It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people blame the government and/or banks for the economic crisis?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Particularly Americans and English.Shouldn't they be focusing on improving themselves?

Whats interesting is that I never hear (legal) immigants complain about how the government is doing them over. Most of them understand that if they get a good education, work smart/hard and make careful, thought out decisions in life, How can they go wrong.

I understand not all Americans complain and some are in deep poverty but the majority of those who complain have basics: abundant food, water, shelter and resoureces: books, internet, community college, schools. Healthcare....well I suppose that could be an exception, If you never ate the fatty, sugary food.

Is it just human nature? Perhaps abundant wealth always spoils the majority. Rome, Greece, Renaissance Europe and now Modern Day US.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: depleteduranium92
Particularly Americans and English.Shouldn't they be focusing on improving themselves?

Whats interesting is that I never hear (legal) immigants complain about how the government is doing them over. Most of them understand that if they get a good education, work smart/hard and make careful, thought out decisions in life, How can they go wrong.

I understand not all Americans complain and some are in deep poverty but the majority of those who complain have basics: abundant food, water, shelter and resoureces: books, internet, community college, schools. Healthcare....well I suppose that could be an exception, If you never ate the fatty, sugary food.

Is it just human nature? Perhaps abundant wealth always spoils the majority. Rome, Greece, Renaissance Europe and now Modern Day US.

People complain about what they read. But bank fees and very low interest rates 0.010% is real news.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I must first ask a few questions...One, where the hell are you from? Two, are you on planet Earth? Three, do you read the newspapers?

I know this must seem disrespectful, but it's not. I just wonder what rock you've been hiding under? I would also like to know if you could share its location so that I may visit?

One final question...do you feel that where ever you are that the financial grips of the US/UK/China/Rus lack of or betterment of excludes you? I just need to know.

Thanks for the OP

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Well for starters you just outlined what NOT to do in order to succeed in America. So this paragraph already shows you don't in fact understand why most Americans complain, the funny part however is most Americans aren't sure why they are complaining either.

For starters, if you think getting a good education to get a good job is the answer to success you have it backwards. Following that guideline permits you to be a good slave and encourages you to take on more debt than you can handle and when that happens you become encouraged to refinance. I have a friend who made $300,000.00 last year and never got past the 4th grade and is deaf.

The issue here is there are rules for the rich and rules for everyone else. The thing is, people who are not rich (educated or otherwise) can play by rich mans rules they just don't know any better. Everyone follows the advice of the "rich" banker hell bent on taking your hard earned cash by selling you on "credit" and managing of ones debt. People just fail to realize that with just a few smart investments and a few legal protections one can easily become the banker (investor) themselves.

Now all that being said, everything ever taught to Americans about "real world" things are wrong. We are not taught to by assets and avoid liabilities, instead we are told to establish credit to buy MORE liabilities. Just as everything that happens around the world at the behest of America is similarly backwards in truth.. Truth is, people shouldn't bitch about their government....even though I do.

You know the saying, "Don't hate the player, hate the game, because if you knew the game, you'd be a player too.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Why do people blame the government and/or banks for the economic crisis?

Because those are responsible.

It sure wasn't the honest working man who came home after a long day and thought:
"Hey, lets set up a centralized global financial system, expose its banks to the bubble-markets, and then bail them out with the peoples money!"

I know this is a very simplified summary of what happened since '08...
If you REALLY want to KNOW, I'd suggest you study the various posts on the topic in this very forum.

Also, another great source to learn about the underlying system and its flaws is zerohedge.com.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I hate all this "corps are evil banks are evil this and that institution is evil"

THEY ARE RUN BY PEOPLE. blame them.

Its far to convenient to blame "the system", who invented that again? oh whats that it was people? BLAME THEM.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Okay, blame the people. What then? Replace them with new people?

Do you think it is just an unfortunate coincidence when our politicians or bankers turn out to be corruptible?
They didn't just happen to be "evil people"... they are just people - and people. ARE. corruptible.

