It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a demon get baptized?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So, there is that thread about how the Pope (cool guy btw, no hate here) suggested he would baptize an alien if it came and asked.

Seems a no brainer really...sure...different culture or people requesting to be included in some strange religion..fine, if that's your choice, and who knows...if its true, then voila..first alien to go into human heaven when ya die.

Started thinking though, what if a proper demon popped into this dimension and requested the same. A horned leather winged demon. satans minion...say he escaped hell for a second and got to the church, requesting to be baptized.

Is baptism open for all, to include the condemned?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Incidentally, not asking if it would or anything (don't want nerdspeak about how demons would never feel compelled, etc...if the whole story of satans creation is to be understood, they seem to have every bit as much of free will as humans do, so it could happen given the mythos)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Actually I never jump into religious threads...but I think this is a good question!.

Why not! If religion...er hemm...suggest god and Jesus are forgiving...then sure....

They can be Baptized to Christian, Mormon, or the church of Satan... and many more....
But if you are driving at a western Christian sect...then yes...giving forgiveness...this should be allowed...or it may be deemed racist!

Gonna hang for this one...
I wanna see the answers...
But when Destinyone shows up...her answer will probably be it.....

Good luck on this thread!

edit on 14-5-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Started thinking though, what if a proper demon popped into this dimension and requested the same.

They won't. The church is a lark. They claim to have power over demons but I bet they are all still here as they have been for millennia, unchanged.

The only thing that satisfies them is their lust for power and vengeance towards god, which they continue to take out on his creations.

Woe to the denizens of earth for the devils time is short and he knows it.

Some quote or other. I don't mean it the way the church does either.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Some people believe aliens are demons, regardless I don't see why not. In theory you can sin all your life, repent in his name and get baptized. All is then forgiven.

Do demons have souls to be baptized for?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Can you imagine the waves that would create in the Catholic Church?! It's a legitimate question though as it runs along the same lines of what the Pope implied.

Unless of course he was talking about alien immigrants.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Some people believe aliens are demons, regardless I don't see why not. In theory you can sin all your life, repent in his name and get baptized. All is then forgiven.

Do demons have souls to be baptized for?

That's my point....let's go back to 2012....some of you remember...the rest did not exist yet...

I kinda actually freaked a bit...I sat here on ATS and ( drab ) coast to coast ......
But it was mentioned that night...there were so many demons left in the under world to escape....( finite number ). But they were there....some changed and defending humans....the reason it was mentioned...was because forgiving anything out played god himself! It seemed to be the GRAND LAW!

Drink the poison and you'll be free!

Lie and hobo! Never expected you here...you're input means a lot!

Hobo....he challenged my speech one night some time ago...in fact he called me a name....but reading through ....... it was warranted...... I will take a stand on that.

Theliewelive.....never called me out....but coached me through my thoughts.......

I owe my critical thinking to you both.....now

Let's get cracking!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In my opinion, demons have been getting baptized for years. hell, i think that there are demons running a bunch of the circuss's, err i mean churches. If they are running the churches, i don't see why they wouldn't get baptized, it helps complete the facade of legitimacy. When i had a tv i would hear them all the time on there begging for money, cause they ' just gotta have that new addition to the foyer, gymnasium, parking lot, etc. They are giving us our news, running our countries, our economies, even down to your local PTA...demons everywhere.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the Bible, fallen angels were cast out of heaven becoming demons trapped between Earth and Heaven. I researched the "aliens are demons" theory for a while and it is really interesting. What is compelling me to respond is a juxtaposition Op provided. Because if the bible is true, then the Pope knows they are not demons because they would never agree to baptism (this assumes the pope is legitimate in his beliefs). Is Pope saying aliens aren't Demons? I'm so confused.

edit on 14-5-2014 by raedar because: Typoer

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Repentance is between you and God, not man. It doesn't matter how many people you baptize in the name of a God, it remains but a shallow symbol of faith. That being said, any baptism, alien or not, is a fallacy because we do not hold that authority.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

You are so right. I'm so glad you said that. I always want to believe the best in people and it us not always deserved. It's a huge reason for the state of things. It's like we are trained to nativity.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the Bible, fallen angels were cast out of heaven becoming demons trapped between Earth and Heaven. I researched the "aliens are demons" theory for a while and it is really interesting. What is compelling me to respond is a juxtaposition Op provided. Because if the bible is true, then the Pope knows they are not demons because they would never agree to baptism (this assumes the pope is legitimate in his beliefs). Is Pope saying aliens aren't Demons? I'm so confused.

