It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: The White House Is Misleading The American People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Unfortunately its not called misleading its called Politics. Our leaders are nothing but liars in fact this wonderful system our founders set up has turned out to be nothing more than doing saying and acting in what ever manner is required to get your reelected instead of get elected and do what will make our Nation better.

All our politicians do this now on all parties. You will not find a single elected government official who strives to do the "Right" thing for we the people. They may occasionally do the "right" thing because it will keep them in power but they are not noble, nor mindful that what they do day to day is for the betterment of the Nation. Its all about keeping themselves in office, in power, in control or doing the bidding of the corporations who then hire their family members with great paying golden parachute type jobs.

We are just minions to them.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
According to Mitt Romney's former adviser Geithner is lying in part of the book when he is talking about Romney. So if this part is false then who is to say all of it isn't false? Besides he is a former Federal Reserve president and we all know how trustworthy those people are.

Mitt Romney adviser: Tim Geithner’s lying

That's funny, because the Romney camp seems to have an aversion to facts.

Neil Newhouse, Mitt Romney's campaign pollster said:

"we’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers,” Link

I don't really trust these people... I have no idea why you would.
edit on 16-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: rickynews

Oh, i bet he is.

How many bankers have had someone commit suicide on them in the last year?

So true. Although, it was a book he wanted to sell.... I'm sure there were some exaggerations in there. I'd say half of what he says is true, half falsehood.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

I think we can blame the CIA for many lies. The same CIA who lied about WMD's in iraq. I'm a bit worried about them to be honest... it seems the CIA is behind a lot of BS.

Its really one of two things, the CIA is the scapegoat for everything the white house tells them to do, regardless of who is president, or the CIA is actually the ones lying and trying to stir trouble...

Either way... I'm a bit worried about it when we cannot trust our intelligence agencies.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

According to Mitt Romney's former adviser Geithner is lying in part of the book when he is talking about Romney. So if this part is false then who is to say all of it isn't false? Besides he is a former Federal Reserve president and we all know how trustworthy those people are.

So you are citing a denial by a Romney adviser to make Geithner appear to be untrustworthy?

I would cite his failure to pay taxes instead. He called them tax 'mistakes'.

They're all a bunch of lying scumbags in sharp suits and an autocue addiction.

I'm amazed anyone with an IQ above an earthworm listens to a word these freaks say...most of the public think the worst in our societies are locked up in some hell hole of a jail cell, when really the crud at the bottom of the barrel are swaggering around the corridors of power all over the world.

We've all been hijacked and it's our own fault for allowing it to happen.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: butcherguy

So you are citing a denial by a Romney adviser to make Geithner appear to be untrustworthy?

I would cite his failure to pay taxes instead. He called them tax 'mistakes'.

They're all a bunch of lying scumbags in sharp suits and an autocue addiction.

I'm amazed anyone with an IQ above an earthworm listens to a word these freaks say...most of the public think the worst in our societies are locked up in some hell hole of a jail cell, when really the crud at the bottom of the barrel are swaggering around the corridors of power all over the world.

We've all been hijacked and it's our own fault for allowing it to happen.

Exactly.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
IMO, when more truth and facts are uncovered, we will likely learn the following:
1. Within hours, or within a day or so, President Obama was informed that it was a terrorist attack

2. The political machine and operatives within the White House saw this as a threat to the President's re-election mantra that Al Qaeda was "on the run"

3. Talking points were created to mislead the American People that the attacks were spurred by a "spontaneous protest" resulting from the anti-muslim youtube video

4. President Obama and the White House, including National Security Advisor Susan Rice and then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton continued for days and weeks with the false narrative of "spontaneous protests", when they all knew long before that it was indeed a terrorist attack.

edit on 16-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
Disregard the source for the moment and view, critically, the content. Sometimes when the boy cries wolf there really is a wolf. "Trust but verify".

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
In regards to the source, Fox news:

One poster was trying to say that because Fox is the first to say something that the topic is not valid.

Trying to convince everyone that can see for themselves (not the person who came forward stating they had instructions to mislead the public, but the course the WH has been taking since 2008 and before) It's no new revelation that the WH is trying to mislead the American public. Corruption, lies and misinformation is king there. It's what happens with politicians, especially when left unchecked. It's why we need to trade the lot in for statesmen, so we can have our rights, liberties and country back from the narcissistic, self-serving, crooks, thieves and liars. We can start by ending career politicians. Anyone who thinks the parties we associate with, the politicians who run them have yours, mine or anyone Else's interest who's not paid large sums for it - is a fool, a liar or both.

Anyone who has eyes, ears and any brain matter at all has noticed this for quite sometime....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
First off, anyone who doesn't realize the entire political theater is just that "for show"!
secondly, those of us whom still believe we are living in a democracy with a viable
constitution, will never realize the amount of rhetoric that the feds sling with their
government controlled corporate media! lastly until the majority wake up from their
prescription drug induced slumber, we will continue to live under the rule of the
unelected overclass!

PS: I get so very tired of repeating these same things and one would think that
the content in this post would be a given, considering how most of those that
frequent this site should know better of! Also, though I consider fox news to
mostly be about slinging information detrimental to the liberal politicians,
they do periodically hit the nail on the proverbial head!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
So the politicians are liars?

Who would have thunk it?

Perlease.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dustofenese
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Orrrrrr.....we get upset EVERY time the White House misleads the Public.

ever consider that option? or does it not mesh with your world view?

Or it could be that the people who consistently criticize the White House have a history of making things up and blowing other things out of proportion.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hey you know what? Geithner's dad and Obama's mom apparently crossed paths while working for the Ford Foundation doing microfinance....so do I believe that Geithner is innocent of the deal?

www.lewrockwell.com...

Maybe he is just distancing himself for political reasons, or just a gimmick to sell a book.

As a side note, I think Obama would throw Geithner under a bus. If Geithner has recanted, maybe BO has some dirty stuff on him.
edit on 17-5-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

This must be your stock answer any time you want to debate(re:discredit) a more conservative leaning opponent. Almost identical to the one you gave me in a different thread.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

This must be your stock answer any time you want to debate(re:discredit) a more conservative leaning opponent. Almost identical to the one you gave me in a different thread.

Oh, I'm sorry - was I supposed to change my opinion of Fox News et al?
Not for you, dear. Not for you.

I have spent years learning to discern between crap and actual journalism. Years. Have been published as a journalist myself, as a matter of fact (NOT in politics or religious issues). I am very well read. I can spot a hack when I see one...
I can also spot outrageous paranoia and websites built to cater to that paranoia.

If a source is not credible, they are not creditable. Have you tried looking at other's points of view? If you have, then perhaps we can have a 'debate'. If not, then you are a parrot for propaganda.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Things sure are bad huh? You'd think more people would care.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here is the thing that gets me. Ever since Nixon, the federal government has never been honest or upfront with the people. They are some of the biggest smoke and mirrors illusionists out there, using hot button issues to divert the publics attention to get more things done behind the scenes.

So why are we surprised to learn that the White House is misleading the public, if we already know that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join