It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Avatar Maker..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hey All,

So for my first application using C#, took a few days to make, I decided to make an ATS Avatar Maker.

At the moment it generates 200x500 pixel minibackground image.

The process is:

1) Load background image, exactly or larger than 200x500. Smaller and it will show grey areas.
2) Load overlay image - places a logo over the top.
3) Adjust horizontal/vertcal of Background position as wlel as overlay image.
4) Save image.

Any suggestions/ideas to be added to the project? Perhaps custom dimensions? Different Overlay Methods?

Cheers!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Im a Marty

You're a dead-set legend, Marty.

The hairy Gorilla and posse' at BTS Avatar Creations are gonna love you mate, what an awesome tool.

Mods, this deserves multiple applauses.

Cheers

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Try adding your great work to this thread

Love to see you there.

P

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Nice work! I really like the logo option. Different Overlay Methods?- size, placement, add your own logo, different logo options?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Very Cool!

I think the current dimensions are 200 x 450? I'd check with furry and the crew on that one, as I am the neophyte down there in BTS Avatar Creators.

Are you going to link us to it when you are finished tweaking it?

You. ROCK.

- AB

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

quite cool, marty.

The dimensions will work for a wide array of users with various length miniprofiles.

A cool feature would be one that allows you to crop out an area using a resizable box that maintains the 200X500 aspect ratio. That way larger images can be cropped to the best spot for the user, and sized down to meet the 200X500 dimensions.

I know very little about C++ based on some project management stuff i did in a past job. While I can follow the gist of what is going on in the code (due to some VB, and old pascal and fortran knowledge), but it mostly remains in the realm of magic to me.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There, you see! 200x500! I thought it was 450... Well, I guess I will make mine bigger next time...

Thanks for answering that BFFT. I'm glad you did - I wouldn't want to spread false avatar dimension rumors...

peace,
AB

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Ok so I adjusted the code, added more options.

The logo option now says 'custom logo' so you can add your own.

Allows to use the default.

The horizontal and vertical allows large images to be cropped..... no resizing as yet..

Latest Ver 1.2

Do you think an 'upload to ATS' would be cool and also an 'use this image now' ? (basically a web form that logs into ATS etc...

edit on 14/5/14 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

For 90% of ATS users 450 works great. Its mostly moderators and what not, or people with lots of extra stuff in their title

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ok.. I think thats about as much as I can do for it at this stage with what i've learned...

Ver 1.3

Allows for resizing the background.

anyone want to PM me or go to 'chat' - I will send a copy for testing purposes

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Cool stuff and much appreciated ! I could test it too if you let me. Also just a little idea for this could be premade mini profile backgrouds as a possible templates or themes, there is a lot unused avatars in avatar creation thread im sure they are willing to share. This could easy some people to find the avatar they like.. just a thought

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

i have hundreds that I'd be happy to package up in a zip file.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I like the idea of having the already created (and eventually future?) avatars in a searchable format - there are so many amazing ones that are buried in the depths of the mega-threads at BTS Avatar Creators.

Sort of like a gallery of avatars? When someone chooses one it might indicate it is being used (i.e. a message that says 'in use" or have it go dark? I dunno - that way twenty people don't have the same exact avatar...???)

Obviously I don't know how hard that would be to do, Marty. I may be asking the impossible! lol!

looking forward to seeing how this all turns out!

- AB

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is totally possible - I can use the mini background in a similar way the default logo is used. Except there's a collection of them.

FurryTexan - will u2u you my e-mail for a collection in a ZIP format

Marty

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Very cool idea

So many ideas and av's are just lost into the ether

S&F

Cody

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Heyall,

So I am on revision 2.0 +

The program reads a text file on the computer... I did it this way as future versions I can add presets on a website and the program can periodically or manually be updated to get new presets. You''ll see below that I wrote a test of 3 presets,

Facebook, Twitter, and Abovetopsecret

The program also now can grab an image off the internet.... as long as its an image file, and manipulate the image that way, then you save it to the local system.

Another aspect is the 'browse the web'. There's a second form, with a webbrowser inbuilt. It allows for browsing image websites, and as soon as the program detects an image file extensions, it will allow to import to the program directly like the previous example.

Future Versions:

* To scan a web bage, then provide a miniture listview of ALL images. Selecting the image will allow it to be imported into the MAIN form. Handy for those wallpaper websites.

* To have a combobox like the one you see, that can be updated for new picture websites. So the user does not have to travel far to search for relevant funky images.

* Perhaps start my own wallpaper website - and have the program start off my website.

* Convert this program to ASP or PHP so it can all be done online

Still a little bug in it, sorting it out now

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

i got all the avi's sorted out. I have 227 to send to you. Some may be in the old 180 wide format....but the tool should be able to sort that out(?)

This afternoon ill shoot them over. It'll take a 2 emails i think.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Excellent!

What would you like me to do with them? Store them inside a resource file in the program itself???

Nice little 'offline' database that users can go through and then select 'use this one' and wallah, it outputs the avvie as a new file!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I like giving my stuff away. If you can facilitate that, spectacular.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ok I have a somewhat ready application that can be 'generally' tested.

www.siriusitservices.com...

Please note, it allows for ATS, Facebook, Twitter.

I still need to code some bonus features, but as it stands, it works. The program is an installer. The uninstall works too, so if you want to remove it, just uninstall.

Once I get some feedback, I may officially release it!!!

Thanks everyone for your support

edit on 14/5/17 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join