It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens to annihilate US economy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The "oil" is a temporary commodity as we all know. The country whose currency we deal the commodity of the day with is the winner. All of this talk about the U.S. invading Iraq for oil is silly. We invaded to take out Saddam and his ambitions to change the OPEC trading currency to the euro.
Look deeper...

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Fry2]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
The "oil" is a temporary commodity as we all know. The country whose currency we deal the commodity of the day with is the winner. All of this talk about the U.S. invading Iraq for oil is silly. We invaded to take out Saddam and his ambitions to change the OPEC trading currency to the euro.
Look deeper...

liberate IRAQ and get rid of saddam thats a joke a big one

main reason: imaginary WMDS ( what WMDs )

look at the news and look at the value of the $$$
everything points to OIL

[edit on 29-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
When it comes to countries need and love of oil the country with the biggest guns wins.

America gets squeezed, US does the unthinkable. Attacks Iran and siezes its oilfields.

What we have here is the pathological worship of RAW power. You are an ennemy of the people!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

liberate IRAQ thats a joke a big one

The only "liberation" I alluded to was Iraq of Saddam.

main reason: imaginary WMDS

Maybe you should say "Main stated reason.
I never believed most of the hype. Did you?

look at the news and look at the value of the $$$
everything points to OIL

I am looking...and paying.
My energy bills have done nothing but go up since this started. The dollar has done nothing but go down. The stock market ate 60% of my retirement fund when the net bubble burst.
I really want to hear how I am subjugating a true follower of Islam.
I didn't vote for any of these people. I also don't beleive in or support any religious group.
Why am I an Infadel?
Why should I die?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Fry2 hit the nail on the head.

This has nothing to do with switching off the oil supply. This has to do with switching the currency that is used to purchase oil.

Saddam upset U'S because he started selling oil for euro's. You can bet your bottom dollar that topic is going to be seriously looked at in the next opec meeting.

Open your eyes. Look at the big picture. Countries like Russia, China and Japan are sick of proping up the value of U'S dollar by investment. Now they seem to be buying into the Euro and just look at how much the greenbacks value has dropped.

The U'S is being squeezed from all angles now. Hold on to your hats because it's going to be a wild ride.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Anyone have any unmarked gold I can buy

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
When oil prices reach a given level, oil exploration and drilling in the US will resume. We may pay more at the pump, but the domestic oil industry will pump billions of dollars into the economy, instead of sending all that money to abroad, whomever she is.

[edit on 04/11/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, Iran doesn't control OPEC. They can cut their production if they want, it just means less revenues for them. The US sources most of it's imports from Canada and Mexico anyway, less than 1/5 of imports come from the gulf, and that is almost entirely from SA.

Saudis to soothe oil fears with 37% production boost

In comments seen as calming fears over a repeat of an oil-recession, Ali al-Naimi unveiled plans to increase Saudi production capacity by as much as 37 per cent. He played down concern that Opec, the producers' cartel that is dominated by the Saudi Arabians, would cut production next month, saying the oil market was "in balance".

He declined to reveal what Opec would do at its meeting on 10 December. Countries such as Iran have been pushing for a cut in output quotas. But Mr Naimi said: "The market today is in balance. I think supply is a little bit ahead of demand, and inventories are building comfortably."

Mr Naimi said Saudi Arabia had drawn up plans to increase productive capacity from 11 million barrels a day to 12.5 million. "This demonstrates our desire ... to maintain a reasonable spare capacity of no less than 1.5 million barrels," he told the audience of economists, politicians and journalists. His comments came as oil prices rose sharply after a gas leak at a Norwegian North Sea oil platform disrupted production. London Brent crude jumped more than $1 to $45.75.

news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Well, Iran doesn't control OPEC. They can cut their production if they want, it just means less revenues for them. The US sources most of it's imports from Canada and Mexico anyway, less than 1/5 of imports come from the gulf, and that is almost entirely from SA.

They have China to sell too.

Deep

Sep

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sorry for my ignorance but I just read the article and can some one please point out where the Iranians threaten the US? I think I might have missed that part. From what I undrestood it said "Iranian crude was effectively trading at $18 beneath benchmark U.S. crude's $49 a barrel." and this is the reason why they want to sell less. I dont see how this is a threat to the US.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by Nygdan

Start with Saudi and each and every Muslim nation should be exterminated. Neutron Bombs would be best. Leave the oil production for us to use.

You are a disgusting stupid pig.

Threads on this site rant about wanting the death of an american president almost daily. The days of "go along and get along" are gone. This is a WAR of survival of the species. Us or THEM.....period. The sooner you learn this the better your chances of survival. Muslims worship SATAN. They may not know it, but they do. Allah is SATAN. Allah was a "moon" god in mohamed's day. Good vs EVIL. Iran is EVIL

[edit on 29-11-2004 by DrHoracid]

Allah is the god Abraham showed worship to, which in turn is the same god you worship, just becouse they use the moon as a symbol does not meen its false. By you even saying such things makes you a heretic in your own religon.

Allah is also a word that is more "pure" than the word god, unlike god Allah can not made to have a gender, plural, or have anything before it (like Demi-god).

I suggest you use something called a brain (yes you might have one) before typing such non-sense, and it even says in your book not to kill, to love thy neighbour, and not to prosecute people for their religouse belife becouse when they die the truth will be presented to them and is they wish to deny it they will be sent to hell.

I also think you should research a little bit of satan, due to the fact that satan is not an actual Entity of sorts, you see Lucifer (satans name) is not a Hebrew name (the context of the original bible), the real name was one of a king (forget from where) who was a pedophile,rapist ect. This being said it almost makes the point that the devil is in all of us (if we let it be) and to be strong enough not to turn out that way.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
The only "liberation" I alluded to was Iraq of Saddam.

and good job the US has done of it

main reason: imaginary WMDS

Maybe you should say "Main stated reason.
I never believed most of the hype. Did you?

thats why i stated it the war was started on false pretences

I am looking...and paying.
My energy bills have done nothing but go up since this started. The dollar has done nothing but go down. The stock market ate 60% of my retirement fund when the net bubble burst.
I really want to hear how I am subjugating a true follower of Islam.
I didn't vote for any of these people. I also don't beleive in or support any religious group.
Why am I an Infadel?
Why should I die?

that has nothing to do with what i said
unless people in america decide if they should live or die acording to the value of the $$$

all i stated was that the value of the dolor is in decline

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Keep it comming Iran, Enrich that uranium, cut the production of that oil, I got a feeling the next OPEC meetng the iranians attend will be thier last, if they even have that long,

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Keep it comming Iran, Enrich that uranium, cut the production of that oil, I got a feeling the next OPEC meetng the iranians attend will be thier last, if they even have that long,

easy comical ali wannabee
im sure if the iranians read this they will be shaking in their booties

these i am so hard and i will destroy your country lines are just a joke
( i feel sorry for the people that fought for americas independence seeing what its turning into)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
..by introducing a second (cloned) Bush... borrow, borrow borrow...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Start with Saudi and each and every Muslim nation should be exterminated. Neutron Bombs would be best. Leave the oil production for us to use.

You are a disgusting stupid pig.

US has a chance to take out good old GWB

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join