It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Questions About the Pineal Gland That Add to the Mystery of Spirituality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Definition, Truth:
1. something factual: the thing that corresponds to fact or reality

Definition, True:
1 .real or correct: conforming with reality or fact

Definition, Assume:
1. suppose something: to accept that something is true without checking or confirming it

Definition, Assumption:
1. something taken for granted: something that is believed to be true without proof

Just saying.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
il agree those questions were very leading. not leading in a "bad" way so to say but more attempting to make people have to realization themselves. idk its kinda a grey area.

NOW TRY THIS!

close your eyes and imagine a hammer smashing an egg? did you see it? did you pause the hammer and rewind while the egg shell shattered? did you replay in a skipping motion the initial smashing?

how did you "SEE" this hammer smashing an egg?

a windmill will give you electricity when the wind exerts manual energy on the electric motor thats inside it... now what happens if you were to pump electricity into this motor??? the wind mill would spin all willy nilly without any manual exertion from the wind. input electricity get back manual energy and vice versa...

nowwwww what happens when you input brain electrical signals into an "eye motor"... You more then likely get IMAGES in return.

when light enters our eyes it interacts with rods and cones and creates A UNIQUE ELECTRICAL signal just like what your computer pumps to your monitor. this electrical signal then travels into the visual cortex and our brain deciphers this electrical signal and gives us an Image in our mind.

NOW our minds are also able to GENERATE electrical impulses like PAIN and FEELINGS and IMAGINATION!!!!! when you imagine something.... like the hammer smashing the egg above when you imagine images the electrical signal is created INSIDE the pineal gland and then sent down to interact with the visual cortex.

this isnt its only use from what I've seen its just the only "CONCRETE" mechanical use that I've been able to find. the rest is alot of hearsay and misunderstanding. the pineal is definitely some sorta special organ that deserves an immense amount of study!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
originally posted by: muzzleflash

I actually don't buy into much of it.
Hardly any of it's true, and in fact much of it's outright false.
Phage is mostly right.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, Muzzle, but I respectively disagree. There is too much research that leads to the pineal gland having a direct link to the spiritual side of things.
Have you not read over any of the text that has been posted? Also, we have members right here on ATS that can vouch for their own experiences while meditating, or at the beginning of an OBE. The tingling sensation is felt right where the pineal gland sits.
Also, the pine cone, which is symbolic for the pineal gland is shown in many ancient hieroglyphs, and it's even on the staff of the pope!
Think maybe they know something that has been hidden from the rest of us?

Yall attack him like he doesn't know anything about Spirit when he probably knows more than most. I am afraid this is a highly corrupt belief system being pushed here, and it's highly deceptive.

Ummm.... I seriously doubt that.

I could rant all day about it but why bother?
If you don't agree entirely with the flawed premise it won't be accepted, as usual with these topics.

Don't get mad, Muzzle. A closed mind cannot learn and 'see' all the wonderful things that await them. They will be stuck in the dark abyss of science for all eternity. Open your mind and accept that not all has been revealed, but it's there for those who seek it.

edit on 5/15/2014 by sled735 because: add video

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

1. Is the pineal gland the evolutionary remnant of a literal third mammalian eye that moved into the center of the brain and changed functions from gathering light to entraining rhythms in accordance with information gathered by the retina?

No.

2. Why do the visionary states of consciousness induced by psychedelics and meditative practices seem to be centered around the very part of the brain where the pineal gland sits?

They don't.

3. If there is no connection between spirituality and the pineal gland, how is it that the 6th chakra (Ajna chakra), according to ancient Hindu tradition, is located precisely where the pineal gland sits, and has for centuries been associated with the ‘mind’s eye,’ the eye of intellect and intuition?

It isn't located where the pineal gland sits.

4. Is there a connection between the spiritual promise of the pineal gland, which is shaped like a pine cone, and the Pigna, the colossal bronze pine cone statue of ancient Rome which now sits in a courtyard in the Vatican?

No.

5. Does the pineal gland produce the body’s natural supply of '___', dimethyltriptamine, a chemical compound that produces incredible visionary effects when consumed in concentrated form or in the Amazonian medicine Ayahuasca?

It was found in the pineal glands of rats.

6. Does the pineal gland release massive doses of '___' when a person dies, or when a person nearly dies, which causes the mind to have near-death experiences, or causes the soul to return to source?

There is no reliable data for this hypothesis.

7. What is the significance of the fact that the ancient Egyptian symbol, the Eye of Horus, strongly resembles the anatomy of the middle section of the brain and upper cortex, centering on the thalamus and the pineal gland?

Zero significance.

8. Why is the pineal gland the only organ in the human body that calcifies and solidifies with age?

Calcification can occur in almost any part of the body.

9. If the pineal gland has little effect on consciousness, why is it that people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, diseases which cause them to be severely psychologically disconnected from the ‘real world,’ have pineal glands that are much more calcified than those of ordinary people?

