It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins, just miss understood

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Not a bad post. I don't see why all the "hate mail" from ATS members which I find in very bad taste.

There are a lot of hate mongers on this site and people looking to argue; not to debate your post.

I see you point and I can understand it without cutting you down.

Keep posting and don't listen to these "haters" . These "haters" (most but not all) want to insult and belittle you in hopes you will stop. DON'T STOP WRITING. SMILE AND CONTINUE ON!

EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION AND THAT IS NO REASON TO BE RUDE AND HATEFUL!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DisabledVet1

The OP is an attack on Dawkins and atheists in general

......isnt that being a 'hater'?

And you can have an opinion sure, but when you spread misinformation like the OP does it should be met and countered.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Here I read the thread title and thought, "Ooh, this is different. Dawkins is a cross dresser?" But no. Just same ol' same ol'.

Carry on.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DisabledVet1
a reply to: borntowatch

Not a bad post. I don't see why all the "hate mail" from ATS members which I find in very bad taste.

There are a lot of hate mongers on this site and people looking to argue; not to debate your post.

I see you point and I can understand it without cutting you down.

Keep posting and don't listen to these "haters" . These "haters" (most but not all) want to insult and belittle you in hopes you will stop. DON'T STOP WRITING. SMILE AND CONTINUE ON!

EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION AND THAT IS NO REASON TO BE RUDE AND HATEFUL!

Thanks I appreciate your comments
My issue with Dawkins is the same issue I have with many Christians

"I am not nasty, just defending my beliefs, trying to wake people up"

sadly defending by attacking.

It is the same old same old, but what isnt.
Nothing changes

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Me and my people (circle) have never threatened a living or passed on Soul with the levels of Hell...
So don't be so condescending!!!

I never said anything along those lines, you must've misunderstood me. Let me try and explain this better.

If being a Fundamentalist Catholic is bad, that means that Catholicism is bad. Fundamentalism in itself can not be bad. It is the subject that is bad or good. So you and your circle NOT being fundamentalists proves that there IS an issue with Catholicism as a religion. If Catholicism was entirely good, then being a fundamentalist catholic would also be good. I'm not saying that BEING religious is bad. Or that practising religion is bad. Nobody can say that. But we are able to objectively identify ethical issues within the strict teachings of a religion. Catholicism, as a religion, unquestionably has issues.

Here is a simpler example. Say someone joins the Mafia. They do all sorts of bad stuff. Now say that the person doesn't like some of the stuff that the Mafia does. So the person modifies his lifestyle to get rid of the bad stuff. Is the mafia still bad? Of course. Sure, the individual reformed and decided to not take part in the bad stuff. But the Mafia, as an entity, still has those issues. The Mafia itself hasn't changed. The same is with Catholicism. The Church is still the same, regardless of how many self-proclaimed Catholics amend their beliefs.

Hopefully that explains my point better.

Raised Catholic I was taught forgiveness... Nothing to do with a Hellfirey afterlife but a paradise for all!!!
Because Jesus loves you all!!!

That's what I like to hear!
edit on 15-5-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join