It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: The White House Is Misleading The American People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

...and this excuses the actions of this current administration, how?

Oh, they've done it in the past, so it's ok if this one does it? Is that really what you're implying?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The Benghazi "scandal" has had 7 commission reports so far and it's about whether or not the WH briefings emphasized The Innocence of Muslims to downplay the role of Al Qaeda.

I totally missed it when Obama had a commission formed to perform an investigation of Benghazi, much less six more!
I bet I am not alone!

edit on b000000312014-05-14T16:18:51-05:0004America/ChicagoWed, 14 May 2014 16:18:51 -0500400000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

If you want to try and discredit Fox News, then perhaps we should ask the question as to why CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC are Not reporting this story, and seemingly continuing to cover-up and protect exposure of this story, among other stories as well, for either this President or this White House?

That's easy to explain. FOX is an extreme right wing propaganda machine just like MSNBC is an extreme left wing propaganda machine right now the GOP's rating is at a record low of 28 compared to the Democrats 43. So the republicans need something to get people to vote for them or they will lose both the House and Senate and FOX knows this so they will push this as much as they can. The GOP is acting like they care for the people that died there but they could care less about them. If they did care about them then they wouldn't have pushed to cut funding for Embassy security after the 13 Benghazi's that happened on Bush's watch. Apparently FOX only cares when a ex CIA that helped to overthrow the government of the nation he was made Ambassador of is killed at a CIA outpost that is being used to funnel weapons to terrorist.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

What? I had to watch the video a few times to even get what you are saying is misleading. It sounds like the mundane DC BS? So Geithner has a speech to give and Presidential Advisor Dan Pfieffer tells him not to cite Social Security as a Driver of the debt, where Geithner says...well...it's not a big driver, but it does contribute...so I can't say it "doesn't" contribute at all...yada...yada

THIS??? Is the big scandal? Effen Politicians arguing over language in a speech that no one listens to? about wether or not Social Security contributes to the debt either a little vs. not at all???

Hell...even Fox News was embarrassed enough about the spin they were putting on the non-story to include a question mark in their graphic...The White House Is Misleading The American People?

Ugh...both boring and desperate...

oooo...A white house advisor disagreed with Giethner on the symantics of a speech that mentioned social security while discussing the debt!

Help...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:
GEITHNER NOW BACKING OFF CLAIMS IN HIS BOOK THAT WHITE HOUSE ASKED HIM TO MISLEAD PUBLIC

Story and Video link found here: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Oh, i bet he is.

How many bankers have had someone commit suicide on them in the last year?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:
GEITHNER NOW BACKING OFF CLAIMS IN HIS BOOK THAT WHITE HOUSE ASKED HIM TO MISLEAD PUBLIC

So should this thread be moved to the hoax bin?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:

Hmmm.

He must have got one of those dreaded 3am phone calls.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I get so sick of this republican rhetoric. What I really cannot stand is the fact that these people pretend they are taking the moral high ground, when in actuality their blatant disregard for the wrongs committed while a republican was in office tells the truth about their intentions. If it truly were about right and wrong, it would not matter whether it was the left or the right doing it. But when one blatantly focuses on the wrongs allegedly committed by one political group only, noticing the agenda is not very difficult.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Am I to assume you also hate the democrat's rhetoric as well? While old Gee Dubbulya was in office most people thought I was a left winger, since I was bashing the hell out of him for his crap. Now people assume I am a right winger for bashing this admin for it's crap. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Outstanding. Now that this is understood, lets get to work focusing on the truth of the matter, rather than the motives of the scoundrel telling the story. If we keep focus, all the scoundrels will get their turn.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Investigations were conducted by the following (I think that's all of them) :

Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Judiciary Committee
House Committee on Oversight & Government Reform
State Department Accountability Review Board
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs

Now we're on to:

United States House Select Committee on Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi

edit on 2014-5-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
All are Congressional Committees.
Commissions are different, created by the POTUS, usually in the hope of getting past the partisanship of Congress.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I honestly can't believe anyone is defending Obama on this forum. Obama is as dirty as anyone else in the political game has ever been and you all know it. In the grand scheme of things, whether or not this is true is redundant. Obama has been caught red handed in so many lies, so much deceit and insidious trickery, it really doesn't matter one bit at this point whether or not they can make this one stick.

And to be honest, it bothers me a lot more that people who have never been asked to mislead the public and cover Obama's ass habitually are doing it of their own free will.

Fox News? Biased? Of course. Aren't they all? Who cares? I'll tell you what. Here is a fact that not one person can explain. How did the individual mandate end up in the Obamacare bill when Obama repeatedly said he didn't want an individual mandate? Isn't that basically a promise? That was before he was elected, naturally. Once the election was over and he was untouchable, he "changed his mind". After which time he defended that mandate tooth and nail all the way to the SCOTUS and beyond. Never once has he wavered on it since becoming president. It's got to be one of the biggest flip flops in history that has barely been touched by the media on either side.