The regulation of sleep-wake transitions is important to consciousness.

10. Why is it that following the methods of pineal gland decalcification and cleansing often bring genuine results to people who are seeking heightened spiritual experience, and why do these practices often result in people being able to more easily remember dreams and lead them to feel more connected to ‘source?’ - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The same reason they say prayer brings them closer to divinity, by grossly dismissing and misunderstanding the reality of things so that they can see the world how they want it.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

The same reason they say prayer brings them closer to divinity, by grossly dismissing and misunderstanding the reality of things so that they can see the world how they want it.

That could apply both ways here, don't you think?

Another question... Are you an atheist?

Well, make that two questions... lol

Have you ever had an OBE, or NDE, or experienced a deep meditative state?

edit on 5/15/2014 by sled735 because: add question

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Thank you for your reply.

Also, I love this scripture in the Bible: Matthew 6:22
The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

He doesn't say "eyes", he says "eye" ... single! Open the single eye to have your body filled with 'light' (awareness).
How much clearer does it get?!

edit on 5/15/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Its my own personal belief, that the pineal gland is the "spirit gland." There's is so much that we do not understand about this itty bitty structure.

In Dr Rick Stassmans book 'The Spirit Molocule' he brings up a point that blew my mind and really solidified my beief that the pineal gland, our third eye, is the seat to the soul. About 49 days after conception, the sex is determined and the pineal gland becomes visible. the Tibetan Book of the Dead, says that the soul enters the fetus 49 days after conception. As someone who also believes in reincarnation, the coincidence is striking.

Interesting topic!

edit on 15-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I believe in reincarnation too.

Thank you for adding to this discussion. I need to read that book! Sounds very interesting!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It's a really interesting read, a little dry at points but overall very informative. Plan on reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead next, have you read that?

I've also been working on decalcifying my pineal gland. The city I live in doesn't use fluoridated water, thankfully. Switched to flouride free toothpaste about a year ago and take shots of lemon in the morning, love love love lemons. So sour and so good, lol.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Don't bother trying to have a nice conversation with Aphorism. He's a weasel who breaks his promises. He is too far gone. Just a bit of friendly advise.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

It's a really interesting read, a little dry at points but overall very informative. Plan on reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead next, have you read that?

I've also been working on decalcifying my pineal gland. The city I live in doesn't use fluoridated water, thankfully. Switched to flouride free toothpaste about a year ago and take shots of lemon in the morning, love love love lemons. So sour and so good, lol.

No, I haven't read either of them, but I've seen the Tibetan Book of the Dead mentioned several times in threads. It's going on my wish list, for sure!
I'm also working on de-calcifying my pineal gland, but there's still so much more I need to do.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Don't bother trying to have a nice conversation with Aphorism. He's a weasel who breaks his promises. He is too far gone. Just a bit of friendly advise.

Well, I see he's a hit and run. LOL
He hit the reply button, then he ran. LOL

Thanks for the advice.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Gutted this thread has come to such an abrupt ending Sled, I don't understand it I Love th subject, was lapping it up. Shame. F and s for you, nice little topic.
PS I don't think the commrnts from professor P helped.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Gutted this thread has come to such an abrupt ending Sled, I don't understand it I Love th subject, was lapping it up. Shame. F and s for you, nice little topic.
PS I don't think the commrnts from professor P helped.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

so because the tibetan book of the dead says it its true? why not what all books say then? maybe the bible and the Quran?

theres even hints to the pineal gland in both the bible and the Quran but what makes budism so special?

its all just different perspectives on the same topic IMO and NO ONE has any idea what they are talking about. its a very strange and unexplainable part of us that has obviously been worshipped over for a long time and found its way into both religious and pop culture over and over again.

I long for some Say all End all body of knowledge but to be honest thats impossible.... cause who's the person who wrote that think they are? we live in the middle of a giant explosion clinging on to a piece of gravel thats whizzing around one of the hot coals of said giant explosion.... thats about as far as the facts go.

IMO its all just another dusty old dead end road to chase our tail down sitting around waiting for superman to come save you, or super reptilian(the david wilcox link is pretty weak.... COME ON!) or some super god or budha or whatever.

the whole idea of life will be better after i die is just retarded.... whether you get golden roads in heaven or you get to be reincarnated as a "better" being. its all ridiculous. this is the only life we are SURE of.

"SCIO ME NESCIRE" - "If i know one thing, it is, that i know nothing" well actually every now and then i do know something... THAT IM ALIVE! when i experience one of the many many physical and spiritual wonders our world has to offer i know one thing... THAT IM ALIVE! why would i wait for the next time to be the best i could possibly be?

