It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im starting to feel a Draft...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
With all the �speculation� posts about what would you do if drafted and such, I thought it would be proper to start a thread that speaks directly about the realism of a draft soon.

My opinion of course is that there WILL be a draft and soon. Get ready people, you will be digging foxholes in some sandy place soon�.trust me..

The U.S. military will be reinstating the draft by Spring 2005.
www.snopes.com...

U.S. Preparing For Military Draft in Spring of 2005
www.utne.com...

Kerry: Potential great for return of draft
www.dmregister.com.../20041015/NEWS09/410150395/1001&lead=1

Agency initiates steps for selective draft
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

The Draft. Its coming. Which country will you be fighting in? Iraq? Iran? Syria? Pakistan? Afghanistan? Maybe even North Korea? We will all soon find out�

[edit on 1-12-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Anybody under thirty had better watch out now that the elections are over the military bigwiggs are already complaining about being stretched so thin and where do you think they are going to find bodies or should I say cannon foder to support their inflated ambitions.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I figure we should just transfer the troops that are stationed in Germany and Korea.

That should be a sufficient number.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think we should transfer the troops in Iraq home. Build a wall around the country and dont let anybody in. Educate our kids, erradicate drugs and find a new cheap, abundant, clean burning fuel source. Then live happily ever after. Maybe a few dozen years from now alow a few people to come and go once we can control it.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hey skippy, do we first round up the muslims and kick 'em out?

Do we let anyone leave this "fortress america"?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No such thing as "living happily ever-after," except in Fairy Tales.
The US can ill-afford to take on the appearance or qualities of 'isolationism'.
Won't work, doesn't work.
WWII was prime example.
Transfering the troops home from Iraq will only signal defeat for us and the coalition and victory for the insurgents and terrorists operating within. Such a victory will only incite further ramifications, internationally.

The "draft" coming back has been discussed, hashed, and re-hashed so many times already within ATS, I'm almost positive that the 'draft' itself doesn't know whether its coming or going!

seekerof

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Anybody can stay. This country is made from diversisty. Thats quite a anti Muslim statement you made Mox. Can you please quote wich part of my post refers to Muslims? Please refrain from turning my post into some sort of racist or anti Muslm agenda you may have.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The draft has ALREADY been voted on, and got crushed 402 votes to 2. Also, the draft vote was suggested by democrats.

Just a little info for you people quaking in your boots about the draft.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the best has yet to come, what happens if the war scenario spirals out of control. a draft would most certainly be inevitable.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't think there will be a draft. I don't think the American people will stand for it....even the majority who voted for President Bush. Any politician on The Hill that would support a draft might as well kiss his/her political career goodbye. You think protesting, etc was bad during the Vietnam War....wooo boy try and institute a draft now.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
no way...no way at all. It's still gotta be voted on, and you think 200+ people are going to change their mind?

A.) No one wants a draft
B.) The politicians have kids that they don't want to be in the military
C.) if it was found out that politicians children were dodging the draft, the general public would go nuts. It wasn't all that big of a deal back in the day, because everyone and their brother was trying to dodge the draft. If it were to happen today, all those "fortunate sons" would be ripped to shreds by the public.

The draft is the last thing people should worry about. Besides, if you volunteer to serve your country, you wouldn't have to worry about a draft.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards we won't have a draft, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if one is called for.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Skippy, if your idea was implemented America would collapse faster than a bar stool under a Ricki Lake guest.

America needs to trade with the outside world to survive. That means business people coming and going. It also means Americans going and coming. I can't see too many valley girls or homeboys willing to make your Nikes for two-fitty and hour once you pull up the draw bridge and say seeya to China or Taiwan.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
this is the world... the 21st century it won't get any better than this. So get your stuff ready and pack up because they will be taking in fresh teenage recruits into the military sooner or later..

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Transfering the troops home from Iraq will only signal defeat for us and the coalition and victory for the insurgents and terrorists operating within. Such a victory will only incite further ramifications, internationally.

Seekerof, with all due respect, where does it end? The idea of staying until the job is finished is very open-ended. In this, we will never leave Iraq.

am I wrong?

In regard to the draft; invariably we will need more troops and the percentages of raw recruits will start to go down as the body count (which, by the way, is not being mentioned much anymore) continues to rise. The longer we are positioned throughout the world, the greater the demand for troops will be. How can we avoid the draft?

BG

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
US does not need new untrained recruits right now, what is trying to do is to keep the trained and experience soldiers it have in their ranks, that is why the bonuses are getting more attractive.

Now if the US has plans for an invasion or war with Iran it will first re install the draft and then it will plan after the new troops are ready, probably withing 3 years before Mr. Bush leaves the white house.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The military is releasing a video game for free download or sale next year. This will accoplish the draft if one of two ways. The 18-25 year olds download the program and get addicted to the art of killing and are enclined to enlist.
-or- the user will signup on line to register the software, but will be duped into enlisting, but less likely.
I believe with the first option they can put in enough commercials and subliminals to capture young minds. Modernday bloodlust.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I wish the rumors of a draft would come to an end but I guess they never will.

If the U.S. is attacked again we will probably need a lot more forces but I don't think a draft will be necessary. Many people enlisted after 9/11 and another attack on U.S. soil would get people fired up to join the military so a draft would not be necessary.

By saying this I realize that I've probably opened up a can of worms ... some of you might start speculating that instead of a draft Bush's real plan is to stage an attack on U.S. soil for the sole purpose of getting people to enlist.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The draft isn't a rumor its real and its coming soon. It was actually a big conversation I had today with most of my sales team. One guy said that he was told by his friend in the air force, and by another in the navy that there will be a draft coming soon.

Our forces are over utilized we need fresh fighters to continue this war in Iran and Syria, and we can't let our gaurd down to our other would be enemies.

Yes the draft was already raised by the democrats and voted on... but that vote took place pre-election and anyone that would have voted for it would not have been re-elected. The elections are over the Republicans control the executive branch, senate, and congress... they can pass a new draft bill if they felt they needed to.

I feel that the draft is unconstitutional and I will not fight for america in this war...i will be in Mexico on some sandy beach with my lap top watching the world destroy itself.

Have Fun!

The one true god.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think there will be a draft if Bush goes after all those "Axis of Evil" countries. Who all is on the hit list besides Iran, North Korea, and possibly Syria? Libya?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join