It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast Moving Object In The Sky. W/ Pictures.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Last night around 10 PM I was outside talking on the phone with a friend and sky watching; the sky was very beautiful and bright due to the moon. I decided to set up my camera and snap some pictures, while doing so I kept catching a glimpse of a small but bright light for maybe a split second so I aimed the camera in that direction and started snapping off pictures.
Camera detail:
I used my Nikon P500 on a tripod
Dimension 2592x1944
300 dpi
f/4.4
Exposure time 2 secs
ISO 800
Focal length 15mm
Max aperture 3.5
35mm focal length 84

I believe it was a UFO (unidentified flying object), it was flying pretty high in the sky, very bright, extremely fast (almost to fast for the human eye to see other than a fast glimpse) and it moved in different directions within the same area of the sky.
You decide.
PLEASE read the post carefully before posting. Planes do not move that fast nor do they change directions on a dime, also the eye is capable of seeing a airplane, RC planes, balloons and swamp gas! haha

A better view of the pictures linked below
One
Two
Three

edit on 14-5-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
What was the lapse between shots?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
How long are the exposures?

My guess would be it's an aircraft moving in the direction of the array of lights, which are navigation strobes going off as it travels. One of the shots captured four, another captured three and third was partially out of shot.

edit on 14-5-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

My guess would be it's an aircraft moving in the direction of the array of lights, which are navigation strobes going off as it travels. One of the shots captured four, another captured three and third was partially out of shot.

Two reds not on the port side for navigation lights? For all I know, it is possible, but I thought the red would be on the port side and a green one on the starboard side, otherwise, other A/C could get confused when coming near them as to whether they were traveling in the same or opposite direct as they are.
edit on b000000312014-05-14T09:48:55-05:0009America/ChicagoWed, 14 May 2014 09:48:55 -0500900000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

the obvious " first response " questions :

1 - location of sighting
1b - compass bearing to target - for eact contact
1c - declination [ angle above true horizon ] - for each contact
1d - time of first contact , 2nd , 3rd

continuity :

2 - how do you know that it was the same object ? [ I get the implication that you consider your sighting to be 3 contacts with the same phenomenon - NOT 3 different contacts ]

camera :

4 EXIF data for each shot taken

conclusions :

5 please detail how you determined velocity and altitude

this is just a " get the ball rolling " post to assist determining if this was a satellite or other aeronautic sighting , a cosmic event [ meteors ] or if further investigation is needed

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Added to my post, thanks.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Two reds not on the port side for navigation lights? For all I know, it is possible, but I thought the red would be on the port side and a green one on the starboard side, otherwise, other A/C could get confused when coming near them as to whether they were traveling in the same or opposite direct as they are.

The red strobe is on the port [left] side, which would be the side visible based on the apparent direction of travel in the photo sequence.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It certainly looks like nav lights, both red and green. How they appeared on a two second exposure like that I don't know, unless it is two aircraft in formation.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

It certainly looks like nav lights, both red and green. How they appeared on a two second exposure like that I don't know, unless it is two aircraft in formation.

I only see white and red when I blow it up.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What I don't get, is that if a government or whatever wanted to fly a secret craft, why put lights on it to begin with.

You can say all you want about flying laws and regulations, but when your the guys who make those laws and what not, you don't gotsa follow them.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2
Yes, you are correct.
I was confused about the direction of travel how the A/C was situated in the sky.
I am still confused though. Now I am confused about how the strobes did not show up as multiple streaks of light in a 2 second exposure.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yes, you are correct.
I was confused about the direction of travel how the A/C was situated in the sky.
I am still confused though. Now I am confused about how the strobes did not show up as multiple streaks of light in a 2 second exposure.

They are strobes... very short duration pulses of light. They would show up as dots which appear in different locations in the sky along the flight path. If you look at the photo closely you can see the faint white "smear" of light coming from continuous sources on the craft, also in the direction of travel.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I suppose you are right.
I expected that there would be some streaking of the light of the strobes due to the movement of the aircraft, but that would depend on the speed of the aircraft, distance from the camera and the duration of the strobe.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I suppose you are right.
I expected that there would be some streaking of the light of the strobes due to the movement of the aircraft, but that would depend on the speed of the aircraft, distance from the camera and the duration of the strobe.

I think the red light is the beacon... also a strobe. Part of the AC lights.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I only see white and red when I blow it up.

Even so the red is unmistakable, if it is white it is very poor luminosity.
More to the point though, is that Jupiter and the Moon partially cloud covered, if so the objects are likely below cloud cover.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Another example
i.stack.imgur.com...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Another example of?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Looks like a common photo showing the lights of commercial aircraft.

Exposure time 2 secs

That explains it when photographing lights that strobe.

Could you post a link to the original with the metadata intact?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
How much time passed between each shot? You said that each exposure was at about 2 seconds each (there is no EXIF data since you put the images through a paint shop, so we do not have a date time stamp).

Here's a 15 second exposure I took last spring of an air craft:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I know that different aircraft can have slightly dissimilar lighting configurations but the aircraft in my hangar (Bombardier CRJ200/900) the wing tip nav lights are static, not strobes. The only strobes are dorsal and ventral fuselage (red) and tail (white). That config would kind of match up with what is seen on the pic maybe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join