It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force prepares to dismantle HAARP ahead of summer shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

your bias is clearly showing, as is your ignorance, a ten second google search would have shown you that there are multiple HAARP facilities around the world, yet you thought the one in alaska was all there was, clearly you know very little about this program,

there are multiple ionospheric heaters around the world - there is only 1 HAARP

OBVIOUSLY HAARP is just an abbreviation to refer to a program, it is not a defining term for a structure, "ionospheric heaters" isn't as catchy and clearly people have already decided to just term all "ionospheric heaters" as HAARP facilities, all this is CLEAR already so why nit pick the details of titles when the claimed purpose and function is the same.

oh thats right, because its something you CAN nit pick, no matter how meaningless such a detail is. whatever it takes right?

hell even public relations for HAARP agrees with this and also refers to the other facilities as being HAARP facilities,

"While we feel that HAARP is a unique facility, its not the only one like it in the world, HAARP has some capabilities that we feel are better then the others, you can change the frequencies you can shift the beam to move it from one part of the ionosphere to the other and it has quite a bit more power then some of the other facilities throughout the world that are doing the same kinds of research."

- Rich Garcia, Driector of Public Relations for HAARP see him say it here at 5:18 www.youtube.com...=318

edit on 5/17/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: add video

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: luxordelphi
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

If the air force is bowing out, I guess that leaves the navy fully in charge without further shared power. (I don't know who runs Arecibo.) The HAARP concept was supposed to go mobile (on the sea) but there's no internet rumor I can find on that. Interesting what the one poster mentioned about satellite launches with unknown functions. That, imo, would definitely fall under the navy as well.

In or around 2005, HAARP commissioned a study on noise in preparation for the construction/installment of 5 or so additional diesel engines. Because the facility was never 24/7 but largely intermittent, the added noise, on paper, was kind of spread out over a 24/7 time frame which seemed to make it acceptable. It's unclear whether "emissions" refer to particles or decibels. Construction was completed in 2007 or 2008 so it's unclear why standards are currently not met.

Even for a remote area like this the noise and fireworks were probably like some kind of Frankenstein arrangement and maybe finally just got too much attention.

What is (and imminently "was") HAARP?

One of the advantages of this powerful instrument is that those 180 antennas, which act together as one giant antenna or satellite dish, can be electronically (rather than manually) steered. This gets physicists like Fallen excited. He tells me: “So the beam can be focused in different directions very very quickly! And the beam can also be shaped differently. There’s all sorts of very creative experiment modes that stress the transmitter and cause pieces to burst into flames and arch and do other expensive damage to the machine.”

Read more here: www.adn.com...=cpy

So now do we wait for an announcement from the navy that they too are pulling out?

Nice one...you beat me to the 'go mobile' bit, exactly my thoughts
I'd say the USS Ponce, (what a name) will be the little tickling stick, until a boat that can output all the energy needed is built..and they are working on that. Who knows, maybe the upper atmosphere will cleaner.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Nice one...you beat me to the 'go mobile' bit, exactly my thoughts
I'd say the USS Ponce, (what a name) will be the little tickling stick, until a boat that can output all the energy needed is built..and they are working on that.
Power is a problem but a single nuke plant would work fine. The big problem is you need a phased array with a certain baseline in order to get the results. One ship ain't gonna do it, there's a reason there were 180 transmitters spread over 30 acres with HAARP.

It's unclear whether "emissions" refer to particles or decibels. Construction was completed in 2007 or 2008 so it's unclear why standards are currently not met.
"Emissions" refers to exhaust from the generators. HAARP was operating under an EPA air quality permit issued in 2007 and another which will expire in August this year. Apparently the generators are not able to maintain the standards specified by the permits.
dec.alaska.gov...
dec.alaska.gov...

edit on 5/17/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/17/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

OBVIOUSLY HAARP is just an abbreviation to refer to a program, it is not a defining term for a structure, "ionospheric heaters" isn't as catchy and clearly people have already decided to just term all "ionospheric heaters" as HAARP facilities, all this is CLEAR already so why nit pick the details of titles when the claimed purpose and function is the same.

oh thats right, because its something you CAN nit pick, no matter how meaningless such a detail is. whatever it takes right?

Don't blame me because you don't know the details of what you are talking about.

If you wee going to have some real knowledge you wouldn't believe this fairy tale conspiracy in the first place - so really what it was was you providing me with an opportunity to demonstrate your ignorance.

Thanks for another one

edit on Tue May 27 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Power is a problem but a single nuke plant would work fine. The big problem is you need a phased array with a certain baseline in order to get the results. One ship ain't gonna do it, there's a reason there were 180 transmitters spread over 30 acres with HAARP.

That's correct, maybe two or three, and that the goal is somewhat changed.
I never mentioned emissions BTW, not even interested here in this thread.
edit on 17-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

That's correct, maybe two or three, and that the goal is somewhat changed.
Two or three to accomplish what? You don't get a lot of phase interference with two or three transmitters.
www.radartutorial.eu...

