It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Origin of GOD Do You Believe Exists?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I would like to have a civil discussion on this topic. This is not a discussion as to whether or not GOD exists. If you do not believe so, that is perhaps for another post. If you believe in none, you are welcome to list none, but at least answer the other questions that go along with it.

Let's see how that goes.

I'll edit this part of my post and BOLD what everyone that's responded seems to not be seeing. Wondering why some people refuse to read everything before posting

1) Which GOD do you believe exists?

God of the Old Testament
God of the New Testament
God of the Old and New Testament
God of the Koran
Insert Your Own Choice be it what many would call mythology, or another current belief system.

2) Where and when did this god originate? In other words, what is the origin and from which source?

3) Why do you believe in the god you've listed? Do you have a personal experiance that made you believe?

4) Why do you follow this belief vs the others?

5) Do you follow this belief according to the source? Do you feel there may be discrepancies with the belief system you follow?

I ask that all be civil in this discussion. I'm curious of the many beleif systems of those here on ATS. It's also a great way for me to read about other beliefs beside my own and may have me exploring other interesting religions aside from my own.

I will also participate:

1) GOD of the Old and New Testament.

2) To my knowledge, it started, according to how it is writen in both books, around 6,000 years ago. Carried down by the Hebrew people, known later as the Jews and continued by the Catholic religion some 2,000 years ago.

3) It feels right. My personal experianes come in the form of a 6th sense, or an internal voice if you will. No, I do not hear voices... It's a quiet, but strong voice inside. Some might call it a concious, but to me it differs from my concious but one and the same. When I pray for things, I find that they all come to pass in one form or another, usually within days, and sometimes right away, so long as it doesn't affect free will or come by greed.

4) I found this belief from being raised into it. I wandered many years in search of my own way, just believing in general and following no set religion, but even still, I follow what the Old and New Testament says as truth. I've looked into other beliefs, but they don't feel right to me, rather, they do not "speak to me" in the way that they do not feel natural to me. This could be because of my upbrining in this faith, but I also believe that other religions are pretty much the same. (Baptist, Full Gospel, Catholisism, etc)

5) I try to follow it according to the source, the Bible, but I find that today this is very hard to do. I still believe the source is correct but being able to follow 100%, I come really short of a good bit of it. Just because I don't follow it doesn't mean I don't believe it. It's either not possible due to modern laws/society, and the fact that I find myself without the strength and will to escape the temptations of a lot of what is around me. Are there descrepancies? I personally do not feel there are. I think a lot has to do with wording and how things were translated but only on a minor scale. Some things translated, I feel, are worded differently but mean the same thing. I think there is a deeper understanding that many people do not take into consideration, they only use the surface of the words and what's writen to judge those that do believe but fail to see the truth and the reason behind what is writen.

There ya go, folks! Your turn!

edit on 14-5-2014 by StallionDuck because: People... PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST before posting

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Can I say none of the above?
Not because God doesn't exist, but because all of those listed are just different interpretations by different groups of men.

And I don't think that any of them are more correct than another.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
All of those were the same God. The God of Abraham. New old and Koran. a reply to: StallionDuck

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Not because God doesn't exist, but because all of those listed are just different interpretations by different groups of men.

I already mentioned this. If you believe in none, say so, but answer the questions in kind. If it's not on the list, I listed an option to ad your own.

I thought that was pretty clear. If it's not, do say so and how I can change the OP to reflect what you are not seeing.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
All of those were the same God. The God of Abraham. New old and Koran. a reply to: StallionDuck

Once again... READ the post!

Insert Your Own Choice be it what many would call mythology, or another current belief system.

It's in there.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I believe that god originated in the minds of people who could not explain the natural world around them. How did the ground get here, the fish, the oceans, the stars? All of these are questions ancient people could not answer, so instead they created gods, which in turn answered all of the above.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I give up on you guys... There is no point in trying to make a civil discussion if no one wan't to participate. Jeeze. Some of you guys really don't contribute to squat. You're just here to muck it all up.

MODS, you may as well delete this thread. It's obviously pointless. I'm done with it from the get go. This is exactly why I don't even care to contribute to this site anymore.

Chaos... Pure Chaos... Does no one believe in any kind of direction anymore?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
God of the Old Testament
No. God was there in that time period. But most of the writings do not represent Him.

God of the New Testament
Yes

God of the Koran
NO.

Where and when did this god originate?

Always was. No beginning and no end.

Why do you believe in the god you've listed?

Personal experiences

Why do you follow this belief vs the others?

It makes the most sense.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You do realize you gave it all of 13 minutes ....
Have some patience.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I already mentioned this. If you believe in none, say so, but answer the questions in kind. If it's not on the list, I listed an option to ad your own.

I thought that was pretty clear. If it's not, do say so and how I can change the OP to reflect what you are not seeing.

Well, I made it clear that my answer was NOT that I don't believe in God.
Sorry I didn't follow your rules to a T.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think that If theres a God its the same one for all religions simply called by another name.

