It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan woman faces death for apostasy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: SuperFrog

Frankly, we'd not even be having this conversation under Sharia law. I'd either be in jail for being clean shaven or hanging from a tree for being gay.

You would be hanging next to me for the crime of not believing in Allah after being whipped several hundred times of course. You can't be too kind and let someone just hang for their sins after all. After we're both dead, they'll have a big party and thank god that they killed 2 more infidels.

Sure, our society and religion is not perfect, but you really need to understand how bad islam and sharia law is.

I know you dream of a world free of religion, but it aint gonna happen in our lifetime. Just be glad that here in the west I'm cool with your atheist ways, i just expect the same respect for my christian belief system.

Yes, this conversation would not happen if we live under Sharia law, but how different that would be if our current law is based on Christianity and bible, as some extremist here in USA would like to believe. Does burning at stake or some other deaths provided by bible sounds better to you?

Dr. Tyson in one of his speeches pointed danger of path we (I assume you live in USA) are heading, and lessons we should learn from no other than Islam:

Interestingly, just like in his version of Cosmos, Dr. Tyson is able through otherwise not connected example point to dangers of were are we heading - through naming rights.

I respect everyone rights to have their own religion, but I will never respect someone's right to judge others based on their religion/absence of religion. This is what is happening in Sudan, the same some try to establish in USA by adding word God to everything possible...

salem? OR? NH? MA?

sharia doesn't require a court.

i can say u messed up and anyone can kill you.

like on facebook.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

In these countries they have religious vigilante groups called modesty police who patrol towns looking for people who do not comply
With sharia law. They are a law unto themselves. Here's an article on modesty police in Iran.

www.thecommentator.com...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

THere definitely seems to be a genetic component to unwarranted belief. I wonder if we can selectively out-breed this tendency in future human offspring?

As to perfection in religious belief, I doubt that anything resembling it can or will come from ancient desert monotheism. All three sects seem prone to irrational violence and hatred towards all living things.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That wasn't called for. In a way you just did the same thing that judge did. Singling out errant behavior on religions part is as pertinent as the Inquisition or the Roman Catholics control over most of the European continent during the Dark Ages. How many were burned at the stake (with no stay) in the name of religion then?

intrptr: I'm not trying to single you out, but I'm going to use your quote to illustrate something that I see as a reoccurring trend.

When an LEO overreacts and shoots someone 17 times in the back the entire forum community is in uproar. There are few defenders (and rightfully so), but something else happens; people are mad at ALL cops for not speaking out, not policing themselves, not reigning in rogue cops. With every new news story about abuse of power the 'Blue Line' is brought up, debated and within a few posts every cop has wound up being labeled a usurper of the state.

*For the record, I too believe the vast majority of police abuse their position*

But when one simply replaces the word 'cop' with 'muslim' suddenly there is no shortage of defenders. What I cannot understand is why it is bigoted to expect that one group of people do what is DEMANDED of another; police their own.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Isn't it funny how not a single Muslim has come into this thread to either condemn or attempt to justify these actions.

It's like they are all too eager to attack Christianity, but when the tables are turned they head for the hills and hide like cowards.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

So your position is that the Muslim State for lack of a better word in some countries is not self policed or abuses its authority through their religious edict?

I tend to agree but I don't hold that its Islam's fault anymore than I hold Policing responsible for the actions of a few corrupt individuals or precincts. Those are goingg to exist regardless, corrupt individuals hide behind the badge or their religion.

My point is that the US hides behind noble concepts such as Humanitarianism for much bigger crimes against humanity.

Where Islam has its rogues or extremists, the US government, corporations and military are rouge elements as a whole. We invade nations and bomb people and cities to dust. Thats a lot more extreme in my mind than some judge in a small country sentencing one woman to hang for leaving her religion. She's not even going to hang either, if I am correct?

Something that might help you understand Islam better is they don't see things like we do in the West. Their system is not government and church separate from each other. In their mind the Will of Allah is supreme, there is no higher or separate authority from that. Elders (wise men) or Mullahs whatever they are called, are the goto guys for making decisions. These aren't generally elected, they are appointed because of their standing as wise men in the faith.