It was included in your quote. Seemed a good opportunity to point out that a required generator upgrade was a reason for the shutdown of HAARP.

edit on 5/18/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm feeling a little nostalgic.... I did a lot of flying in AK for the Air Force as I watched it being built. I also read a couple of pre-operational books during that time too. Almost 25 years later and we are still here even after what everyone predicted...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Yeah...Ponce is looking big enough and fierce enough to be a contender. I think that back when the HAARP project ran into all the trouble involved with putting up a receiver in the middle of an inhospitable ocean just because it happened to be the conjugate point for Gakona, they decided that mobility was essential.

As far as the upper atmosphere being cleaner: the HAARP project was an attempt to divert radiation particles from the Van Allen's and get them traveling the magnetic field lines. So, yeah, maybe cleaner in the Van Allen's but not sure where that radiation went. Need to know.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: luxordelphi

As far as the upper atmosphere being cleaner: the HAARP project was an attempt to divert radiation particles from the Van Allen's and get them traveling the magnetic field lines. So, yeah, maybe cleaner in the Van Allen's but not sure where that radiation went. Need to know.

Why all you will do is distort the info to fit what you think HAARP can do.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

Don't blame me because you don't know the details of what you are talking about.

If you wee going to have some real knowledge you wouldn't believe this fairy tale conspiracy in the first place - so really what it was was you providing me with an opportunity to demonstrate your ignorance.

Thanks for another one

who said i believed any of it? you assumed that, your polarized mind is automatically lumping people into one side or the other, you cant even conceive the possibility that some people might just be on the fence,

re read my posts, nowhere did i state 'belief' for or against the theory. my posts to this matter in this thread have had only one point, the HAARP facility is not the only one of its kind, your only replies to me have been presumptions to beliefs i have not stated, and have argued over mere semantics of the details i have stated.

your bias is showing AGAIN, Thanks for another one.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: luxordelphi

Yeah...Ponce is looking big enough and fierce enough to be a contender. I think that back when the HAARP project ran into all the trouble involved with putting up a receiver in the middle of an inhospitable ocean just because it happened to be the conjugate point for Gakona, they decided that mobility was essential.

I don't think Ponce is big enough, its LASAR can only down drones and there's likely a limit to how much you could power up that ship for military use.
What I'm thinking is that there a moratorium on HAARP for the time being, or that the thinking is the same goal/s can be achieved with more efficient LASARS in teams, or HAARP and LASAR teams working together. What those goals still are, I don't know. There does seem to be a big panic on trapped Methane high in the atmosphere, thought to be the cause of Noctilucent clouds, trouble is though, there is no proper means of measuring the amount of Methane up there before anyone goes hokey pokeying with LASARS in an attempt to neutralise the Methane. Merlin, a French-German high altitude Methane detecting satellite I thought was to be launched this year, but that now seems to be 2017. Whatever, HAARP and LASARS can heal or hurt, and there will be more than one use for them.

If you can get the link below to work, or take a line off it, this is one of the uses that will be implemented.

http: //arctic-news.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/radio-and-laser-frequency-and-harmonic-test-ranges-for-the-lucy-and-haarp-experiments-and-their-application-to-at mospheric-methane-destruction.html

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If you can get the link below to work, or take a line off it, this is one of the uses that will be implemented.
No it isn't. That is a blog post from a nutty person, Malcolm Light. There is no Project Lucy except in his mind.

And it's laser, not lasar.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It was included in your quote. Seemed a good opportunity to point out that a required generator upgrade was a reason for the shutdown of HAARP.

It was one reason, so fair enough. Since it is shutdown, and there is nobody on site, what will they do with it after DARPA ends their stint? The Air Force stated reclamation, yet and all, another contractor seems to be taking over whatever's left.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Probably dismantle it and sell stuff like they did with HIPAS.
articles.ktuu.com...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

No it isn't. That is a blog post from a nutty person, Malcolm Light. There is no Project Lucy except in his mind.

And it's laser, not lasar.

Don't worry about my spelling, you don't see that often so calm down dear,
no need to get ratty.

I'll check out Malcolm myself thanks, you have a naughty habit of calling people in the picture nutty...I like nutty people.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Strange - so many comments to this topic but no one asking a single questions on the most important sentence of this news:

...We're moving on to other ways of managing the ionosphere, which the HAARP was really designed to do,...

First of all HAARP scientist always stated that they never control the ionosphere with HAARP they just wanted to examine it. And secondly what other ways do they refer to?
I don't know any other possibility of manipulating the ionosphere (don't come with chemtrails, they are in the stratosphere and mainstream science totally ignore and defend their position that stratosphere has no connection with the ionosphere)

I am not sure if David Walker was really aware about his statement. It is totally in contradiction to the "official" version of HAARP - at least I thought so.

<< 1  2   >>

join