It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, South Korean health experts team up to contain North Korean pandemic risk...MERS False Flag?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hmmm....how interesting this is coming out just as the cases of MERS are in the headlines. Wonder if this is a possible way for the US to wipe NK out without having to go to war. I would think that if a pandemic did hit NK they would look to strike the US anyways with the belief that the US unleashed it on them.

Either way...look for MERS to hit NK hard in the near future....

North Korea’s inflammatory rhetoric and atomic weapons testing aren't the only concerns for U.S. officials, as an even bigger threat than nuclear Armageddon may be lurking within the communist nation’s borders: The threat of deadly disease.

In 2010, a report from Amnesty International painted a grim picture of North Korea’s crumbling health care system, with witnesses and health care workers recounting barely-functioning hospitals, multiple medication shortages and epidemics caused by malnutrition. These findings fell in line with the World Health Organization’s estimates from 2006, which revealed that North Korea spends less on health care than any other country in the world – less than $1 per person.

Given the country’s extreme medical deficiencies, U.S. military officials soon grew concerned over the possibility of a lethal pathogen originating within North Korea, as the nation’s health care officials would be nearly powerless to stop the spread of infection. And if such an illness were to continue to expand, a global pandemic would likely occur.

Source[ed itby]edit on 5/14/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I find this part of the report particularly interesting. They formed JUPITR back in October. JUPITR is Joint United States Forces Korea Portal and Integrated Threat Recognition. They have 4 legs they say, but the 3rd and fourth are the most compelling to me.

The third and fourth legs of JUPITR revolve around advanced environmental sensor technology, such as radar and antibody-based technology that can detect biological agents in the atmosphere. In the coming months, program officials will test 10 different environmental field sensors to see which ones are best at sensing and identifying potential health risks; those that perform the best will be transported to Korea and integrated into various perimeter defense systems.

So we have the ability to sense these potential risks prior to them coming across the border. This screams at me as something that can easily be used to disallow people from crossing borders anywhere in the world, with NK/SK simply being a testing ground. I mean, while NK's healthcare system may be deplorable, there are MANY other areas in the world that this would be better suited to I would think, like areas that have NO healthcare systems and disease runs rampant....

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

North Korea’s inflammatory rhetoric and atomic weapons testing aren't the only concerns for U.S. officials, as an even bigger threat than nuclear Armageddon may be lurking within the communist nation’s borders: The threat of deadly disease.

I'm confused. Tell me again about how a deadly disease is worse than nuclear Armageddon? I know im splitting hairs here but it somehow seems a bit exaggerated.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality

I'm confused. Tell me again about how a deadly disease is worse than nuclear Armageddon? I know im splitting hairs here but it somehow seems a bit exaggerated.

Nuclear Armageddon would involve each country being able to launch all of their nukes essentially at the same time to destroy the world and could be stopped. A pandemic would be unstoppable by any country unless a cure was found, mass produced and distributed rapidly world-wide. Personally I would rather go in one big boom than slowly die from disease.....

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So blowing the planet into pieces is not as bad as a disease? I'm still not seeing it.

My point was really that this is obviously bull. More commonly known as sensationalism.

I do appreciate you laying that out for me though. Honestly.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You think a pandemic being a possible human life ender is bull? History has shown just what a pandemic can do to a population. If the disease is deadly enough, quick enough and easily transmitted via one or more means, then I would be far more worried about that than a nuclear weapon. Imagine knowing you are going to die in the next 100 days but not knowing when you would catch the disease....that is far more terrifying to me than a missile being launched and going up in one big boom.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

MERS is very very scary, Digital_Reality one of the best examples of what Vasa Croe just said, was the discovery of the "Americas", when we Portuguese and Spanish people got to south america, the new world, we killed more people than the 2nd world war, nobody talks about it but it's the true. More than 50% of the population that died during the discover of the new world , died of deseases that we brought to America, local indians didn't had defenses against small pox, flu (influenza), measles... deseases that for us are trivial, to people with no antibodies means death. That could happen in hours, i mean a mass spread of the desease, and no force cant stop it only a cure.
edit on 8122931x0000002001pm531 by Bitxushanty because: Bad English writing

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I think some people are quick to bite the hook without looking.

Call me a crazy conspiracy theorist but I like to question everything.

edit on 14-5-2014 by Digital_Reality because: Looks like I added something new anyway.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

Listen, I get it. I read the article and it uses terms like:

"The threat of deadly disease"

"Amnesty International painted a grim picture of North Korea’s"

"U.S. military officials soon grew concerned over the possibility of a lethal pathogen originating within North Korea"

"In order to prevent such a catastrophic event, the U.S. Army launched in October the Joint United States Forces "

" JUPITR utilizes advanced technologies to monitor the border between North and South Korea for potential disease agents that could become serious health hazards"

SO... It has not happened. But we better get in there to stop the possibility right? Lets invade and get those WMD's out err.. stop the possibility of a disease outbreak.

Sorry but fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, huh ? Ill just let GW say it for me.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

I understand what you mean, for instance the government in my country Portugal has in storage 10 million doses of an antibiotic for the "bird flu" that was going to kill 1/3 of the world population... I get it, i was against the buying of those drugs since the patent of that medicine was recently bought by an american company, sooo for me the "birdflu" was a BULL like you say over there. Anyways it's always very scary, because this is not a flu, that you can treat with an antiviral, it's much worst.
edit on 8275131xu5601pm531 by Bitxushanty because: Bad English writing

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality

Well north Korea is only likely to launch a few dozen hiroshima nukes at most localy half of which will likely be shot down, causaultys will like be a few million.

A deadly influenza outbreak could go global and kill hundred of millions.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join