It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Took Her License Because She's ''Too Old.'' What She Did Next Is So INSPIRING!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I work in geriatrics. The problem is that she can fine today, and literally decline in a few days to where she is a serious danger. Even testing every 6 months, which is somewhat "overkill", is completely inadequate.

Driving is not a right. It's a priviledge.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: seeker1963

I also might add, that I would like to see cellphones disabled while a vehicle is operating as well!

I will bet you any amount of money that more people are injured and killed due to idiots using their cell phones while driving than a few elderly folk making a drastic mistake? Right?

You bet, mobiles are a whole new ball game, and I don't care what anyone says about being adept in the use of a mobile on the move, there is enough multi-tasking going on in a vehicle, without the piggin' phone..no one, male or female, is a safe driver using them, and even some of those who stop to answer need watching for a sudden halt.

I'm a lorry driver (UK) and when I first started driving HGV I was horrified by what I discovered!
From high up in my cab I can see down into the vehicles that come along side me. When in situations where traffic stops moving and I get chance to look around me; I see drivers whose crotch area is glowing with the light of their mobile. Its quite odd really because when they start moving they pick up the phone and continue texting, but while stationary they drop it between their legs.

You can see a lot from high up in the cab, but I wont go there in this thread

edit on 15-5-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Yeah, I may have exaggerated a little ...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Understood, good point. Star!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I agree with you, but where do you draw the line? Should we test all men over a certain age in case they suddenly have a heart attack, if we did it would be at a considerably younger age than the delightful lady in the video. She clearly has all her faculties which, unlike a young lad I know (who is literally unable to concentrate except when he has retinol (?). So far he has managed literally a crash a year. Fortunately only mild ones because he lives in remote Devon, but I don't think liability on the road is something we can literally wrap drivers, users and pedestrians up in cotton wool over. We are all at risk there and health is only one marker that creates the risk to us of the pavement and road.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

There is no good solution right now. When self-driving cars are the norm this won't be such a big problem. Friends and family should help moer. If they won't, they can all get together and hire transportation to drive them to the store.

I love the elderly, I work with them, but I would prefer not seeing them drive. Some of my patients drive regularly and it's scary, very scary. Sell the vehicle, then you don't need to pay for insurance, that money can be put towards public transportation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join