If we would replace them with new people, put them in the same positions, with the same powers, in the same corruptible environment, we would get the exact same result again, and again, and again.

The only way to deal with this very human problem is to change the system, and take into consideration that people ARE corruptible.
edit on 15-5-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

They know exactly what they are doing.

They know what they are doing and who they are doing to, and they do it anyway. If they wernt such cowards chasing their paychecks they could do somthing but they all choose not to because the PEOPLE are greedy bastards.

Simple fact of the matter.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well the Public are not the ones responsible for the $17 Trillion US debt.

That lies with the the politician bailing out there banker buddy's.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
"It's not my fault" Americas new motto. It started in the hood and is spreading

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
"It's not my fault" Americas new motto. It started in the hood and is spreading

....."Did I do that?"

It's not new and it certainly didn't start in the ghetto. Not taking ownership of ones actions is as old as time itself. Something, something, ego, something, something...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

Erm the economic crisis was the fault of the Government and the banks. The Government deregulated, which had a catastrophic effect, and the investment banks went big on financial products that were profitable under a specific set of criteria. As soon as those products hit the stone wall of reality then things went bad really fast.
Oh and let's not forget good old fashioned greed, especially at the top of Lehman Brothers.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
[...] but they all choose not to because the PEOPLE are greedy bastards.

Yes, that is my point. Egoism is human nature.

You said "its far to convenient to blame the system", although the system clearly encourages corruption.
It was deliberately set up like it is in view of the fact that people are reliably corrupt.

So how to deal with this simple fact of the matter?
We can't just change human nature... so what are we left with?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Its not human nature at all.

Well in a way it is because greedy people too happy with their paychecks stay silent about stuff they know FULL WELL should be illegal because it is immoral and wrong.

But they get paid so year after year them, and their friends.

You can blame a system all you want but its greedy assholes that made it, run it and work for it day after day after day.
edit on b1616643 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Well in a way it is because greedy people too happy with their paychecks stay silent about stuff they know FULL WELL should be illegal because it is immoral and wrong.

Well, changing the legal framework would be changing the system.
It's not enough, but it is a start...

I'm glad we agree after all.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
ummm...
Let's just take one issue that you have raised - the low interest rates that the banks has so kindly offered to us!!
Yes this lets some borrow at a cheaper cost and it is helping keep some people's assets afloat.
But it also harms others! (Everything the gov't does to intervene in the economy will help some at the expense of others!
When it comes to low interest rates well those that have acted responsibly- have avoided borrowing large sums of money and chose to save instead along with the seniors who are relying on their savings to keep them through their golden age are harmed! And well those that would rather have a nice safe savings account to stash their money in find that it doesn't have any return on investment and therefore are encouraged to look at investments with more risk to find the return on their investment. Which helps out wall street!
You know that it probably would have cost us less money just to pay off everyone's mortgage and we'd have a much healthier economy now if they did this than what they did do which was just to give more money to the banks and bail them out and leave the people to fend for themselves? Ya I know we the people need to be taught the good morality of paying back the money we borrow right?? Well considering that the banks are bringing back the same loan arrangements the arms and the no money down loan arrangements I really don't believe it's we the people who needed a lesson in morality!!!
And how do we improve ourselves??? By taking out massive gov't backed loans and going to college for a degree in worthlessness??? By obtaining the one debt that there is no legal way to get out of??
I can see why the banks would want us all massively in debt to them but why does the gov't??

abundant food, water, shelter and resoureces: books, internet, community college, schools. Healthcare....well I suppose that could be an exception, If you never ate the fatty, sugary food. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

My family has had to go into debt just to have the food and a roof over our head!!
So tell me!!! Why would the gov't want us into debt up to our necks or on the gov't welfare programs?? Because they have done nothing to help we the people and everyting to divert that money into the hands of the big corps and the rich!!! And remember!! Dependency=Servitude!!!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