Im agnostic, i believe that all that exists wasnt an accident but that no one has it 100% right. God doesnt appear to anyone yet everyone believes 'it' is there.

Why does God even need a name other than the creator and or god, i think the religious texts (written by man) are all bunk, yes they teach some good lessons but as to which one is the right one? I dont think that should matter.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

2) Where and when did this god originate?

He did not 'originate'. God exists outside of time.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

You do realize you gave it all of 13 minutes ....
Have some patience.

How can ya when as soon as I hit post, the page starts filling up with that kinda crap? They didn't even read the post. They're just here to take it apart. That's why I don't care about this anymore.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'll edit this part of my post and BOLD what everyone that's responded seems to not be seeing. Wondering why some people refuse to read everything before posting - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just read the bolded part. It alerted me to the fact that you are pissed about something, but I don't see where the bolded part addresses what you are pissed about.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

How can ya when as soon as I hit post, the page starts filling up with that kinda crap? They didn't even read the post. They're just here to take it apart. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I read your entire post before I posted.
I didn't do exactly what you wanted.
I did contribute to your thread, now please excuse me while I stop boosting the post count on the thread since it seems to be unappreciated.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

How can ya when as soon as I hit post, the page starts filling up with that kinda crap?

13 minutes and a handful of posts isn't 'filling up' ... it's just getting started. If you are going to have a thread, you have to be patient with folks because they won't follow exactly as you wish. Everyone is in a different place understanding what you want...

That's why I don't care about this anymore.

Okay. Your choice. It was just helpful advice. It was only 13 minutes.
Not enough time for people to see and respond ....
but it's your choice.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
All wrong...all from other people when you should be figuring it out yourself.
While many religions have good messages in (many bad outdated ones also which repress women and other human beings) they are not from god but man.
Search deep inside and you will find her....(God is a she as in she gave birth to everything).
But don't listen to me listen to yourself only because your relationship with God is nowt to do with anyone but yourself and God will cry If you follow other mans warped ideas of God.
God doesn't follow any religion....Religion is just a tool of control.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Hello, friend. Namaste.

1) Which GOD do you believe exists?

First of all, I don't believe many incarnations exist...I know they all exist, with or without people's acknowledgement. The many gods throughout the religions of the world are different levels of God. Each incarnation (you are also an incarnation) of God has come to various cultures of the world to bring a more spiritual life to that particular part of Earth. In other words, to awaken the people of that land and time period. God will show up to each nation or culture based on their level of understanding and spiritual progress. So, God may seem to have a different name or attribute(s) whenever His presence shows up there. However, remember always that God is ONE, and we are ONE with God. There is only ONE Spirit in this Universe.

2) Where and when did this god originate? In other words, what is the origin and from which source?

If you're speaking of origin in relation to when God appears in that part of the world, then it is different for every place. It all about timing. When God knows the right time, He will show up or a representative will be there to assist the people into a more spiritual mindset.

3) Why do you believe in the god you've listed? Do you have a personal experiance that made you believe?

Please see #1 question again. I no longer "believe" in things. Belief is a current paradigm that may or may not make you get stuck into its dogma. Belief allows a person to go from one system to another. Belief systems are paramount to religious stigma that may also close your mind to further knowledge and wisdom. Belief can also separate you from God. For example, you may say, "I believe in the God of Abraham." You have just separated you from God by saying "I believe." You must do everything possible to regain the knowledge that You are ONE with God.

So, I must say that I AM ONE with God. There is no belief. I AM that I AM.

As for personal experiences, there are many. I have had dreams and visions all my life: lessons, teachings, wisdom, and experiences of the other worlds from angels, masters, and even from the Level of God closest to my current consciousness.

4) Why do you follow this belief vs the others?

As mentioned above, I have no "belief system." I AM One with God, and His Will is my Will; therefore, my Will is God's Will.

5) Do you follow this belief according to the source? Do you feel there may be discrepancies with the belief system you follow? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, I don't follow any "belief system." The Universe is beyond vast. And you can't put God into any system on Earth.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

1) Alien advanced life, no God's.

2) Space / Earths history.

3) No personal experience, but historie points up, or in to space.

4) The others are misstaken tales of something very simpel / There is really nothing to follow but one rule -- Evolve in balance with the Univers...
5) Hard to say / Could be...

edit on 14-5-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

1 - none of the above

2 - the minds of men - who needed " something " to explain what was out there

3 - its not a belief , but I answer " none " because of the absence of evidence

4 - I don't have a belief I have a lack of belief in gods - and I hold this view because no credible evidence for any aledged god has been presented

PS q3 / 4 are awefully repetitive

5 my lack of belief has no " source " - my world view has no discreprancies - as it does not make claims beyond its means - however there are many things that it cannot currently explain - but these are not filled by a " god of the gaps " - I am happier that things are unknown

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join