It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Lazar 25 years later...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: wrathofall
Wow! Bob lives in Michigan now?!?!?! I wonder where? Off to search for scientific supply companies...

Edit: Well that didn't take long...found him!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I think the best theory is that he was a CIA plant. He was paid to spread BS. I think it was a ploy to try and play on the UFO mystique round area 51. He was likely given his back story, shown some area in the base so he seemed credible when he lied and also to help with his creditably was given some true science to say, 99.99% was likley lies but 0.01% may have had a smidgen of truth.

Why? So all the the nosy public and foreign spys are busy chasing UFO rather than actually chasing real things the government wants to keep secret like Stealth bombers, Drones and spy planes.

Explains:
Why he was buddy buddy with John Lear a CIA agent
How he could describe some areas in the main base like the canteen
Still have government contracts for his supply company.

I remember many years ago in Palo Alto Ca. Good friend then Bill Lear gave me a VHS in a plain white cardboard cover, telling me it was the video his brother John had made as *insurance* for Bob Lazar. I still have that in a box in storage, I need to pull it out as it was the first video John and Bob had made together.

IDK, if it was the one that was passed out, with the goal of protecting Bob from having something done to him. I do remember when watching it multiple times, he did appear frightened. Very young and frightened.

I too, still sit on the fence on some of his claims. I really am looking forward to this AMA, with Lazar as the topic.

Des

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Wow! Bob lives in Michigan now?!?!?! I wonder where? Off to search for scientific supply companies...

Edit: Well that didn't take long...found him!

This is the company that Bob Lazar owns. Has been featured on CtoC.

www.unitednuclear.com...

Des

edit on 14-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The reason Lazar has not been killed is because he is a complete phony, and a rather bad one at that. It serves TPTB much more to have a living fraud running around telling his story here and there, than a dead one who would suddenly be validated by his mysterious death.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'd rather for an AMA, "Victor", the guy who supposedly filmed the alien interview. I have a feeling he's going to be hard to track down.

If not, I'm still down for a Bob Lazar AMA...maybe I can ask if he saw the video and his thoughts on it/see if he can confirm or deny

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Explains:

Factually inaccurate. Lear was a contract pilot, not a "CIA agent". He flew for a company that had a contract with the CIA.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Lazar sounds credible, of course. But the fact is that it was HE who made the claims of being educated at MIT and Cal Tech when neither had heard of him. he even obfuscated a professor's name that just happened to be teaching at the community college Lazar attended. Now he has described this scenario as government trick of obfuscation to discredit him, and if you want to believe that here on ATS, go right ahead.

But it makes no sense in context. He can't even find a single classmate who remembers him. There's plenty of information here on the web, including on ATS, that goes into great detail on these issues. So go research them to get a full accounting.

But the fact remains that had Lazar NOT made these claims, claims that have been solidly refuted, then his story would be even more credible. It would be terribly difficult to poke holes in his story if he hadn't said that stuff. People who are negative on Lazar would either have to go neutral or come up with a lot better explanations for why he is a fraud, including deeply scientific ones that most of us, quite frankly, could not follow. But it's easy to understand a fake degree. Everyone understands the concept. Of course, except for a couple of oblique and vague references, they never mentioned the specifics of these claims on the new news broadcast. He got a pass.

The only thing that makes sense is that he set this stuff up intentionally knowing he would be found out.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I wasn't going to post it. But I guess it's well know.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'd love to have a George Knapp AMA about Bob Lazar. If we could get an AMA with Lazar himself, well, can't beat that!

I have to say I'm a little skeptical of Lazar's claims. I'm inclined to think the US gov was feeding him a bunch of bull to further a disinformation campaign to conceal tech research during the Cold War.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

I'd rather for an AMA, "Victor", the guy who supposedly filmed the alien interview. I have a feeling he's going to be hard to track down.

Not really , Victor was Bob Dean.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
a reply to: Springer

I would love to ask George knapp some questions. Bob Lazar had some incredible things to tell the world. Element 115 among the most outstanding. Of course there was going to be an Element 115 eventually. But the characteristics of it were dead on, and this was in the mid 1980's. Ununpentium is a crazy Element, and bob lazar knew way too much about it for us to just cast him aside.

