It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow Is May 16, 2014: Operation American Spring Rally In Washington D.C.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are a couple of older threads about OAS here on ATS, but after a search I did not see an updated one posted.

The Washington Times actually wrote an article about the group yesterday:

A group of self-described revolutionary-style patriots with a million mobilized militia members are heading to downtown Washington, D.C., this week to bring a simple message to political leadership, from President Obama to House Speaker John Boehner: Get out.

The Washinton Times

Interested in hearing what other ATS members have to say about this. OAS is claiming 10-30 MILLION individuals will be in Washington DC tomorrow. That's a lot of people and, if indeed that many show up, I can see things getting out of control rather quickly.

I think it is great someone is doing something about TPTB and it seems the goal of OAS is restoring our Constitution. However, the lack of legit reporting on this story it seems they aren't taking these people seriously, at all.

I'd love to be there, just to check out the scene and do snap some photos, etc. but I have to work all weekend.

Anyone here on ATS planning on taking part in this tomorrow? What do you all think about OAS in general?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
10-30 Million people coming down on DC? I've never heard of this group or the rally. I"ve not seen it anywhere. I'm thinking that estimate is VERY high.

edit on 5/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: spacing

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Yes, very interesting that I haven't heard a peep about this either!
Yet the WT wrote a story about it?

Wish them the best though.

edit on 15-5-2014 by chiefsmom because: correction

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So who is going to be the first to self immolate?

But seriously, if all that happens is a bunch of hippies turn up and crap everywhere, you have no right call it "American Spring".

People died in the Arab Spring, governments were overthrown in the Arab Spring.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Americans can't even come up with an original title.

*eye roll*

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

10 - 30 million people?

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't 30 million around 10% of the population of the entire United States?

That number is hard to accept.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
So who is going to be the first to self immolate?

But seriously, if all that happens is a bunch of hippies turn up and crap everywhere, you have no right call it "American Spring".

People died in the Arab Spring, governments were overthrown in the Arab Spring.

As the OP wrote, there have been a couple of threads on ATS about this already. And those involved are on the opposite end of what I would call a hippie. Their manifesto essentially called for the removal of anyone they would deem a "liberal" from government, Republican or Democratic. People like Rubio, Cruz, and Paul types could stay and grow in power.
The name is fitting seeing how much of the Arab Spring were Ultra Conservative in their social and religious views as well.

Tens of thousands may show up. Occupy this isn't.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

10 - 30 million people?

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't 30 million around 10% of the population of the entire United States?

That number is hard to accept.

Even 3% is hard to believe, IMO.
Maybe 1/3 of 1%.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I agree that their estimate of 10-30 million is high. After looking into the group a bit more it seems their intent is to stand their ground and occupy DC until their goals are met. They apparently have planned a three phase approach to their operation.

Here's a link to their "official" website:

Operation American Spring

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I foresee a repeat of the last DC rally flop. What were they, truckers? Bikers? Both? Yeah, see how much interest that one gained. I doubt this one is going to be any different. If it is, so be it, but I very highly doubt the turn out will be remarkable, let alone remarkable enough to catch the general public's interest.

Now, I'm not apathetic towards this. As I've said before, nothing comes of sitting on your butt and doing nothing. I just doubt that the citizens of our fine cesspit are collectively pissed enough to give a hoot yet.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the link!

I see that they are hoping for 10 million.
They plan on staying until the dirty scum politicians are out of office.

Could be a long wait.

TPTB will have them shot before long.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It seems like a lot of people in America are fed up with their government's actions and the status quo in general, but they are too lazy (being in a comfort zone) or afraid of showing what they really feel about that kind of issues...Also the Zionist propaganda machine is doing it's best not to cover such stories and it looks like they are doing a pretty good job so far...A spring in America would be a life changing experience for the whole world and it will eventually happen some day,but not as long as there is still big money to be made by the PTB.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Thanks for the link!

I see that they are hoping for 10 million.
They plan on staying until the dirty scum politicians are out of office.

Could be a long wait.

TPTB will have them shot before long.

