It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Superhero Feline defends humanitys children from the direwolves!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:58 PM
a reply to: boymonkey74

**sigh*** I really wish they would bring back the other emo's, as I guess my use of the eye wink one went over everyone's head.

I wasn't being serious. I was using the typical cat stereotypes. I could care less WHY the cat did it.

I'm just glad it did.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:58 PM

originally posted by: Isolation
I hope the owner gets put down ....hard

Agreed. Owners need to control their dogs...

What sort of dog was that ?

Looks like some sort of heinz-57 mix.
edit on 5/14/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
a reply to: chiefsmom

Oh right
lol I agree I mean this is the roll eyes one...

Silly. Oh and sorry for the misunderstanding Mom

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: buster2010

After the dog left the cat had no more interest in him.

That's because the cat had already taken care of business, as it were.

exactly. what did people expect, a fight to the death? the danger had passed. break out the Mission Accomplished banner. if the dog wandered into the yard and took a dump, I doubt the cat would go completely ape sh## like it did when they boy was attacked... it might NOW though, if the dog were to return. if it's still around that is. I guess it may depend on the state laws but that was a vicious attack if those wounds shown at the end were indeed inflicted during the attack shown earlier.

Chiefs Mom- I got your joke. My post was referring to some other comments that, if they were jokes too, I did not get them
just to let you know and hopefully make you feel a little better about it.

edit on 5/14/2014 by 3n19m470 because: message to Chiefs Mom

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
a reply to: SaturnFX

That was insane. thanks for sharing.

I cannot believe the impact force that cat had! Lmfao that dog flew back a good yard or so from the initial impact. Id say heroic cat indeed it was definitely trying to save the boy.

Also, I love dogs as much as they next guy but had that been my child I would've shot that dog dead in the street.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:21 PM
For those wondering why the mother left the child... The first thing that ran through my mind is that she saw he had been hurt and couldn't identify how badly yet. I assumed she told him to sit there so she could either go call for help or get something to clean it up so she could make sure he was alright??

Just my take on it. She probably should not have left him sitting there with the dog still loose, but in the moment we sometimes don't do things the way we would have at another time.

He was pretty injured and I imagine he had a fair amount of blood everywhere. She probably remembered being told to not move an injured person until you are sure there aren't other injuries or to avoid making an injury worse.
edit on 5/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM

edit on 14-5-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:27 PM
I'm not sure we can trust the authenticity of this video...cats RUN the internet.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
Never seen a cat act protective like that before, that's one rare cat.

It's funny how surprising this video is, yet if the canine and feline roles were reversed no one would be surprised.

Also, please don't link articles from the Chive - I just wasted half an hour.........

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:30 PM

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I'm not sure we can trust the authenticity of this video...cats RUN the internet.

You are going to love this video.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:39 PM
Want to say to those who pick sides in the doggy v pussy wars, that they're both poorly understood by folks who are causal observers and both are cool creatures with far more conscious awareness than most give them credit for.

And as to the video, I get mad at the dog owner for letting that happen ... and wonder if it's possible the kid hurt the dog in the past? We might be missing context... not to be a blind apologist or say mauling a toddler is acceptable, just that the dog might've had motivation beyond instinctual territoriality and aggression.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

We have a cat that follows our oldest kid around the the block, everyone knows him. And if the kid tries to go to the next block, the cat starts caterwauling and howling. If a dog comes around, same thing.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:22 PM
I am generally not in favor of putting a dog down due to an attack. Especially if the attack came from a person invading the dog's territory. You can't blame a dog for that. This is a very different story though. This dog went out looking for trouble and immediately attacked the little boy unprovoked. I hate to say it, but this dog has to be put down.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:26 PM
Excellent thread OP.....S&F for a happy thread.

Many moons ago we had a cat like the one in the video, (Yogi) and it was one sick cat when it came to dogs.
Once she pounced off of our front porch right onto a German Shepard that made the mistake of barking at her.
You should have heard the yelping and it was hilarious to watch this dog run like mad down the street with a cat riding shotgun on back.......LOL

Second time it was a golden lab same front porch but this dog was faster and escaped the attack unscathed but still ran till out of our site yelping and howling.

Lots of smiles here right now.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
a reply to: chiefsmom

When I was a little boy I had a cat that I loved dearly. She would sleep with me at night and when I was sleeping my dad would come in to check up on me and that's when she would strike. She was very protective of me and if I was in a similar situation as this young I could see her protecting me.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:41 PM

originally posted by: Biigs
That is one of the most badass and awesome things i ever seen.

Cats are usually the assholes and dogs the friendly ones.

I guess when it hits the fan cats are just as willing to defend the innocent after all. A great piece of footage.

I'm a cat person and they're bright and aware. One of our childhood cats used to wait at the door and call the cats in at night and he woke us up when the female was in labor in the middle of the night, saying handle it, emergency, handle it....

And it was a cat guarding the door when my son was up late before he noticed something odd at the door and was compelled into sleep. She was guarding the house.

We've had some really aware and intelligent cats.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:41 PM
Cat's consider us equals and dogs as inferior creatures that will greedily eat our excrement. You don't think we gotcha back?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:44 PM
I'd like to slap the poop out of its owner/s.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:49 PM
Awesome , but hes a super hero now......hes probably gonna get taken back to his home planet

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM

originally posted by: BlastedCaddy
I'd like to slap the poop out of its owner/s.

Have pity on them, for they are dumber than their stupid, sh$t eating dogs. CATS RULE!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>