I'm sure every last person on this forum knows what happens when you procrastinate with different projects in life... "O il wait til tomorrow to do that".... well if it 99.9% of the time goes bad when we procrastinate in daily life why would procrastinating on something as big as if this is the best shot at LIFE we are ever going to get??? i know I'm not!

now with all this said yes i believe there is so much more to this life and the "Force" behind it but I'm just a lowly primate, i cant ever hope to understand it, someday i figure us primates will build some computer to tell us what it all means but then how do you believe that? thats the beauty of this life, there is no reason at all. thats why when beautiful things happen they are so beautiful cause it could of just as likely been something catastrophic and terrible.

have you guys ever thought about what has had to take place over the last near 4 billion years in order for us to be sitting here typing this to each other? the formation of the galaxy? the formation of our solar system? the formation of our planet and then the following destructions that lead to changes in life that lead to rise in mammalian life. now all these mammals (with their pineal glands) run around eating each other and just plain ole living by the code of the jungle for hundreds of 1000's of years and all of a sudden in the last 20,000 years or so a mammal comes along that wants to question it all and quantify and put a face on everything they don't understand.

have you guys ever been a teen ager? just full of self assuredness and ego, ready to do exactly what we "KNOW" we should do. so SURE of everything.... well our civilization is coming out of this "Teenage" and hopefully we survive the "Binge drinking early twenties when we realize we aren't going to be an astronaut." age (Where we are now) and blossom into a full blown ADULT MATURE civilization.... we gotta survive this pivotal time right now tho thats the scariest thing i worry about. alot of people wanting to hold on to old ways and they will work very hard to make sure we stay in a paradigm that suits them.

moral to this big ole rant like post.... have fun be happy and try to observe as much beauty as possible before you pass on to whatever is next, if you get another shot chances are you won't know about it anyway (I certainly dont have active memories from past lives) so you might as well make the most of the one we got here

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

so because the tibetan book of the dead says it its true? why not what all books say then? maybe the bible and the Quran?

Where did I ever say it was "true?" I said it was a coincidence between the 49 days, did you even read what I wrote?

Pine Cone and Third Eye Symbolism

theres even hints to the pineal gland in both the bible and the Quran but what makes budism so special?

Did I say Buddhism was special? No! I was brining up one specific point I found interesting.

its all just different perspectives on the same topic IMO and NO ONE has any idea what they are talking about.

I'll respectfully disagree with you there.

edit on 15-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: add link

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Where did I ever say it was "true?" I said it was a coincidence between the 49 days, did you even read what I wrote?

Pine Cone and Third Eye Symbolism

Did I say Buddhism was special? No! I was brining up one specific point I found interesting.

its all just different perspectives on the same topic IMO and NO ONE has any idea what they are talking about.

I'll respectfully disagree with you there.

who knows what they are talking about then? if its the buddhist i return to my earlier question, what makes them so special?

do you have any pets? if so ask you cat/dog to describe to you how your dishwasher works. its just not going to happen... now every now and again you might find some special animal that can attempt to try and describe how it works by spinning around in dance and making whooshing noises but he's still not describing you how it works.

IMO all the major religions are just spinning and whooshing noises
and theres so much more to it then we could of ever even imagined.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

And I'll reiterate my previous statement, when and where did I say Buddhists were "special?"

I thought it was an interesting coincidence between the 49 days. You are leaving out half of my statement to fit your argument.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have done sungazing a few years back, did it for months until I could gaze at the sun for 22minutes uninterrupted.
One of the many claims of sungazing was that it "reactivates" the pineal gland. I had time and interest, so why not try...

As with any "cure," be it allopathic or holistic, one has to bear in mind that autosuggestion or placebo effect do play a significant role.

However, results and effects, or the lack thereof, can be noticed in the long term.

Personally, the sungazing practice was beneficial to me - it regulated my sleeping cycle (I slept 6-7 hours of deep sleep, and less with time passing while feeling energized), depression, anxiety, fear of death went away - I was overall a newborn man, all this without need of the multiple psychosomatic drugs i was readily prescribed.

I would feel a vibrating pulsating rhythm inside my brain. Whether it was the pineal gland i cannot say.

My dreams were vivid, otherwordly as dreams are.

My subjective thoughts on this subject are that, we as a species are limited in our perception, meant to be so and controlled not only in this reality, but even in the beyond. We are not meant to know, much, however, we are to experience this existence through the means given, and it is our struggle to strive beyond this prison that makes and denotes our humanity.

People who go lightly into "enlightenment," astral projections and meditation, will have their match met into the neverending rabbit holes out there.

That being said, I am an optimistic dude

Tread lightly and purposefully is all Im saying.

My two cents.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ubei2

And you said it very well. Thank you for your reply.

I've heard about the sun gazing. I've never tried that. Seems like it would cause you to go blind. That's what my mother always told me.

I've also learned that people should have their chakras in balance before beginning any type of deep meditation. If not, they can run into some pretty nasty creatures! It's all a reflection of where they are, spiritually, when beginning.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join