It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic's last menu (I have pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is obviously a replica.

A person gave me this years ago and I don't know why I haven't shared anything until now.
So,I am sharing what I have.

I will write out what the menu is in case you can't see the pics that well.

1.Beef marrow broth julienne of braised vegetables and roasted parsnips.
2.Mesclun of spring greens with sun dried cranberries and apricots and organic seedlings. (organic??...this was 1912???)
3.Earl grey and sapphire sorbet cranberry gelee.
4.Anise seed crusted filet mignon chutney pan jus candied shallot potato souffle braised pearl onions.
5.Tia maria praline chocolate,tulip fraise des bois,marinated peaches,frangeligo,creme Anglaise French vanilla bean ice cream

Chef:Charles Proctor

The First-Class Menu As served in the first-class dining saloon of the R.M.S. Titanic on April 14, 1912 First Course Hors D'Oeuvres Oysters Second Course Consommé Olga Cream of Barley Third Course Poached Salmon with Mousseline Sauce, Cucumbers Fourth Course Filet Mignons Lili Saute of Chicken, Lyonnaise Vegetable Marrow Farci Fifth Course Lamb, Mint Sauce Roast Duckling, Apple Sauce Sirloin of Beef, Chateau Potatoes Green Pea Creamed Carrots Boiled Rice Parmentier & Boiled New Potatoes Sixth Course Punch Romaine Seventh Course Roast Squab & Cress Eighth Course Cold Asparagus Vinaigrette Ninth Course Pate de Foie Gras Celery Tenth Course Waldorf Pudding Peaches in Chartreuse Jelly Chocolate & Vanilla Eclairs French Ice Cream

www.armchair.com...

If you can see,most of the menu is predominately French.
I have looked at some other pictures of their menu and i don't think mine is as authentic as i was hoping for.

Here is the pictures,sorry they aren't that good.

Enjoy.

edit on 14-5-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

They had decaf!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What, no meatloaf?
That menu is interesting indeed. Very cool historical item!

Note: On the "mesclun spring greens salad", you wrote "merclun".
Damn, I'm being persnickety today.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thank you and edited...there is something blocking that letter so i just guessed.
Thanks for the clarification.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I was just talking on the phone with my buddy, telling him about this. He and his wife are chefs. I told them that one of the later courses on the menu was "Punch Romaine". He told me it was a palette cleanser. (Snooty bastard)

His wife said that these palette cleansers often had a stiff shot of booze which stimulated the appetite. Cool.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just a modern take what would have actually been served I think... Yeah don't think organic was big back then! Tia Maria? And shouldn't that be Samphire instead of Sapphire? Yummy menu though, nom nom

edit on 14-5-2014 by paradisepurple because: Sp.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I wonder what second class and steerage had on their menues.

11 courses. I hope the servings were small or there were some large wealthy folks back then.

I had a tasting menus at the Paris hotel in las Vegas that featured eight courses but everything was small. Still I was very full by the time they served an assortment of chocolate which included ice cream , cookies and candy. .
The pate de foie gras was wonderful.
edit on PMu31u0552046312014-05-14T14:46:50-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join