It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking At Tears Under A Microscope Reveals A Shocking Fact.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
One day Rose-Lynn Fisher wondered if her tears of grief would look different compared to her tears of joy, so she began to explore them up close under a microscope.

She studied 100 different tears and found that basal tears (the ones that our body produces to lubricate our eyes) are drastically different from the tears that happen when we are chopping onions. The tears that come about from hard laughter aren't even close to the tears of sorrow. Like a drop of ocean water each tiny tear drop carries a microcosm of human experience. Her project is called The Topography of Tears. Source

Tears from an onion

Tears of change.

Tears from laughing.

Tears of remembrance

Tears of release.

View the link SOURCE for more images.

Is it just me or do these images resemble aerial maps?

There are threads and stories about how mood can affect water crystals tears seem to follow this phenomena. This also reminds me of the movie the Last Mimsy where mankind is almost destroyed in the future so they send a toy back in time to collect human tears.

I can predict that within 100 years there will be technology that will analyze saliva and tears which could reveal ones mood, health, or reveal deep consciousness. There is a reason why nature does this. This reason is unknown to us.

Why do you think nature does this, is it an accidental byproduct of mood? Mood and its affect on electromagnetic fields could play a part.This mutation survived the test of time so it must be needed.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is pretty neat! Thanks

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Awesome stuff! Never thought about tears this way, after reading the source... just WOW.

Thanks for this OP!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder
There are threads and stories about how mood can affect water crystals tears seem to follow this phenomena.

If we take the article at face value, I really don't see the link between this and the thoroughly debunked "emotions affect water" idea:

Different types of tears have distinct molecules. Emotional tears have protein-based hormones including the neurotransmitter leucine enkephalin, which is a natural painkiller that is released when we are stressed. Plus, the tears seen under the microscope are crystallized salt and can lead to different shapes and forms.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
God...

hormones, and a whole range of chemicals make us feel how we feel.

If you are happy, guess what? you are full of lots of things that make you feel happy.
If you are sad, melancholy, angry, depressed, nostalgic, the things that make you feel that, strong enough to cry, are physical changes.

That some substance ends up in the fluids you leak from your skull no less...

Does not mean that we are making funny water and no that study on water, was a scam. It's all a scam, when you want truth and not just to believe in something airy. but if you want to ignore the truth, hey, pink unicors on mars man, they make you love so hard your heart bursts.. and you become cupid. I sweat.. Prove it wrong.. with TRUTH.

no.. your tears will NOT be used to determine anything.. a simply blood test will do that.

hey blood.. it changes according to your physical status... If only we could cry tears of blood.

Sorry man I dont mean to be .. I just am ugh at when it's one thing made into another as this article tries.. and so many people willing swallow.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It would have been nice with some more pic's of the same state to compare, can't really judge from one pic. if there is a pattern.

Interesting anyway.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

There are so many unknown variables that affect matter. Matter can be affected by just observing it, therefore I would not dismiss any possibility considering the ignorance and infancy of our understanding of the nature of things.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Interesting. I wonder what would happen if while you are cutting an onion, you start thinking about the loss of a loved one, and you start crying, while the onion is bothering your eyes at the same time?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

Yes, we don't know everything but that doesn't mean we don't know anything. There is no evidence for emotions affecting water or water having an emotional memory and there is no reason or mechanism to suggest that this could ever be the case.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't necessarily think it serves a purpose in nature, but I do think it is interesting. The way the tears are created and excreted due to your physical and emotional state at the time would make sense that they look different. Very cool

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

New research from the Aerospace Institute of the University of Stuttgart in Germany supports the theory that water has a memory themindunleashed.org...

There are studies into this. There are unseen forces that act upon matter.
Does water have memory? Can it retain an “imprint” of energies to which it has been exposed? This theory was first proposed by the late French immunologist Dr. Jacques Benveniste, in a controversial article published in 1988 in Nature, as a way of explaining how homeopathy works. Benveniste’s theory has continued to be championed by some and disputed by others

There will always be arguments in science which it cannot exist without.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

The images to me look like maps. I wonder if this is a phenomena of the fractal theory.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Great topic but it's already been posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add comments to the existing thread.

top topics

join