Since you clearly don't understand anything about the subject maybe you should do some research into modern banking and not ask lazy questions without having done your homework first.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is what I wrote in another thread called "And the most radioactive site in New York City award is...an auto repair shop??"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is my answer to that question, I have repeated in a number of threads

It's just like the government to cause a problem, deny responsibility and then put a band-aid on it (the cheapest one they can find). They encouraged the toxic businesses, issued them a license and the permits, then if they happen to accidentally notice they are illegally polluting, they looked the other way or charged the polluters some minimum fines until they were sold, merged or went out of business.

Then, after 20 or 30 years go by they act like they were totally unaware of what toxins were dumped and who was responsible. Of course ultimately the government was responsible in the first place or the businesses would have been polluting some place else. If there is a problem in the states, you can trace the blame back to government in most cases.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I just have to ask....
How old are you guys answering questions on this thread?
How long have you been around to watch history repeat itself OVER and OVER.
I am one of them nasty, steal all your money bankers.
Been working at banks for over 25 years.
There's a lot of things the general public does not know about private banking.
And as an employee, I have to sign privacy contracts...almost like the government.
I will say this. I don't know of any "Big Chain" banks that are actually owned by Americans.
Oh sure, it might still have the same name AFTER it merged with 3 others...
Mergers are your enemies. It basically means that one if not all parties involved
are/have gone under and are joining another institution to keep from bankruptcy.

Were ANY of you around for the Clinton era?
Does any of you remember Alan Greenspan?
The mortgage crisis? All orchestrated to one hell of a symphony.
Well I was working at the banks getting all those armored vehicles FULL of WORTHLESS
printed monies that Clinton ordered to be printed and put out into circulation.
I was there when thousands lost their retirement due to 9/11.
Went through the Anthrax scare.

One thing is for certain.
There are a few select people on this planet who really control those banks.
And i got news for ya.....it's NOT Americans.

What is happening now to economies GLOBALLY (not just us English folk)
was set into motion 15-20 years ago. And if you weren't around to witness it, you probably don't have a clue what I am talking about. And you probably think that I don't have a clue what I am talking about.
But I assure you...I do.
I've been working at banks for a long time...
Where do you think my money is?
Think I keep it in the bank???????????????????????

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunpowdernlead
I just have to ask....
How old are you guys answering questions on this thread?
How long have you been around to watch history repeat itself OVER and OVER.
I am one of them nasty, steal all your money bankers.
Been working at banks for over 25 years.
There's a lot of things the general public does not know about private banking.
And as an employee, I have to sign privacy contracts...almost like the government.
I will say this. I don't know of any "Big Chain" banks that are actually owned by Americans.
Oh sure, it might still have the same name AFTER it merged with 3 others...
Mergers are your enemies. It basically means that one if not all parties involved
are/have gone under and are joining another institution to keep from bankruptcy.

Were ANY of you around for the Clinton era?
Does any of you remember Alan Greenspan?
The mortgage crisis? All orchestrated to one hell of a symphony.
Well I was working at the banks getting all those armored vehicles FULL of WORTHLESS
printed monies that Clinton ordered to be printed and put out into circulation.
I was there when thousands lost their retirement due to 9/11.
Went through the Anthrax scare.

One thing is for certain.
There are a few select people on this planet who really control those banks.
And i got news for ya.....it's NOT Americans.

What is happening now to economies GLOBALLY (not just us English folk)
was set into motion 15-20 years ago. And if you weren't around to witness it, you probably don't have a clue what I am talking about. And you probably think that I don't have a clue what I am talking about.
But I assure you...I do.
I've been working at banks for a long time...
Where do you think my money is?
Think I keep it in the bank???????????????????????

I don't think you keep a large amount in the bank, but my guess is that a large amount of the money you make, makes it to your bank and you then take it out and buy income property. Am I right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join