So you watched jay and silent bob...?

If someone ask please forgive me.........would you?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

a reply to: occrest

You are so right. I'm so glad you said that. I always want to believe the best in people and it us not always deserved. It's a huge reason for the state of things. It's like we are trained to nativity.

And I give you a star....( you a good kid )

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
So, there is that thread about how the Pope (cool guy btw, no hate here) suggested he would baptize an alien if it came and asked.

Seems a no brainer really...sure...different culture or people requesting to be included in some strange religion..fine, if that's your choice, and who knows...if its true, then voila..first alien to go into human heaven when ya die.

Started thinking though, what if a proper demon popped into this dimension and requested the same. A horned leather winged demon. satans minion...say he escaped hell for a second and got to the church, requesting to be baptized.

Is baptism open for all, to include the condemned?

Demons are already in the position where the people will be who, in the end, have not been born again. They have permanently willfully denied the Father and His Son, and the Holy Spirit; and they have pushed aside the Father's laws. Demons will never want to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. They had their chance already to reverence Him for all eternity while they were still in Heaven, before Lucifer deceived them into following him.

The pope claiming that he would baptize an E.T. is not Biblical. Satan and his angels were cast to this world only, therefore only the inhabitants of this world have been exposed to sin. Baptism for us is part of accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. The inhabitants of other worlds are sinless, and live in accordance with the Laws of God, just like this world would have done, had Adam and Eve not committed the first human sin. They worship God and His Son the way we were meant to, which means they do not need to be saved. They already live in the same type of paradise we will live in when we are resurrected in our immortal bodies, and have access to the tree of life.

When Jesus was baptized, He obviously did not do it because He was a sinner. We are to follow His example, except we are to do it in His honor, and in honor of accepting Him as our Lord and Savior. Just like when He washed the disciples' feet and gave them the bread and wine to eat and drink in remembrance of Him. He performed those specific acts Himself, and we are to do those same acts, except do it in honor of Him, and as an outspoken symbol that we accept Him and what He did for us on the cross.
edit on 15-5-2014 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jeramie

( breathing out gently through my nose ).

That was comforting and a lot to think about...
I do not know you ...but you made me think about that......

Good going y'all ....keep inspiring!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jeramie

Bleep ...bleep ..a dooop adoop....

Brian wash complete.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Actually, the answer to your question may surprise and shock you.

In a way, in a way demons are baptised during exorcism. Holy water is sprinkled in them and they don't like it much at all.

A demon however is not flesh and blood, it's an unclean spirit that infests a human body. The idea is to drive them out and send them back to where they came from to save the human it is tormenting.

All of that said, should a demon legitimately become flesh and blood without posessing another human and it sought salvation through baptism, I really don't think there would be grounds to refuse it the same chance we have. It's God above who makes the final call on judgement day after all.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Baptism is for those in the flesh and blood.
Demons are pure spirit. So no baptism for them.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeramie
The pope claiming that he would baptize an E.T. is not Biblical.

Nope. It fits perfectly into Jesus telling everyone to evangelize to 'all nations'. ET comes from a nation just like any other. The ET nation is off world. Just like North America is 'off continent' from the Middle East. Same/same.

Satan and his angels were cast to this world only, therefore only the inhabitants of this world have been exposed to sin.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.

The inhabitants of other worlds are sinless, and live in accordance with the Laws of God,

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.
Only God is perfect. Flesh and blood creatures are not.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Is Pope saying aliens aren't Demons?

Aliens are flesh and blood organic creatures.
Demons are pure spirit.
They are not the same species.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join