It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wrote a new book on Skinwalker Ranch happy to answer any questions you may have here.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: hiii_98

My honest opinion at this time, is that most of this is a hoax (maybe all). I feel you're ultimately weaving a false narrative and using confidence to help sell it. Some of the issues I have brought up you don't want to address. I believe it's because your evidence is weak...

Snip

I've been interested in the Skinwalker Ranch for years, and I've followed Ryan's postings (Hiii-98) for equally long. If you've spent as much time as I have (and Ryan) it would take one very mentally disturbed person to weave such an extravagant hoax over time and for such little overt gain. Regardless of whether you believe some of the stories around the ranch, I think it is pretty obvious that Hiii_98 believes some of these stories, and he has done something very few other people do; he has gotten off his butt and investigated further.

Yes, I think it's fair enough to question the ranch mythos. It's total fair enough to be skeptical of the theories that have come about, regardless of how crazy or not they may seem. I personally do not think Ryan is hoaxing - yes, it's possible he is a total sociopath, and is hoaxing just for the sake of his ego, but I think it unlikely. Looking at the amount of time and effort Hiii_98 has put into looking at the Skinwalker Ranch, I think it unlikely he is hoaxing. I suspect if someone else looked at the work he has done, they would be likely to agree with me.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
I suspect if someone else looked at the work he has done, they would be likely to agree with me.

So what is your opinion regarding questions I've raised?
Does some of it not raise an eyebrow? If not, why not?
Help me understand if I'm making a big deal of nothing.

Thank you. I did not intend to post here again unless discussion could progress between Ryan and I but your post prompted me to seek your opinion.
edit on 17-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Could you please refer me to the questions you are asking? It's a 13 page thread and I don't have time at the moment to reread the entire thing, so if you don't mind either restating, or linking to your questions, I may be better equipped to respond.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I think you are fair enough in asking some of the questions you have. I don't think Ryan is hoaxing, but you seem to have put him on the defensive. From personal experience, I can dig my heels in when I'm angry, and clam up for no reason other than simply because I'm pissed off.

Have you included all of Ryan's responses in the link you left me? I don't think a lack of adequate responses is indicative of a hoax, but I do think a lot of the incidents are of a very speculative and subjective nature. We are not presented with much in the way of cold, hard facts, but rather, we are presented with someone else's experiences, seen through their perceptive filters.

I think your questions are worth looking at, and of course if they are not answered (and avoided), this is reason to raise an eyebrow. For what it's worth, I don't think Ryan is hoaxing - I believe that he really believes these experiences have happened to him. I personally have no reason to doubt that he has witnessed, as well as experienced anomalous phenomena at the ranch. This is of course open to interpretation, but I think we should take at face value Ryan's claims. If one is unwilling to do that, quite simply, there's no reason to hang around and question whether Ryan is telling the truth or not.

As for avoidance of the questions, I'd try asking them again. It's possible that he may have issues with the way the questions are being framed - perhaps your own responses could be perceived as being antagonistic.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

imho, as a psychologist and sociologist . . .

it is IRRATIONAL to imagine that THAT MANY solid citizens would have THAT MANY earnestly told stories of personal experiences that were THAT congruent, THAT candidly told.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Timing! I watched a movie about that within a day of you posting this. Kind of creepy movie, but it didn't really clear anything up!

I'd love to hear your ideas on what this is - aliens, an actual skinwalker, evil spirits, or whatever. There are so many stories about the place, it's hard to believe nothing weird happens there. Some places do seem to have that sort of thing more than others. Any experiences you have personally had would be fascinating to hear about as well.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Fallen angels and evil spirits coming and going and causing fear and other stuff . . . in various bodily forms.

. . . contributing to the millenia long planned GREAT DECEPTION of these END TIMES. Gotta snooker the serfs and salves away from God and into the caverns of the Morlachs for dinner . . .

as the main course . . . it's the script the enemy of our souls loves.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Fallen angels and evil spirits coming and going and causing fear and other stuff . . . in various bodily forms.

. . . contributing to the millenia long planned GREAT DECEPTION of these END TIMES. Gotta snooker the serfs and salves away from God and into the caverns of the Morlachs for dinner . . .

as the main course . . . it's the script the enemy of our souls loves.

Oh, I agree! I have always though that is what this is, though I do like reading the various ideas on such cases. it's amazing how elaborate the disguises can become. Reading this made me think of the old Bell Witch case. Very creepy, that one, and very real. Clearly, in my mind, a demonic "haunting". That one, I know a bit about, being a Tennessee native, and hearing about it growing up. An uncle of mine drove to that location once, got out of his brand new car, and said (stupidly), "Bell witch, do your thing." His car never ran again - the engine block was cracked. Never did understand why he did something like that!

I suspect places like this ranch are areas they have set up a base of some sort.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiii_98
a reply to: Elijah23 Wikipedia has a horrible synopsis of the ranch, but a brief one. Any explanation I would delve into would take pages.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is pretty typical. You know, I really ticks me off to see a snake oils salesmen such as your self so blatantly try to rip people off.