This is the one reason I hold out some faith he was actually telling the truth.

Also the fact he managed to take a couple of his buddys out at the right time when they were doing tests on something is quite interesting, or just the coincidence of the year.

Good luck United Nuclear

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If Lazar was telling the truth then our government is a complete sham. If they have had access to advanced alien technology of this nature that if backward engineered could have saved many lives, possibly provided free energy and god knows what else then our government has been criminal in its negligence to its people. Just knowing there are aliens that could be a threat to us and not informing us is criminal after all this time. Again I'll say it. Our leaders are not our overseers the lead us by our consent.

I really hope he was lying because if not...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Not really , Victor was Bob Dean.

Really? I've never heard Bob Dean make reference to that at all. Source on this?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am not sure about the facts Lazar presented..so ultimately I don't dig too much into that, because the nature of the discussion is slightly stupid.
it boils down to this:

BL-I have secret information
X1-It can't be true, because I don't know of it!
BL-Well, generally speaking, you don't know secrets..hense why its a secret
X1-ok, but why doesn't the science make sense?
BL- Because..aliens. that's why!

So, ultimately I don't know, but I do know this
Bob Lazars' story changed the very culture and discussion of the ufo stuff..the influence of the story continues on today and has jumpstarted all sorts of brilliant science fiction ponderings. It has been a pretty cool dream he spoke of..If it was real? we may never truly know, but I give props for such an interesting tale to tell...and if it inspired some people to get into the sciences, then it was 100% worth it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 14-5-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A huge conundrum. The claims are wild and the guy making them is shady (in the best Las Vegas meaning of that term). There are a disturbing series of validations that make this story hard to totally discount, though. I waiver on it.

It was easy to blow it off at face value, but harder when one really delved into it... so... dunno.

Definitely a snake pit of spooks.

And the thing that gets me is that there IS something seemingly alien tooling around our airspace... so the premise is somewhat sound... even if the guy seems iffy.

ETA and my own gut says he was telling the truth as he knew it... but my gut has been wrong before (and is sometimes full of it, too, so... ?)
edit on 5/14/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Des I never knew you were in with the Lear's. That is some interesting input you have there.

Also interesting to me is that Bill Jr was supportive of his brother's claims, at least in the way to help him out by delivering the 'insurance' video.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Really? I've never heard Bob Dean make reference to that at all. Source on this?

ATS thread 2007

I think this might help...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Not knowing anything about the guy, but the fact that he knew about element 115 before it was discovered by the scientific community has to mean something.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I think the best theory is that he was a CIA plant. He was paid to spread BS. I think it was a ploy to try and play on the UFO mystique round area 51. He was likely given his back story, shown some area in the base so he seemed credible when he lied and also to help with his creditably was given some true science to say, 99.99% was likley lies but 0.01% may have had a smidgen of truth.

Why? So all the the nosy public and foreign spys are busy chasing UFO rather than actually chasing real things the government wants to keep secret like Stealth bombers, Drones and spy planes.

Explains:
How he could describe some areas in the main base like the canteen
Still have government contracts for his supply company.

I remember many years ago in Palo Alto Ca. Good friend then Bill Lear gave me a VHS in a plain white cardboard cover, telling me it was the video his brother John had made as *insurance* for Bob Lazar. I still have that in a box in storage, I need to pull it out as it was the first video John and Bob had made together.

IDK, if it was the one that was passed out, with the goal of protecting Bob from having something done to him. I do remember when watching it multiple times, he did appear frightened. Very young and frightened.

I too, still sit on the fence on some of his claims. I really am looking forward to this AMA, with Lazar as the topic.

Des

I agree with Destinyone, besides the time frame when he came foward with the info there was a lull in information, so why would the CIA stir up a hornets nest by bringing any of this up? The CIA is based on secrecy and disinformation and bringing up subjects such as element 115 and area 51 S4 wouldn't have done anything good for their cause

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join