It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Lady Gaga planned to destroy Madonna's legacy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The first time I heard the song Judas by Lady Gaga, I remember thinking 'wow this is crap' and the accompanying controversial religious themed video made me realise that Gaga really was stalking Madonna's career.

Nobody could ever touch the Material Girl, I am so proud of her for having the balls to stand up to Lady Gaga and her army of appropriately named little monsters.

I am a big believer in Karma and it's been fun watching Gaga's career start to nosedive already and the press is turning on her while Katy Perry wipes the floor with her on the Billboard chart. It's poetic justice.

Long live the Queen!!

---------
Article : How Lady Gaga planned to destroy Madonna's legacy

On Sunday evening, I spent an hour on the phone with a source that worked with Lady Gaga up until December. She, along with many others, were fired from Gaga’s team as Gaga tried to blame people for the failure of ARTPOP. We talked a little bit about Lady Gaga and her rise to stardom. But the most interesting part was how my source claimed that Lady Gaga strategically tried to end Madonna’s career.

www.popmusicgadfly.com... -lady-gaga-wanted-destroy-madonnas-career/

edit on 14-5-2014 by phoenixrising10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: phoenixrising10

I don't think Gaga wanted to destroy Madonna's legacy. How could that be done? Madonna is ... Madonna. But Lady Gaga IS this generation's Madonna. I think she's done a great job of branding herself and she probably got a LOT of ideas from Madonna.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

They are both gross interpretations of pop music. A fine example how people see style as more important than music. I'ts nothing more than smut "music" if you even want to call it that.

Madona is no queen. More like a harlot. Virgin my arse... More akin to blugeoning my virgin ears.. rotflmao

pop

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
To me (Iam 40 btw) I like Gaga more...but they are different, different styles and a different generation.
You shouldn't get so wound up over what is basically nothing.
Also Madonnas career was over before Gaga hit the scene.
edit on 14-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Lady Ga Ga, Has not had a real hit since her Monster Album. Her last Album sucked as did the sales. So no, she can not and will not compare to Madonna. For a second a few years ago, I thought she might be the next really big thing, like for years to come. Nope I was wrong.

Personally I like Katy Pery more than Ga Ga. Ga Ga is already a has been, unless she comes up with something soon that is is good as her Monster album.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Think Madonna was the original "out there" girl? Cher anyone?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
To worry about which one of these faux stars is better is like trying to figure out whose poop smells more. Neither one of them has done anything substantive in their entire lives. They are all costume jewelry and no beef. What a waste of time!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

At first I thought Gaga had good intentions, she said she was a big fan but no... the evidence is there

It's true that Madonna's legacy could never be destroyed

I think Beyonce is the new Madonna or Rihanna - her Billboard chart accomplishments are unbelievable.

I think its safe to say at this point that Gaga has done more than just get ideas of Madonna

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Madonna's career has been over since the early 90's. She's just been poking her head out for money here and there.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

That just sounds like slut shaming to me though

Everyone who has ever actually worked with Madonna has come away raving about her musical genuis... and that is a pretty long and impressive list of talented music producers

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm not really that wound up about it

Madonna's career is so not over

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yes it is...of course fan boys and girls will buy anything she puits out even If is her just farting but she will not pick up a younger crowd now.
Can't remember when I saw her last on telly...not that I want to she is rough.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Word

I think Gaga is massively overrated (mostly by herself) as a songwriter.. Judas was the biggest heap of crap in the history of pop music and Applause is just drivel

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

All opinion...blimey you sure do hate her and love Madonna and you say you arn't that bothered?....riiiiight

Iam out.
edit on 14-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Lol you're funny

But yeah I have to disagree.. I actually think Madonna's talent is hugely underrated.. she's so opiniated and ballsy, there's no-one else like her. I just love her

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I reckon she will be on Letterman again before he retires so that should be fun

She gets beaten up on constantly in the press about being old but anyone who actually meets her says she is unbelievably good looking in person.. never say never

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As long as the legacy of Hannah Montana is secure, I could care less.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

LOL

Um.. I don't know if you've looked in the papers lately but yeah Hannah's gone the way of Madonna anyway now

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Thats not true though, she has had massive critical and commercial success since then

I don't think she's just in it for the money though, she's got Abba money, she doesn't need it

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I can appreciate that Lady Gaga's an actual musician and she does write her own music... but original?

Yeah... No!

I can't stand Madonna - she's so washed up and gross-looking... so these two making news is like grandma saying she likes gum (it's nothing special).

Katy Perry? Yeah... she's cute!

We all know that Lady Gaga got her name from a Queen song, and we also know who she got her fashion cues from...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join