He asked for a brief synopsis. So what do you do, you send him a link to a admitted horrible synopsis, and refuse to write one yourself here, even though you are the expert. All just to bump up your book sales. You know, there was a time when trash like this would have been removed from the forums all together.

What kind of writer are you that you can't sum up things in a couple of paragraphs?
edit on 17-5-2014 by VoxVirtus because: More anger....

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Well I don't know anything about the topic at all, although I am sure there are those here who do. I just wanted to stop in and thank you for taking the time to talk about your book.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Quite plausibly.

It appears that some areas have some sort of spiritually legal doorways opened because of past pacts with evil, curses, outrageously evil blood sacrifices etc.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
So I tracked down one of the scientists: "Eric W. Davis"

Did you bother interviewing him for your book? It took me all of 2 days to find him.

Interesting guy, should be approached for an interview if nothing else.
no he has already told his story, I'm looking for new information and people who will share inside information. Davis has said all that he is willing to on the topic. I believe he was further interview on the Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory show and revealed nothing new. Please don't misunderstand me, his story is monumental, however I'm looking for new fresh information/stories, documents.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

yes, it's possible he is a total sociopath, and is hoaxing just for the sake of his ego

*the following is not directed at you per se

look at all of the players involved in this mystery, its not just ME. Is the entire past team of NIDs scientists researchers and guards, the current BAASS team, newspaper reporters, the host of C2C, the previous owner, most of the neighbors, several local researchers (I'm not local), 3 other authors on this topic, and myself are all involved in a conspiracy to hoax this? All 50+ of us are social delusional sociopaths? Ridiculous . My own background I hold a Bachelor of Science Degree, graduated top of my class, wrote 2 books, have a pilot's license, and own a business with 40+ employees, and father of 2 (and I turn 38 in a few days). I'm not interested in pointless games.

This story got brought to light in 1996 , I did not become involved until 10 years later. I think WakeUpBeer is the sociopath. I can tell this discussion will now degrade, it is too bad as we had some interesting topics thrown out there to percolate on.
edit on 17-5-2014 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

Could you please refer me to the questions you are asking? It's a 13 page thread and I don't have time at the moment to reread the entire thing, so if you don't mind either restating, or linking to your questions, I may be better equipped to respond.

exactly, I will not be responding. if someone takes this as me being deceitful so be it. I'm done with this guy and I did provide a response earlier in this thread. It is an attack rather than a discussion at this point.

It's possible that he may have issues with the way the questions are being framed - perhaps your own responses could be perceived as being antagonistic.

This is exactly how I feel.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoxVirtus

a reply to: Elijah23 Wikipedia has a horrible synopsis of the ranch, but a brief one. Any explanation I would delve into would take pages.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is pretty typical. You know, I really ticks me off to see a snake oils salesmen such as your self so blatantly try to rip people off.

He asked for a brief synopsis. So what do you do, you send him a link to a admitted horrible synopsis, and refuse to write one yourself here, even though you are the expert. All just to bump up your book sales. You know, there was a time when trash like this would have been removed from the forums all together.

What kind of writer are you that you can't sum up things in a couple of paragraphs?

What gets me is the utter vitriol on this thread for the author of this book..

If you have questions fine, ask them, you arent guaranteed the response you want, thats life, stay mad or get over it.

If you want to be a skeptic be a skeptic thats fine too, but this person spent the time to write the book and the time to gather the information, the least you could do is show some damn respect.

If you dont like what this author has to say, then dont read the book, dont come on the thread.

you do have the freedom of choice..........

That is unless your just a miserable person that feels the need to demean others to make yourself sleep at night...

Just my two cents
edit on 5/17/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes the movie "Skinwalker walker" is not based on ANY facts as to the actual story. It is entirely made up. Basically just took the name for marketing purposes on a Hollywood script.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If you dont like what this author has to say, then dont read the book, dont come on the thread.

you do have the freedom of choice..........

thank you for writing that. I agree, I'm not demanding anyone get the book, like me, or even believe me. That's all your choice, your opinions, and I actually respect that. I don't appreciate feeling attacked or antagonized however, I know it comes with the territory and I'm not that thin skinned but if you have a different opinion state it and lets leave it at that. I have no nefarious agenda. I am really here to discuss the TOPIC more so than the book. Please lets keep the discussion civil.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: VoxVirtus

WOW! Piece of work you are. Ryan isn't asking you to buy his book. He isn't asking you for anything. Dude is simply making himself available to answer questions about his research. You should try to suffer the same scrutiny for nothing that you've never done. It's obvious you haven't read this thread through.

You really don't need to click a thread to debunk just because. Add something or leave it alone.

Unless you are Mr. Bigelow or Mr. Ventura, you are basically missing the point of what hiii is pointing towards.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoxVirtus

en.wikipedia.org...

if you bothered to read the entire thread you would see that I wrote more than a brief summary in a followup response. thanks for the judgment before fully reading, yes i demand you buy my snake-oil.... errr Skinwalker-oil.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join