It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superhero Feline defends humanitys children from the direwolves!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
2 points -

Cat - I have one that has done this to a dog before we even knew what was happening. Dog was just walking into the driveway. Cat ran right out and attacked his nose and chased him out of the yard. He will also sit at the window and if unknown car comes in he actually growls.

Dog - We had friends that had a St. Bernard. Kids on bicycles tormented the dog constantly when the owners weren't around. Thereafter anything with wheels was attacked. The dog saw nothing but the wheels moving. This could be something similar or the kid could have been tormenting the dog through the fence if it was a neighbors. I'm sorry the kid got hurt but most dogs don't attack for no reason. I will say however it appeared as if the dog might be a stray. Just didn't appear well cared for to me. Not sure where this happened but we have a real problem here of people just dumping dogs into neighborhoods when they can't or don't want to take care of them anymore.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Wish I could give you more stars for that SaturnFX. True words spoken there.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
The mom's reaction was a bit confusing...she ran off knowing there was a loose dog without taking her kid.

Cool video either way

The guy who posted the video on Youtube addresses that:

Question: "Why did the mom run away?"

ANSWER: After checking his wounds she made sure the dog did not return for a second attempt. The owners were there also and she was bit by the dog as she tried to pin him in his yard. The owners did get control of the dog and secured him in which she immediately returned to attending to our son. I did not include that video because it was not so much about the dog but about the cats actions. 

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

I don't know - this video seems odd to me

How did the camera angles change from one side of the car to the other, as it followed the dog. Who was handling the camera and why didn't they help the kid or at least jump a little when the dog attacked and then again when the cat attacked?

I have no doubts that a cat would attack a dog but this whole thing seems fishy. What mother wouldn't pick up the kid and at least put him on top of the car?

Tired of Control freaks

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

He has security cameras. His security cameras captured the attack. He simply spliced the footage together.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've witnessed a similar event with my old cat (RIP) fatso. When I brought another cat home from the spca and let him check the house out, our dog (Pudge) came running down and chased the new cat (Crush) and Crush freaked out as did the dog then all of a sudden Fatso charges downstairs and whaps Pudge in the face a few times with some loud hissing and Pudge a huge dog scurries away in fear. Then Fatso charges Crush into a corner and basically keeps him confined until I pick fatso up and try to calm him down. To me that was Fatso trying to protect me and my brother who were down there in the middle of it and that was one of the funniest/strangest things I ever saw a cat do.

This cat was epic though and was 100% protecting its family. Animals are a lot smarter than most people give them credit for!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Oh - thanks for clearing that up

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Most cat owners observe such behavior, such as protection, in their felines. Good for sharing to show these behaviors in companion animals are not limited to just one species, ie. canines. Cats while often getting a bad wrap, are said to really see their human companion, as a larger version of themselves rather than the common "leaching off humans". With the latest study coming out that pets(namely canines) really do feel love* towards humans-often once thought of as dependency in felines or pack mentality in canines-, it can surely go beyond just territorial of land or territorial protection of the child to actual protection.

Either way the cat saved the boy, who may not have recovered if the attack was not intervened as fast as the cat could have.
*same hormonal reactions in humans during love.

As mentioned earlier, ya the dog does look mixed breed most shelters would brand Lab mix(don't really agree here)despite what the breed may in slight resemble.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I would also like to add,

Years ago when I was a teenager I was bit by my friends dog in his house. It was near Atlanta Ga. The dog was mistreated by his cousin and was mean as can be.

After I went home and told my mother, she called animal control and the authorities. They came to his house and took the dog for observation and deemed him to be a threat.

He was put to sleep.

True story and I still have the scar on my wrist to this day.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

I don't know - this video seems odd to me

How did the camera angles change from one side of the car to the other, as it followed the dog. Who was handling the camera and why didn't they help the kid or at least jump a little when the dog attacked and then again when the cat attacked?

I have no doubts that a cat would attack a dog but this whole thing seems fishy. What mother wouldn't pick up the kid and at least put him on top of the car?