No, just until who they deem to be dirty scum. The politicians they like can stay and be overlords and appoint more people like themselves.

At least Occupy accepted everyone who wanted an end to the oligarchy. That's why only the very fringe of the fringe were shown on any mass media outlets. They were scared. No one is even concerned with this "Spring". I wonder if they will set up peaceful sniper posts in their quest for Ultra Far Right rule?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shapur

I agree with you on the media not covering this story. I checked out their FB page and they only have 4,200 "likes" on it.

It is unfortunate that so many people complain and whine about the way things are going, but do nothing about it.

I wasn't born yet, but I do recall seeing news footage of the marches in DC back in the 60's, the sit ins down south, etc. Those people did create change, a lot of it. These days people seem too lazy or are afraid of what will happen to them to even make a peep. The fact that there are no real "leaders" (people like Martin Luther King Jr.) probably has a lot to do with how apathetic our society has become to things.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
At least there doing something and I really hope more people march down and join them. I do not know all the details only that our current leaders are so corrupt and out of touch with reality that people need to speak out. Nothing will change unless we get together and make it happen and some people would just rather burry their heads in the sand and do nothing which is why its gotten so bad.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank you for your thread friend. Unfortunately, theyll be LUCKY to have 5k people show up. It has not been spread around the web whatsoever nobody evwn knows about it.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shapur

It seems like a lot of people in America are fed up with their government's actions and the status quo in general, but they are too lazy (being in a comfort zone) or afraid of showing what they really feel about that kind of issues...Also the Zionist propaganda machine is doing it's best not to cover such stories and it looks like they are doing a pretty good job so far...A spring in America would be a life changing experience for the whole world and it will eventually happen some day,but not as long as there is still big money to be made by the PTB.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. We have apathetic people who just don't care at all, people who fear change and ridicule anyone with a formidable pair willing to rally in the first place, and the utter lack of media covering anything. I'm not talking about the scant alternative media that does cover it, because their audience is puny by comparison. I mean MSM. Does anyone really expect to see CNN coverage? Puh-lease. And that, right there, is how most people never know a rally happens in the first place, zero coverage. If you aren't in or don't know people involved in these movements, or read alternative news, good luck ever hearing about it.

Unfortunately, in the US, we're both self-sabotaging, and welcoming of it. It's a screwed up mentality here.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

We can't rid the world of the current economic-hegemony without the US, so best of luck.

originally posted by: DupontDeux
10 - 30 million people?

Comment on the numbers:

It only took 500k people (in a nation of ~45 million) to kick off a "revolution" in Ukraine...
edit on 15-5-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Having read about this for the first time and the articles, the following can be stated:

The first main question is where have these people been for the past elections? Do they not vote, did they not participate in any election that has occurred for a long time? Are they just sitting around and complaining or are they out following the laws of the country? Could they not have gotten people into office, backing them time and time again?

And the next question is do they think it is fair to remove another states legally elected official from office this way? While no one may like say Nancy Pelosi, do you think it is fair that people who are not from the state of California demand the removal of a person who has been elected from that state? There are many questions, this being one of them and this kind of question should be answered truthfully and plainly before any action is taken.

No politician has the will of 100% of the population that he or she represents, there is always someone who will complain about another states representative, so the popularity is never 100%. While I can applaud the idea behind it, and as long as it is peaceful, we will watch and wait. Should the federal government make moves against this group, then it will face an upset population, that is far more damaging to its already shot credibility as it stands.

While the nature of politics is volatile, the reality is what are they wanting from the federal government? Accusations of tyranny is present, yet often either fail to be proven, or like all bad laws were done with the best of intentions. If they have a complaint, and it is not being redressed, then they are not making a big enough noise, nor accepting of the response that is given that makes firm sense.

The reason why is not put out publically like most have been in the past, though does make sense, as the federal government tends to monitor and try to head off problems. I will give them that much, to make a surprise visit will have a greater impact than any other of the protests in the past. Now to see what happens.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This is the first I've heard about this. I would have read something somewhere. I don't think 10 million extra people would even FIT in DC. Where are they going to park, or sleep?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join