It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Technology! Molecular Sensor in the palm of your hand!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
There is a kickstarter campaign for a small device called SCiO that can analyze the chemical make up of fruits, drinks, plants, medication and more. It can tell you when you need to water your plants, how ripe or sweet a fruit is, and check your medication to make sure its legit. It has a tiny little spectrometer that sends information to a Cloud source which then sends to a free app on your smart phone. The campaign is already highly successful with an initial goal of $200,000 it has reached almost $1.5 million. I highly suggest you check it out! It looks really cool and I can't wait to get my hands on one myself! Also if you donate enough money you could be an early adopter of the device and be one of the first people to try it out.

Here is the kickstarter link:

www.kickstarter.com...

and here is the Youtube video that originally brought SCiO to my attention. I think it sums it up nicely.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Nice, i want one and some stickers that say tricorder

I'm not to sure it will work, IR spectroscopy is hard to get good results in the best conditions on $250k+ equipments

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WolfSong13

Even Captain Kirk didn't have such a sofisticated tri-corder in his arsenal.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sounds neat, but with previous such scanners turning out to be scams I'm postponing my enthusiasm for now.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WolfSong13

If this works, it will jumpstart a truth in advertising campaign for sure.

...Unless it's so good that food and other manufacturers start paying for falsified results.

new topics

top topics

join