It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

without ignorance, focus would be impossible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
just saying, subject says it all.
any comments on the subject, agree or not, are welcome.

all i'm trying to get across is that the mind can only be burdened with so much information, and that the term "ignorance" shouldn't always necessarily be looked at with negative connotation.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jarring

i gotta be the most focused guy in the world then.

s n f 4 u.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

i personally have a hard time focusing..
but i think it's just because of i have a lot of mental noise.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

without ignorance, focus would be impossible

I fixed your title:

without ignorance, Religion would be impossible

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Teach yourself to play an instrument. After a while when you get going you can put yourself into trance like states that will calm down all the noise and fill it with beautiful sound flowing from out the tips of your fingers siphoning creation from the whole of your soul.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

i was just funnin' with yor title. if ignorance is focus, then i'm pretty focused, lol.

but, yeah i too have a lot of mental noise, can't shut the brain down sometimes for some reason, especially when it's time for bed. very aggravating.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LizardSlicks

I played saxophone for a year.. i mean, i can focus on some things.. it's just hard for me to focus on particular things at times.. like it's hard for me to keep my attention on a book...or even small snippets sometimes.. i'll have to reread stuff several times...all the time.

i was the best in my music class, i just didn't stick with it. i guess sax just wasn't my jam. I love violin though...now anyways.

a reply to: thishereguy

i know.

for some reason i reply to jokes seriously all the time. maybe i think it's funny.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
While ignorance might be a good thing to have to focus, i also think that devotion and priority plays a bigger role on focus. If you are worried about other stuff or think about it, it means that the subject that you're trying to focus on doesnt have your full attention

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: phytas

while i agree, even with devotion and priority, it can still be hard for me to focus.

new topics

top topics

join