Tired of Control freaks

The first question was answered I see, but the second one you posed made me cringe a bit.
Being in florida, the car tops get hot enough to grill a steak on....not sure mom hated the kid enough to toss him on the hood of the car.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

My little 8 pound Shih-Tzu/Border Terrier chased off a German Shepherd from attacking me.

I am in a power wheelchair and always take my dog out on a leash. He is very leash trained, but because he is small, he gets to sit in my lap when going out the door, then I let him down. One time, as we went out the door, a German Shepherd ran up to me and tried to jump up onto me while my dog was in my lap, that little dog growled, snapped and lunged onto the big dog and chased him off.

But another time, a neighbor's pit bull ran out of their yard and tried to attack my dog. I knew my dog would be injured so I had to keep spinning in circles to get my dog away and finally after getting him on my lap, that pit bull was about to be run into by the wheel chair by the time their owner tackled it.

Did I get an apology from that person for their dog attempting to attack us? None, whatsoever. In fact, they probably would have sued me if I ran over it. Yes, it does hurt if I run over or into someone at full speed, we do occasionally ram holes in our walls, inadvertently.

Yeah for the kitty for taking care of business. The law in that town will probably dictate that the dog gets put down. And rightfully so, if they can't or won't control their dog, they don't need it. And that dog stalked that little boy.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

My little 8 pound Shih-Tzu/Border Terrier chased off a German Shepherd from attacking me.

Normally, the way it works in the animal kingdom isn't about size, but attitude.
I walked my 2 pits one day into this sort of dead end horseshoe lake extension that was being built and a giant white wolf came at the outlet...basically I couldn't pass...it just sat right in the middle watching me with my girls...they were not happy, but remained at my side...this wolf wasn't threatening, just sitting in the middle basically not going to budge..guess it felt it owned this land and didn't need to.

My dad was walking his Chihuahua at the same time..the little guy was pushing to get to the wolf soo hard it almost moved my dads hand (heh..small dog..but thinks he is a horse)...the wolf looked at him, stood, and ran off given the sheer aggression the little Chihuahua was given...because that dog owns the street, period. he will run after any and every dog that steps over his line and disrespects the space of his family...and every dog backs down.

This is normal animal behavior.

Did I get an apology from that person for their dog attempting to attack us? None, whatsoever.

And there it is.
As I said, show me a bad pitbull, and I will show you a bad owner.
Dog has no limitations, respect, or sense of self..don't blame the dog, he doesn't know any better..that is the owner 100%..same attitude.

My girls did get attacked by a neighborhood giant pit actually. they didn't fight, they ran home because I ordered them. the owner got his dog also..now the owner was a nice guy and didn't press any charges or anything, we could fix everything with superglue and petting..but the way the owner tried to reprimand his dog was not to train him, but rather choke and punch this dog repeatedly..which of course doesn't actually teach the dog anything outside of even more mistrust of humans.
He shouldn't own a pit...he doesn't know how to train em.
pity, pitbulls really are amazing dogs

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: WarminIndy

but the way the owner tried to reprimand his dog was not to train him, but rather choke and punch this dog repeatedly..which of course doesn't actually teach the dog anything outside of even more mistrust of humans.
He shouldn't own a pit...he doesn't know how to train em.
pity, pitbulls really are amazing dogs

I would have only run over the other dog if I needed to defend me or my little dog, but to punch the dog, wow. That doesn't sound like a nice guy though.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
helloo ! am i the only one to think of this as supernatural act ? like some force that watches the boy intervened through the cat ?
Like when kid amazingly survive fall high from building without injuries

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here's another vide from ABC News
gma.yahoo.com...

And I guess you could say this cat had.....

Go cat!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just seen the video on the news in the UK, it appears that the dog will be destroyed. Also said that the cat followed the family home from the park five years ago and stayed.

Shame about the dog but I don't think there was any alternative in these circumstances.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

edit on 15-5-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
some times your meow can be bigger than your bite.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join