Sudan woman faces death for apostasy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Take note all this is what you get when you have a theocracy.
Be it Muslim/ Christian or any religion theocracy's are wrong and I hope the USA never becomes one.
I hope somehow the couple and child can flee that horrid place.

We (Christians) don't sentance other people to death for having a different religion, and never have. It would be nice if people educated themselves before making such nonsensical claims.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog
a reply to: markosity1973
So yeah, call me an agenda filled Muslim basher all you want.

It's been OBVIOUS

I don't really care what people think of my opposition to Islam. FINALLY !

Cheers

You have just twisted my words by truncating my post.

At least you have revealed yourself as a liar now

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: maes2
They want to kill someone just because he converted !

What makes you think she converted?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

So yeah, call me an agenda filled Muslim basher all you want.

It's been OBVIOUS

I don't really care what people think of my opposition to Islam. FINALLY !

Cheers

You have just twisted my words by truncating my post.
At least you have revealed yourself as a liar now

Yes I pulled words out of context to emphasis the entire post reeks of duplicity.
Now you call ME a liar ? That's rich, you've stooped to Ad Hominem I'm " a liar "

And then, and then........wait for it. You openly state your hatred of Islam.

I have consistently attempted to shed light on your demonization of Muslims
by the vile acts of a few. This is of course the intent of these sensationalized MSM headlines.

So don't get your panties in a bunch. It's their MO ,you simply jumped on the bandwagon.

And for G_d sake don't take my replies so bloody personal.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So, all you are doing is attacking the messenger in the hopes that the message will gt drowned out. Classic diversionary tactics and one that Muslims are well guilty of playing when asked awkward questions on this site.

Quite simply then; answer these questions, or stop trolling;

Do you support the actions of the Sudanese court for condemning a woman to hang for apostasy?

If so why?

If not why?

I'm happy to discuss an Islamic view on this, but nobody wants to step up to the plate.
edit on 18-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I'd be interested to hear a Muslim's opinion on this.

The court seems to have arbitrarily declared her marriage to the Christian as being "not valid''.

''The judge also sentenced her to 100 lashes after convicting her of adultery - because her marriage to a Christian man was not valid under Islamic law.''

2. As for hanging for apostasy, the Koran says apostates would be punished in the afterlife.
The verses that are usually interpreted as meaning ''kill apostates'' refer to apostates during the time of Mohammads wars..... who left Islam to join the persecution of Muslims.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n

I'd be interested to hear a Muslim's opinion on this.

The court seems to have arbitrarily declared her marriage to the Christian as being "not valid''.

''The judge also sentenced her to 100 lashes after convicting her of adultery - because her marriage to a Christian man was not valid under Islamic law.''

2. As for hanging for apostasy, the Koran says apostates would be punished in the afterlife.
The verses that are usually interpreted as meaning ''kill apostates'' refer to apostates during the time of Mohammads wars..... who left Islam to join the persecution of Muslims.

I know we usually oppose one another in debates, but THANKYOU for answering as a Muslim.

So, why would a court declare a Christian marriage invalid? Is this the stance of all Christian marriages under Sharia law?

And why is she declared as being Muslim when she says her mother was a Christian? Should her father not be in lots if trouble for adultery too?

I find all of this very confusing.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
I find all of this very confusing.

Because you are witnessing insanity itself. Religious fanatics pushing vile ignorant religious laws from 600 AD into 2014 AD. Of course you will be confused. You are educated and enlightened.
edit on 5/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Of course the punishment of death for apostates exist in Islam like all monotheistic religions. But it has some conditions. Moreover there is a difference between apostasy and conversion.
Apostasy means betraying the religion. Apostasy is considered as an attack to the religious culture by getting allied with the enemies. Like Salman Rushdie.
It is interesting that we know some Islamic sects do not believe in the death punishment of apostate women even if it is proved that they are really an apostate so that they have allied with the enemies and by advertising they are annoying the public.
Punishment of Apostasy is for a social crime.
About this case I do not know what it really is. Maybe a wrong judgment in Sudan or maybe a propaganda against Islam and maybe both.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Of course the punishment of death for apostates exist in Islam like all monotheistic religions.

Wrong. Apostasy in christianity equals excommunication, NOT death. God is the one who calls the punishment in the afterlife.

Never have Jesus words 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' been more pertinent. Death penalties in Christianity ended with that one sentence.
edit on 19-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

For sure death punishment for apostasy exists in Judaism. They considered Jesus as an apostate and they wanted to kill him.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

For sure death punishment for apostasy exists in Judaism. They considered Jesus as an apostate and they wanted to kill him.

You do realize that was 2014 years ago ... right?
Existed .. not 'exists' .... big difference.

Can you find where there is a death penalty in modern judaism?
I tried .... I couldn't find a religious death penalty for 2014 in Judaism.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: maes2

Yes, this is true, but you said all monotheistic religions.

Leaving a faith that you were never part of does not entail apostasy. Saying naughty things about or painting pictures of your great prophet's face would be apostasy.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

You do realize that was 2014 years ago ... right?
Existed .. not 'exists' .... big difference.

Can you find where there is a death penalty in modern judaism?
I tried .... I couldn't find a religious death penalty for 2014 in Judaism.

Come on Madam. Modern Judaism is Secular It is not Judaism.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

So, why would a court declare a Christian marriage invalid? Is this the stance of all Christian marriages under Sharia law?

That is actually the main issue. The news source has not mentioned WHY the Sudanese court thought her marraige was "invalid'' under Islamic law, which otherwise recognizes Christian marriages.

And why is she declared as being Muslim when she says her mother was a Christian? Should her father not be in lots if trouble for adultery too?

Another news source says that the religious identity of the mother is being disputed. Some say she was actually a Muslim... but the woman claims she was raised as a Christian by her christian mother.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Come on Madam. Modern Judaism is Secular It is not Judaism.

Exactly. That's why there is no death penalty in Judaism existing today.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

That is actually the main issue. The news source has not mentioned WHY the Sudanese court thought her marraige was "invalid'' under Islamic law, which otherwise recognizes Christian marriages.

Another news source says that the religious identity of the mother is being disputed. Some say she was actually a Muslim... but the woman claims she was raised as a Christian by her christian mother.

Sadly facts are hard to discern in this case, but from reading between the lines, I would assume that Merriam's mother was married to a Muslim man, and perhaps one of several wives or he was just not around much for whatever reason.

If they were married like I think then it would have had to have been a Muslim marriage as a Muslim cannot leave the faith according to Sharia law. The assumption then would be that the mother converted to Islam. Merriam claims that the father was not around much so perhaps the mother continued her Christian faith while he was absent.

Whatever the case, leaving any faith should never be considered apostasy and it should not be punishable by death.

While I consider death for apostasy to be barbaric, I can at least follow the logic pattern in the example of slandering your great prophet being considered as such. I cannot however follow the logic of leaving the faith.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i say to hell with this judge . he should be ashamed to administer this kinda or sentence and if i was that christian man she married or his family i think this judge would not have long to practice. why do we target afganistan when we could do so much more yo help poor people of sudan chad and darfur.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If they hang her for keeping her new found Christian faith she will be highly valued by her new found God. Sadly it has to come to this. She will be rewarded by being brought back to life and living forever. The judge that condemned her will eventually perish and be forgotten. Her death will heap fiery coals on his head. This is the Christian perspective of her fate.

Allah (Enki) and Yahweh (Enlil) contend for another soul. Which God is better to serve?
This reminds me of the struggle between the Smoke Monster and Jacob of LOST.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Evil cult A VS evil cult B.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum