It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Lazar 25 years later...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lme7898354
Not knowing anything about the guy, but the fact that he knew about element 115 before it was discovered by the scientific community has to mean something.

When you look at a Periodic Table "Element 115" and many others are just an extrapolation of what had been already discovered. At the time Lazar was talking about it there was a gap in the table that was obvious. It's part of the pattern that starts out with Hydrogen with one proton and one electron and uses all numbers up to 118, Ununoctium. It was just a matter of time before it was filled; there are no number gaps in the table. If you wanted to make up an element, picking a number a couple beyond what was known at the time was a pretty safe bet. It's not mysterious or prescient at all. It was more common sense than anything.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

thanks! Wow. That does surprise me. He just doesn't come off to me as someone who is telling the truth or believable in those 2 interviews.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: youdidntseeme

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Really? I've never heard Bob Dean make reference to that at all. Source on this?

ATS thread 2007

I think this might help...

No, not at all. There was no substantial evidence in that thread to connect Victor with Dean, sorry!

Cheers

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: youdidntseeme
a reply to: Destinyone

Des I never knew you were in with the Lear's. That is some interesting input you have there.

Also interesting to me is that Bill Jr was supportive of his brother's claims, at least in the way to help him out by delivering the 'insurance' video.

Yes, Bill was supportive of John's early claims. As to much later in life, IDK. But, Bill was supportive of John's research on hypnosis of claimed abductees. This was 20+ years ago when I spent a lot of time with Bill Jr. The whole Lear family were involved in many government side shows LOL I've seen some pretty far out videos that I'm sure I wasn't meant to see.

There is part of me, due to being introduced to Lazar's story, by someone personally involved with him. That I can't immediately just blow the whole story off. I have the input of their emotions about it, as part of my introduction.

I'm looking forward to this particular AMA with a personal interest.

Des

+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Whether you believe his education or not, the fact is, the guy made his own particle accelerator so he'd have hydride to power his car that he converted to run on hydrogen, etc. He is a practical, and working scientist, so it makes perfect sense this is the kind of guy you'd tap to work on this kind of project.

In addition, you have to recall that Bob was really the guy who called out Area 51, the whole JANET airline flights, etc., and numerous other items that were later verified, but until Bob's claims, simply wasn't known.

Believe me, the problems with Lazar's past have always plagued me in this (a search on Lazar is what first led me to ATS, over a decade ago...), but the bottom line (for me), is that here's a guy who is incredibly smart, incredibly naive (at the time), and seems to be a guy who was told to basically shut up about it (and has done so).

It would be FAR easier for Bob, these days, to simply say, "I made it all up", but the things he revealed that were verified, and his own zeal for sticking with the story, just makes my gut say he's telling the truth as he knows it and/or was told.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

That's a discredit, not a theory. Why would they "test" him, when he was already working at Area 51? I'm sorry, but that just don't float. Once you are there, you're "in", they have a reason for putting you there.
To me, he told the truth, and it cost him dearly... just as it does with almost every UFO expert that comes out with some information.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Lets pretend for a second here that Lazars only claim ever was that he worked at a government facility and the brainy guys there discovered a new element 115. End of story. If 20 or so years later it was made public that specific element and its properties matched up with what Lazar said, that would turn heads. There would be no question that his story was real then.

At the end of the day people who dont believe the story will always find reason to discredit him no matter what. Those who believe him will never be swayed by anything to the contrary either. Regardless... its a fun read and if I were Lazar I would not subject myself to the likes of us in an AMA.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
a reply to: Springer

I would love to ask George knapp some questions. Bob Lazar had some incredible things to tell the world. Element 115 among the most outstanding. Of course there was going to be an Element 115 eventually. But the characteristics of it were dead on, and this was in the mid 1980's. Ununpentium is a crazy Element, and bob lazar knew way too much about it for us to just cast him aside.

But what about Ununpentium has ANY of the characteristics Lazar described? ie: creating an anti-gravity field when bombarded by protons?

It doesn't wash.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Whether you believe his education or not, the fact is, the guy made his own particle accelerator so he'd have hydride to power his car that he converted to run on hydrogen, etc. He is a practical, and working scientist, so it makes perfect sense this is the kind of guy you'd tap to work on this kind of project.

No offense but you could probably build a particle accelerator.

We made one in my middle school science class.
edit on 14-5-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

It would be FAR easier for Bob, these days, to simply say, "I made it all up", but the things he revealed that were verified, and his own zeal for sticking with the story, just makes my gut say he's telling the truth as he knows it and/or was told.

What was verified?

Has the secret facility he claimed to work at (S4) ever been verified?
edit on 14-5-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lme7898354
Not knowing anything about the guy, but the fact that he knew about element 115 before it was discovered by the scientific community has to mean something.

The scientific community knew there was an island of stability for elements like 115 well before Bob Lazar started telling stories.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

What did you make, a Van de Graaff generator? That might be doable, but wouldn't produce anything of value.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What was verified?

For starters, the very existence of the facility. Lazar put Area 51 in the public eye.

The fact that for 3 weeks, he knew in advance of the days and times of test flights, and these were witnessed by others, including members of the press.

The classified air transport to the base.

The road to the S-4 area was later confirmed via satellite.

Whether you believe him or not, he wouldn't have known about these things if he didn't work there (or hear from someone who did). In any case, it at least gives one reason to pause before throwing his whole story out the window.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

For starters, the very existence of the facility. Lazar put Area 51 in the public eye.

He worked at S4 though, not area 51.

He may have helped popularize area 51, but it was already publicly known before he came along. It was even mentioned in a Canadian newspaper article in the early 80's.

The road to the S-4 area was later confirmed via satellite.

I've been reading about Bob Lazar for years and this is the first I've heard of this. Do you have a link?
I've looked at satellite photos for the fences and gate he mentioned and never found anything.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'll try not to get off subject towards the end of my reply..but try and use logic...can you really make this stuff up? for example element 115...sure Imagination is an obvious fact of life..but does it come from original thinking or off something already existent? the smartest people in the world such as biologists scientists..etc. have to experiment with things to see if they work than they either don't or they do..but to suggest that all these stories, ideas, experiments, rumors, events, abductions, or whatever since the 40's just came straight out the blue sky to me is extremely ridiculous...they would be laughable and like all fads and trends get old and die out...UFOlogy HAS NOT..NOT EVEN CLOSE. If anything it's just increasing. All of this will have 2 results in my opinion..it's leading up to a fake alien invasion..or a real one...EITHER ONE is disturbing. I could keep going..but say all that to say that if Bob Lazar was making that up..then someone gave him that imformation to tell the public and it's just fabricated..OR...it's result of real imformation that someone else experienced and Lazar is just a frontman...but like i said if you just use LOGIC...even if that imformation was false there has to be TRUTH somewhere in there...i just don't think it's possible to make all that stuff up because now an in age of the net and information someone is going to fact check all this..and its funny how when they do they usually can confirm this and all this stuff about well they admited it was made up..yeah they were probably threatened to..the only problem is...people including me keep seeing stuff in the skies too much stuff..sorry..my 2cents.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

He worked at S4 though, not area 51.

Part of the same complex in essence, he'd arrive at Area 51 and be bussed to S-4.

As for the road, I've been posting here since 2002. A search for S-4 should eventually turn it up here on ATS. I'm not one to try and convince others to believe Bob, just stating I do...with much reluctance, as mostly my gut telling me, rather than my head.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Some time ago I wrongly directed a blame of being 'ed fouche' towards Stanton Friedman. I fixed that in an email with him. But with Stanton is the researcher and not the one who claims having worked with alien stuff, while Bob Lazar is, then my 'ed fouche' gun will fire at Bob Lazar.

Stanton F. claimed he is a liar. Bob's friend John Lear is also claimed to not be telling the truth at least when it comes to aliens - Lear talked about Dulce, almost confirming the wrong info about Dulce in the web, while Dulce according to Greg Valdez is not the decorated stories on the web.

So if Lear is not to be trusted, his mate Lazar - I will suppose Stanton has good reasons to claim him to be not telling the truth, especially since no evidence showing Bob Lazar telling the truth has ever been made.

I will watch the interview but I doubt what Lazar has so much to say to make people believe the 'it's aliens' story..

Why does G. Knapp believe him?
- Even if Lazar took part in some engineering at A51, what made him think it couldnt be just man-made advanced tech like the current military tech and not 'aliens'?
edit on 14-5-2014 by ImctR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Yeah I'm not going to go through 12 years of your posts to find that satellite image.

Don't you find something odd about how the Bob Lazar story is always tied to area 51 though? It's always "Bob Lazar helped put area 51 on the map". Why can't he put S4 on the map? Isn't S4 interesting enough on it's own? The focus seems to be on the wrong secret base, whether by design or just sloppy reporting.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: freelance_zenarchist

Well I did find this from Gazrok but unfortunately some of the embedded info is broken.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Whether you believe his education or not,

Believe? Is there an option here? Lazar did not attend MIT. He SAYS he attended at the same time he was attending a junior college. He SAYS he attended Cal Tech. Neither school affirms this. He had an undistinguished high school career. Bright people are often bored in school, so I don't blame him, but MIT would never have admitted him. No classmates of Lazar have ever been found. No one "remembers" him. Lazar "can't recall" when he earned his Master's degree. The one name of a professor he says taught at MIT is the same name as a professor from his junior college. These conflicts are not something the government made up; they are from Lazar's lips. The one W-2 that has surfaced is for $958.11 from a governmental department that has not existed since the 1940's. Lazar says the government "disappeared" him, but the government is not the entity that made up the professor's name: Lazar did. For such a smart guy with an amazing memory for detail of Area 51 don't you find it the least bit strange that Lazar has an amazing LACK of recall for something as important as the milestone of his culminating graduate degree from a prestigious university? He "doesn't recall" a whole lot of stuff. It sure sounds like Reagan and Iran-Contra. That he "doesn't recall" has got to be the lamest excuse ever. It doesn't make sense.

I am quite willing to "believe" that Lazar had real experiences at Area 51, as you have gone on to enumerate. But SOMETHING IS AMISS HERE and shoving it under the rug is not going to make it go away. It's a big elephant in the room. For God's Sakes, DEAL WITH IT!

Now maybe the simple explanation is that in a fit of exasperation in replying to people asking him, "What are your credentials anyway?" he made it up. I can see that happening to a young man being a little careless and tired of questions which he believed to be irrelevant. And once you tell the lie it might be difficult to back-peddle, especially when you're in the midst of media scrutiny. I could see him doing that and I could accept that explanation.

But he won't come clean. He just ignores the issue as many here are, pretending it doesn't exist. And because of it, he occupies the same realm as Phil Imbrognio, who faked an MIT degree for years, and Dan Burisch, surely one of the most pathetic creatures ever to 'grace' the UFO field.

And the thing is, ALL he has to do is say something like, "Yup, I faked the education because I was under pressure and was tired of the questions I felt were stupid. I wish I hadn't, but that's what I did and I regret it. The rest is a true account of my experiences. Believe it or don't; I don't care. I've got a business to run."

And THAT would be the end of it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I see a kind of parrellel between Obama and Lazars background between whats verifiable and what the deniers think. One became president while the other just, well fizzled out. I would love to get Mr.Lazar on ATS "ask me anything"!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join