It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force prepares to dismantle HAARP ahead of summer shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The U.S. Air Force gave official notice to Congress Wednesday that it intends to dismantle the $300 million High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program in Gakona this summer.

The shutdown of HAARP, a project created by the late Sen. Ted Stevens when he wielded great control over the U.S. defense budget, will start after a final research experiment takes place in mid-June, the Air Force said in a letter to Congress Tuesday.

The University of Alaska has expressed interest in taking over the research site, which is off the Tok Cutoff in an area where black spruce was cleared a quarter-century ago for the Air Force backscatter radar project that was never completed. But the school has not volunteered to pay $5 million a year to run HAARP

Air Force prepares to dismantle HAARP ahead of summer shutdown

OH_MY_GOD - what will people be able to blame for earthquakes now??

Poor ol' HAARP - all it ever wanted to do was generate a bit of excitement in the ionosphere to help make military communications a bit more reliable.....then it got a bunch of bad rap from Begich and his diploma-mill-doctorate leading to it being blamed for everything from chemtrails to Fukushima and Christchurch!

You will be missed!

But I for one will eagerly embrace our new conspiracy central....whatever it may be!

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
How do you know they aren't just lying that they're tearing HAARP, and really are setting up for something big so that they can't be blamed anymore?

+27 more 
posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

edit on 5/15/2014 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

OH_MY_GOD - what will people be able to blame for earthquakes now??

Chemtrails!

No, the Pope!

Um… bigfoot?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Can always blame me.....
A guys gotta feel important somehow..

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

So it goes from Defense budget to Black budget......

I'm gonna miss the HAARP headlines.....I wonder if the HAARP frequency might still be picked up after its 'dismantling'.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
And I won the Spanish lottery.......nope! Lol...
Glad you brought it up though.

Silly u.s. gov....

Tricks are for us people.....research resumes! Effing my gov!
edit on 15-5-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

So it goes from Defense budget to Black budget......

I'm gonna miss the HAARP headlines.....I wonder if the HAARP frequency might still be picked up after its 'dismantling'.

And let us not forget, they have had dozens of years to perfect this system, increase its power output and decrease its physical size/footprint. Who's to say HAARP is not space-based now, there have been some pretty secret satellites going into orbit. It is an atmospheric experiment/manipulator and it would be much easier to direct energy from space to the atmosphere with little to no signal attenuation.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

It may be heard and seen being "dismantled", but as most military project goes...

The land will still be owned by the USAF, and regardless of how empty the area may be, nobody will be allowed access to the facility there or not because of the military security force.

I only say that because many, many years ago in Point McKenzie, AK where the missile silos or underground bunkers are, when left behind and in high school us Jrs and Seniors would throw keggers out there and pull our trucks into the underground access doors which where 16'-20' tall and around 8" thick to improve the loudness of our stereos. Lots of kids got sick from the abestos there, I remember some military clean up crews did return here and there to clean it up, but who the hell really knows.

One year a few of us took our trucks back down the unmaintained dirt roads only to have be scared out of our minds to see helicopters, jeeps, SUVs, big rigs, military personal, and soldiers armed to the teeth. We all agreed to get the F out as quickly as we could. They watched us very closely, and had a SUV follow us back till the Knik bar about 12-14 miles away.. This was when there wasn't much but a few houses in the areas. Now there's hundreds of homes and subdivisions there, a jail, etc.

First and last time I had a very disturbing encounter with a small division of JBER's military in a area that was "supposedly dismantled and deserted."

But to anyone that in the next year or too that wants to go see for yourself around HAARP, let me know how that goes.

Just wanted to share my experience.
edit on 15-5-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Dozens of years? Work only began in 1993 and it wasn't fully complete until this century, with the latest array only completed in 2007.

Also, it can't be made "smaller" - it is the size it is because that is the size it needs to be due to physical constraints - the size and layout of the array is what enables it to do what it is designed to do.

Just more nonsense about HAARP, so I'll be glad when they turn it off as the loons will have to find something else to base their crackpot theories on.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

No, the next earthquake will be proof HAARP is still around.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

If the air force is bowing out, I guess that leaves the navy fully in charge without further shared power. (I don't know who runs Arecibo.) The HAARP concept was supposed to go mobile (on the sea) but there's no internet rumor I can find on that. Interesting what the one poster mentioned about satellite launches with unknown functions. That, imo, would definitely fall under the navy as well.

In or around 2005, HAARP commissioned a study on noise in preparation for the construction/installment of 5 or so additional diesel engines. Because the facility was never 24/7 but largely intermittent, the added noise, on paper, was kind of spread out over a 24/7 time frame which seemed to make it acceptable. It's unclear whether "emissions" refer to particles or decibels. Construction was completed in 2007 or 2008 so it's unclear why standards are currently not met.

Even for a remote area like this the noise and fireworks were probably like some kind of Frankenstein arrangement and maybe finally just got too much attention.

What is (and imminently "was") HAARP?

One of the advantages of this powerful instrument is that those 180 antennas, which act together as one giant antenna or satellite dish, can be electronically (rather than manually) steered. This gets physicists like Fallen excited. He tells me: “So the beam can be focused in different directions very very quickly! And the beam can also be shaped differently. There’s all sorts of very creative experiment modes that stress the transmitter and cause pieces to burst into flames and arch and do other expensive damage to the machine.”

Read more here: www.adn.com...=cpy

So now do we wait for an announcement from the navy that they too are pulling out?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Dozens of years? Work only began in 1993 and it wasn't fully complete until this century, with the latest array only completed in 2007.

Also, it can't be made "smaller" - it is the size it is because that is the size it needs to be due to physical constraints - the size and layout of the array is what enables it to do what it is designed to do.

Just more nonsense about HAARP, so I'll be glad when they turn it off as the loons will have to find something else to base their crackpot theories on.

Patents were issued in 1986 I believe and the idea was tossed around since the 70's (for the military), so I stand by my dozens of years unless 28+ years (at minimum) is less than dozens? Do you think there was no prototyping going on before major construction, in order to at least work out some of the problems?

You do realize that you can operate at 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, etc. wavelengths, target "objectives" of resonance and you can use modulated duty cycles to produce increases in power transference?

What kind of electronics and/or physics background do you have (mine is pretty solid)? People who don't have answers tend to mix facts and then attack people personally, play the ball, not the player ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Whenever you point your finger at someone else, you point three fingers back at yourself.

Just sayin'

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I call hooey, they will simply move it somewhere else and fiddle the books to so some aerial sales.

I bet they just want that media and internet monkey off their back.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This is exactly what "they" want you to think. So that when project bluebeam is finally initiated you can claim, no way it's fake, they dismantled HAARP.

Also, this is just one of these facilities of many around the planet. If you thought the idea of one of these was bad, perhaps you should check this map out:

HAARP Facilities

(post by pryingopen3rdeye removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki
Thanks for the excellent link!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If they are dismantling the HAARP in Alaska why would the Air Force want the University of Alaska to pay 5 million a year to run a dismantled facility?
Are they going to lease it or sell it to another country?
Doesn't Russia and China have their own version of HAARP?
If it doesn't work on weather or earthquakes why have so many?
Wouldn't heating the ionosphere also contribute to heating the planet?
Sorry but I think its just another deception, not that the government would ever lie, would they.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join