And that's barely scratching the surface of his long list of dirt. When was the last time anyone on MSNBC hounded him for anything? If Obama gave you a tingle up your leg you probably wouldn't have many bad things to say about him either.
edit on 15-5-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I like the title. ''the White House''

Its universal, it means it doesn't matter which president is in the house, because its the House that's dishonest.

Thing with Fox News, is they'd like you to believe that the Republicans are squeaky clean and up front you beaut what a fkn ripper type of good ol folk! Where the Democrats are lying, butchering thieves.

We the people know the actual record when it comes to starting wars,terrorist attacks and bankruptcy. The Internet gave us the ability to research for our selves.

Now, I'm sure Obama's lied, people have died and our economy has taken hit after hit after hit. It has, drones and missile attacks are becoming common, there's strife all over the middle east with uprisings the flavor of the month!

Obama has not improved things, but he isn't deliberately instigating events for his, and his friends friends. The republican years over the last 3 decades have all rolled the nation into war, violence and financial blowouts - widening the income gap! Its their motive, their drive you only need to look at the people they put in power and associate with!

I would much rather an Obama, over a Mccain, Bush, Romney, Huckabee, Trump... even Hillary!

So yes, he's messed, an ambassador died. Oh my god the shock horror, a US official in a war zone was killed by militants.Its no bloody IRAQ WAR 2003 is it?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Investigations were conducted by the following (I think that's all of them) :

Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Judiciary Committee
House Committee on Oversight & Government Reform
State Department Accountability Review Board
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs

Now we're on to:

United States House Select Committee on Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi

And regardless of the number of hearings, the Truth and Facts which the American people are demanding, and are absolutely entitled to, remains elusive, and is intentionally being hidden - because certain political-types and certain media-types do not want the truth to be known to the American People, for fear of exposure - of their dirty deeds, done dirt cheap.
edit on 15-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Reading the thread title again in the midst of my sleep cycle just before going back for my 2nd sleep jump . . .

my response is

Welllllllllllllll !!!DOH!!!

And bears do it in the woods;
The Pope's Roman Catholic;
Globalists are evil tyrannical leaders directed from hell;
The earth revolves around the sun;
Ruthless taxation is a given, for now;

. . . and I'm falling asleep in my chair . . .

OF COURSE the traitorous politicos are deceiving the populace and the planet in their DESTROY ALL RUSH to Armageddon.

It's what they were chosen and 'hired' to do.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
All are Congressional Committees.
Commissions are different, created by the POTUS, usually in the hope of getting past the partisanship of Congress.

Yes, you are quite correct. I didn't even notice that I'd typed commissions. My mistake. My point still stands and that is that there's been no shortage of investigation, testifying and reporting. I didn't read all of the reports but I've read a few including the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence's report. More recently, I read through the 100 or so pages of emails released by Judicial Watch and I'm still of the opinion that Boehner, Issa, McCain, Lindsey Graham, etc are exploiting the Benghazi attack for political gain and that the alleged impropriety doesn't justify the obsession.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I read through the 100 or so pages of emails released by Judicial Watch and I'm still of the opinion that Boehner, Issa, McCain, Lindsey Graham, etc are exploiting the Benghazi attack for political gain and that the alleged impropriety doesn't justify the obsession.

Noted.
I will be patiently waiting to see if anything new comes out. My opinion is that there must be something more to this story, otherwise the Democrats would have released everything to the first committee and wouldn't think of boycotting this one, because the truth would set them free.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The OP is about whether this White House is reporting to the American People with integrity. With that, there are some that want to attack the messenger, and try to distract instead of increase their conscious awareness as to what is really going on outside in the real world -

I apologize for contributing to the messenger attack.

Of course the White House is not reporting to the American People with integrity. I think it's been about 240 years since that happened. I have been here for only half a century - and my memories of politics as a kid and now into middle age are that we NEVER get an intreguous report from the White House. Nixon got in that chopper and flew away when I was in middle school -

nevertheless, it is important to find other sources that back up a claim like this; if more than ONE site reports it, (and preferably some that are NOT anti-Obama also report it) then it's probably worth considering. I've seen too many fine people poisoned by Fox News. Sorry for the kneejerk reaction, however I thought it might assuage you to understand WHY I feel that way.

Good thread; unfortunate source integrity. Do you think there's ever a reason to discredit a messenger? I do.
At this point I don't really trust the Media OR the government: Not White House spokespeople, speechwriters, Congress, nor the POTUS himself.

edit on 5/15/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join