It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change caused empire's fall, tree rings reveal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Instead the sheeple will tow the party line and believe whatever the NWO says about climate change because they're "scientists" and "scientists" are always right. And even if the next Ice Age sweeps down upon us, you'll find a way to blame us for it anyway.

A) To me, use of the sobriquet 'sheeple' has a strong tendency to define the user.
B) 97% of climate scientists see a direct correlation between human action and climate change.
C) When ideology trumps science, the result is an aggressive form of cretinism. When it occurs on an institutional level, the result is an Idiocracy.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

And this was said by whom? Manning? As in "Michael Manning" who is famous for "Hide the decline"?
Tell me, do you actually know what that statement was in reference to? Or are you just parroting an out of context phrase (like Gore's "ice free" statement)?

This shows a bit of recent warming, it sure does, but nothing particularly alarming compared to the overall record.

The trouble is, that graph doesn't show what's been happening in Greenland for the past 150 years, it stops at 1855. Here's a chart with more current data added:
hot-topic.co.nz...

edit on 5/15/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is not a new revelation. It fits in with the 4.2 kilo year event.

The 4.2 kiloyear BP aridification event was one of the most severe climatic events of the Holocene period in terms of impact on cultural upheaval.[1] Starting in ≈2200 BC, it probably lasted the entire 22nd century BC. It is very likely to have caused the collapse of the Old Kingdom in Egypt as well as the Akkadian Empire in Mesopotamia.[2] The drought may have also initiated southeastward habitat tracking within the Indus Valley Civilization.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The tree rings show the kind of rapid climate change that we and policymakers fear,” says Manning.

Boy if that quote isn't glaringly obvious, I don't know what is.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The funny thing is these are the very climate events that prove earths climate is volatile and changes rapidly due to other factors that can't be blamed on mankind. That does not stop the anthro zealots from trying to spin it to fit their agenda.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

The funny thing is these are the very climate events that prove earths climate is volatile and changes rapidly due to other factors that can't be blamed on mankind.
That does not change the fact that the activities of mankind are currently affecting climate.

But yes, a cometary impact can also affect climate.
edit on 5/15/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Dendrochronology provides a solid date to the collapse of Egypt's Akkadian Empire...and presents further implications!

A handful of tree ring samples stored in an old cigar box have shed unexpected light on the ancient world, thanks to research by archaeologist Sturt Manning and collaborators at Cornell, Arizona, Chicago, Oxford and Vienna...
Link

I have to assume that 46% of the posters here will deny anything happened, or that these tree rings were put there by liberals.

I have to assume that those Akkadians were driving too many cars, had too many coal fired generating plants and had too many cows burping.... thereby causing all that climate change.
Tee Hee.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
a reply to: theantediluvian

The tree rings show the kind of rapid climate change that we and policymakers fear,” says Manning.

Boy if that quote isn't glaringly obvious, I don't know what is.

So that statement was what you took issue with (after I excerpted it)? So what about these blindingly ignorant (but at least on topic) comments?

Stored in an old cigar box? No chance of contamination there, nope.

Radio carbon dating? I thought that was disputed as unreliable? Not for this, though, right?

lol. Doesn't take much to incite a denial orgy around here. Mention climate and the Heartland Institute's brainwashing victims converge.

edit on 2014-5-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
lol. Doesn't take much to incite a denial orgy around here. Mention climate and the Heartland Institute's brainwashing victims converge.
Jeez, start a thread about Paleoecology and end up with an exercise in Dysgenics. That's pretty impressive!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That does not change the fact that the activities of mankind are currently affecting climate. But yes, a cometary impact can also affect climate.

Just checking, but is there evidence of a cometary impact with Earth in that time frame?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That does not change the fact that the activities of mankind are currently affecting climate. But yes, a cometary impact can also affect climate.

Just checking, but is there evidence of a cometary impact with Earth in that time frame?

See my post a few back

2nd

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Dendrochronology provides a solid date to the collapse of Egypt's Akkadian Empire...and presents further implications!

A handful of tree ring samples stored in an old cigar box have shed unexpected light on the ancient world, thanks to research by archaeologist Sturt Manning and collaborators at Cornell, Arizona, Chicago, Oxford and Vienna...
Link

I have to assume that 46% of the posters here will deny anything happened, or that these tree rings were put there by liberals.

I have to assume that those Akkadians were driving too many cars, had too many coal fired generating plants and had too many cows burping.... thereby causing all that climate change.
Tee Hee.

So your admitting that cars, coal fired power plants and cows cause global warming today?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

See my post a few back

2nd

I did, but what I saw was about a hypothesis. I didn't see evidence.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Link

Tee Hee.

So your admitting that cars, coal fired power plants and cows cause global warming today?

Is that what you got out of my post?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You wish to be sarcastic about a serious situation. I have to assume you don't have kids, I do and the boomers have completely screwed this world up for them.

Why do you use and embrace products made from science yet on this one topic you don't believe the majority?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I cannot trust the source of an opinion trying to link past civilization collapse with the need for carbon tax credits today.

What this proves, to me, is that humanity has always lived through cycles of drought/famine and abundance. If it is going to happen today, so be it. That is just part of our life on this rock.

Throughout our recent history we have seen attempts to control mother nature go horribly wrong, and cost hundreds of lives needlessly. I think any attempt to controvert the weather cycles of Earth should be crushed without discussion.

If we need to get rid of oil, then do it. But don't keep casting the same votes for the same people over and over again, and then want me to cough up extra cash to help overcome their inability to do their job.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Why do you use and embrace products made from science yet on this one topic you don't believe the majority?

Why do you use products that you admit cause global warming?
Don't you care about your great, great, great, great, great-grandchildren?

Ooops, I almost forgot:

I have to assume you don't have kids, I do and the boomers have completely screwed this world up for them.

Assuming things can be dangerous sometimes.
I have four children, ranging in age from 8 to 21 years.

edit on bu312014-05-15T13:59:00-05:0001America/ChicagoThu, 15 May 2014 13:59:00 -05001u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

See my post a few back

I did, but what I saw was about a hypothesis. I didn't see evidence.

Read the whole paper, not just the abstract. I'll post a link to a free version.
Siefert and lemke have brought up some good evidence , that combined with Marie Agnes Courty's decades of work in the area , the argument gets better. Nearly 30 years ago Courty uncovered evidence for the aftermath at Tel Liean. She has found microsphereuals, a layer of soot and a host of other impact proxies.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Please post this.
Impact events are an interest of mine, and I would love to see the evidence.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Link

Damn those pre-2000BC Egyptians for driving their SUV's and herding to many cattle! Seriously, it's weather, it changes, we don't have much control over it. I don't think anyone is de-nile, with the exception of Egyptions and possibly numerous tourists.

Seems like any old excuse to push the religion of climate change forward.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join