduced anyway. It would not go well for Vietnam, not at all.

I think Vietnam's history could work against them this time around.

P

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join