The idea the West espouses, "Democracy" (a misnomer like Humanitarian invasion) is silly to them. You don't vote God or not God or elect men over God. To them our ways are hilarious. To be expected to submit to them because we think its a better way of life is insane and dangerous.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The fact that she's 8 months pregnant hasn't been addressed.
Are they going to murder the baby as well as the mother?
Give the mother 100 lashes while pregnant?
Or are they going to wait until the baby is born and then murder her?
Jungle animals behave better than these people do .

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The fact that she's 8 months pregnant hasn't been addressed.
Are they going to murder the baby as well as the mother?
Give the mother 100 lashes while pregnant?
Or are they going to wait until the baby is born and then murder her?
Jungle animals behave better than these people do .

The judge has given her a stay of execution until the baby is 2 years old. Meanwhile they will just whip her instead. How very thoughtful of them.

Not.

edit on 16-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The judge has given her a stay of execution until the baby is 2 years old.

Maybe someone can rescue the woman and the baby before those ignorant fools kill her.
That's two years .... we can pray ....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Actually.... I've been scouring the internet for the source of that claim. I might need to retract it because I can't find anything, I think I saw it on the news here in Australia.

But, the story gets worse and I can back it up; She has also got a 20 month old child. Those animals are trying to deny a child it's mother.

A Khartoum court convicted 27-year-old Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, who is in custody with her 20-month-old son and eight months pregnant with her second child, of the charges on 11 May and gave her three days to return to Islam.

Source

Even I'm gonna get in on the praying act on this one. Mary said the rosary is a weapon against evil. Me thinks its time to unleash it.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

This latest case again throws the spotlight on Sudan’s judicial system, which came under intense international scrutiny recently after an 18-year-old Ethiopian woman who was gang raped by seven men in Sudan was charged with adultery and prostitution.

Link

However, at least the international community is weighing in on this case:

“The EU diplomats underlined that in the context of relevant UN and African Union conventions, Sudan has an international obligation to defend and promote the freedom of religion.”

The US, UK, Canadian and Dutch embassies in Khartoum also issued a joint statement, expressing their deep concern over the court’s ruling, urging Sudanese legal authorities to approach Ibrahim’s case with compassion.

Meanwhile, Amnesty International is calling on Sudanese authorities to repeal Articles 126 and 146, which pertain to the criminalisation of apostasy and adultery respectively.

“Meriam Ibrahim is a prisoner of conscience, convicted solely because of her religious beliefs and identity, and must be released immediately and unconditionally,” Amnesty said in a statement on Monday.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They want to kill someone just because he converted !

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: maes2
They want to kill someone just because he converted !

She actually, and she is pregnant too. But yes, they have sentenced a woman to death for converting to Christianity for the man she loves.

To give this a human element, her name is Merriam and this is her wedding photo.

I am outraged beyond comprehension over this.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

And she's such an evil person, deserving of death, that she married a man who was wheelchair bound.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Doesn't Islam follow Sharia Law? If so, then the judge should be hanged too...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Isn't it funny how not a single Muslim has come into this thread to either condemn or attempt to justify these actions.

It's like they are all too eager to attack Christianity, but when the tables are turned they head for the hills and hide like cowards.

I guess that says it all. Everyone of these Muslim bashing threads appear to be initiated with a not so hidden personal agenda " Hide like cowards " 1.6 Billion Muslims on the planet. 23% of the Worlds population. And for some odd reason you
believe THIS is News worthy ? Wonder what the rest of those 1.6 Billion are doing today. Should we smear the homosexual community with the likes of these > adherents.com/misc/hsk.html Of course not ! ( Sorry about my attempt at a hyperlink, cut and paste ) And yet you feel compelled to focus our attention toward a horrible act. I see these disproportionate News Headlines frequently. MSM [ your source ] ALWAYS has an agenda ,you know that, or you should . Apparently the disproportionate condemnation of Muslims is currently in vogue. Cheers

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog

I guess that says it all. Everyone of these Muslim bashing threads appear to be initiated with a not so hidden personal agenda " Hide like cowards " 1.6 Billion Muslims on the planet. 23% of the Worlds population. And for some odd reason you
believe THIS is News worthy ? Wonder what the rest of those 1.6 Billion are doing today. Should we smear the homosexual community with the likes of these > adherents.com/misc/hsk.html Of course not ! ( Sorry about my attempt at a hyperlink, cut and paste ) And yet you feel compelled to focus our attention toward a horrible act. I see these disproportionate News Headlines frequently. MSM [ your source ] ALWAYS has an agenda ,you know that, or you should . Apparently the disproportionate condemnation of Muslims is currently in vogue. Cheers

It is your view that is disproportionate sir. A woman is about to die for the act of leaving Islam.

