It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so hard to comprehend about the Bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
im just gonna do a hit and run...
Religon is responsible for most wars thats ever been fought, so millions have died indirectly because of it.
The catholic church is the biggest peadophile organisation in the world, causing millions of victims to take their own lives because of it.
i grew up being taught catholic religon in school, which told me i was a sinner and if i was a bold boy i wouldnt go to heaven. Every time i was mischievious i was worried i'd be going to hell.
There is'nt one shred of evidence that anything in the bible is true.
As for this:

1) There is a "true" God. 2) There are other Gods and Goddesses (hence, why the world has females). 3) Humans are NOT inferior to God, because, otherwise, that would contradict this verse. Inferiority would not be in the Gods' and Goddesses' image. So I really don't understand, why can't anyone comprehend these simple truths?

Absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I replied to everyone in one single post. I wonder if you will each get a "iosolomon replied to your post."

a reply to: AfterInfinity

What is so hard to comprehend about the Bible? Why anyone takes it seriously.

Lol. I couldn't have asked for a better first reply.

a reply to: grainofsand

I can't comprehend an alleged 'loving' God when you consider the atrocities, infanticide, genocide, and all the rest of it claimed as 'true' in the Old Testament. But then I think rationally.

The Bible does not say that God is "loving." The Bible makes it clear that true God is the God of Wrath. In fact, Jesus Christ was so scared of God that He chose death.

However, in regards to those other things, I think God would know best if there is an after-life. So what does Life really matter? If God is real, then death will feel like the ending to a bad nightmare. Now, I don't think anyone should have to suffer pain, but like waking up from a bad nightmare, death would actually be a blessing.

a reply to: LeviWardrobe

Further to that, If you read one verse forward, to Genesis 1: 27, you find "So God created human beings[c] in his own image." God created humans. Not Gods.

Do you not understand? There is no meaning to Life, but a set of trials. The verse right before that makes it clear that there are multiple Gods and Goddesses.

a reply to: 0bservant

Personal Opinion: Religious nuts will destroy the world with their biased and illogical thought process.

I would put my money that God destroys the world before the religious nuts.

PS. How do you know "Inferiority would not be in the Gods' and Goddesses' image"? For one you're putting words in their mouth based on your own opinions. Annnd secondly, how do you designate God from the others if we're all equally as important?

Is it "inferiority" or merely lack of experience? Sure, you could argue that a recruit is "inferior" to an Admiral, but that same recruit could very well become the next Admiral. I don't understand why people have such a difficult time comprehending all this. (As for you second question, that would also be answered with the Admiral / recruit analogy.)

I'm not seeing the facts... link to source?

That would be like asking someone to prove that 1+1=2...

a reply to: Spiro

God is real? Yea so was my brothers death!!!!

I am sorry for your loss, but perhaps, you should delve into the religious teachings of the Buddhists if you are still having difficulty. Mediation works wonders to heal the Soul, my brother or sister.

a reply to: FlyersFan

Not necessarily. It could easily refer to the Trinity - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

That's an interesting point.

a reply to: DeadSeraph

Not sure if you are aware, but the OP thinks he's Jesus.

Now, that has nothing to do with this thread. Be courteous. Do not poison my well. Thank you.

a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

a reply to: schuyler

a reply to: deadeyedick

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

a reply to: Antipathy17

a reply to: ctophil

a reply to: thegeck

a reply to: tothetenthpower

a reply to: Sinter Klaas

a reply to: 3n19m470

a reply to: SecretKnowledge

To all of you, good points. I enjoyed the posts.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Bible is written in parables,information is hidden in art and Music and every method of human communication.

This informtion is coded into parables,this is important to remember because if we were hiding the data from humans using parables wouldnt be that effective,we have developed the habit of communicating critical data via parables,projected in every way possible.

When you read your good book just re-write it in the most comfortable way you can,add where it feels right and delete where it feels right,and DO NOT worry about the meanings,you will be getting closer to the most accurate meanings by making changes because the real messages are in parables and will not be lost they will in fact become clearer.You cannot lose the truth by trimming the tree you simply get closer to the source.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

Good luck in life, bud. May you have all the hookers, coc aine, and Sunday services you can handle.

a reply to: 0bservant

Personal Opinion: Religious nuts will destroy the world with their biased and illogical thought process.

I would put my money that God destroys the world before the religious nuts.

PS. Way to reinforce my theory

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeviWardrobe
Being made in the "likeness" of something isn't necessarily being made "identical" to or "equal" to something. Also, "us" doesn't have to be the plural of "I". Royalty, and other authorities use "we" and "us" when speaking solely about themselves. Being that this is the King James translation it is very likely that God's written word would use common authoritative and royal queues of the day... such as referring to the self as "us" or "we". It is a common formal way of speaking for English Royalty and Authorities.

Further to that, If you read one verse forward, to Genesis 1: 27, you find "So God created human beings[c] in his own image." God created humans. Not Gods.

Very well explained but most on ATS will have their own sick opinion of what those words mean.

edit on 15-5-2014 by DisabledVet1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DisabledVet1

Man created God, not the other way around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join