If you expect me to idly sit by and let this happen, it ain't going to happen.

Oh and btw open your eyes, there is plenty of christian bashing, even more catholicism slander even in this very thread. Anti gay sentiment on this site is also easily found.

This thread is about a Christian wonan being sentenced to death over leaving Islam, nothing to do with gay rights. Come back with a better argument than Islam bashing and I might take you seriously

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It is your view that is disproportionate sir. A woman is about to die for the act of leaving Islam.

If you expect me to idly sit by and let this happen, it ain't going to happen.

Oh and btw open your eyes, there is plenty of christian bashing, even more catholicism slander even in this very thread. Anti gay sentiment on this site is also easily found.

This thread is about a Christian wonan being sentenced to death over leaving Islam, nothing to do with gay rights. Come back with a better argument than Islam bashing and I might take you seriously

" Isn't it funny how not a single MUSLIM has........" " A women is about to die for the act of leaving ISLAM ' This thread is about ......death over leaving ISLAM "

I could care less whether or not you might take my post seriously. Agenda driven individuals rarely, if ever, change their opinions. ! The above three quotes are your words and the emphasis is on Islam.

I selected the link as and example of disturbing behavior by a select group of individuals. I assumed incorrectly you understood the concept of negative stereotyping. I'm fairly certain you've been the target of this nonsense . You chose a BBC headline sensationalizing a death sentence handed down by a member of a particular faith ! The intent of said BBC garbage is to imprint this image across a broad spectrum of a particular faith.

I will therefore suggest your alleged motivation is less then truthful or you have simply been misled by a Media outlet with
an Anti-Muslim philosophy. I suspect the former, although the latter is instrumental in forming public opinion . Do with that as you wish but don't kid yourself with it's about "a ....women being sentenced to death "
Cheers

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

All you've done is reiterate your Muslim bashing stance.

An 8 month pregnant woman with a husband and a 20 month old child is to be hung, all because her brother reported to authorities that she has converted from Islam.

There is a human life about to be extinguished over what is not even a crime. That is an outrage.

And FYI, there are Islamic people condemning this and quoting the qu'ran on Al Jazeera - and so they should be. I still haven't seen a single Muslim condemn it on here or try to explain why this is acceptable, especially when here in western countries they are pushing to allow the sharia law system that allowed this to happen.

And FYI, here is the rotten justification used to pass this sentence;

The judge in her trial also sentenced Ibrahim to 100 lashes after convicting her of adultery as under Sudan’s Islamic Shar’ia law her marriage to a non-Muslim is considered invalid and therefore an adulterous relationship.

Judge Abbas Mohamed Al-Khalifa addressed Ibrahim with her Muslim father family name saying “We gave you three days to return to Islam but you insisted not to do so therefore I sentence you to death by hanging”.

Source

The woman, says she was even raised a christian by her mother and that her muslim father was not around, but not even that is good enough.

Amnesty International says Ibrahim was raised as an Orthodox Christian, her mother's religion, because her Muslim father was absent during much of her childhood.

However, the court considers Ibrahim to be Muslim. In Sudan, Muslim women are prohibited from marrying non-Muslims, though Muslim men can marry outside their faith. Children must follow their father's religion.

Source

The Sudanese government attitude is also equally disgusting claiming that it's just the way it is when you are a Muslim

Speaking to AFP news agency on Wednesday, Ahmed Bilal Osman, Sudan's information minister, said: "It's not only Sudan. In Saudi Arabia, in all the Muslim countries, it is not allowed at all for a Muslim to change his religion."

Source

Sharia law in Sudan also allowed this gross miscarriage of justice

February 20, 2013 (KHARTOUM) – An 18-year-old Ethiopian woman who said she was gang raped by seven men in Sudan has been found guilty of committing indecent acts and is also facing a possible jail term for immigration offences.

Source

So yeah, call me an agenda filled Muslim basher all you want. When justice becomes this perverted I really don't care what people think of my opposition to Islam and it's sickening sense of morality and punishment.

edit on 17-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So yeah, call me an agenda filled Muslim basher all you want.

It's been OBVIOUS

I don't really care what people think of my opposition to Islam. FINALLY !

Cheers

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join