It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia moves to prohibit the U.S. from using the ISS in 2020

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Guess the argument about SpaceX won't hold up?? They will be taking us to the ISS starting probably next year. They only have a few more trials to go. They are already sending supplies there, just finished the 3rd delivery.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

www.SpaceX.com there's you answer...

Commercial a long way out? Have you been hiding? www.scaled.com www.
Another www.bigelowaerospace.com

Seems there IS alternative ways to get to space. Although BA uses Russia to launch...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the links Wrabbit. Haven't yopu heard? Its American to throw things away. I know. I've been a dumpster diver.

Life aboard the ISS

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

They cant decide how the ISS is used on their own. We built allot of whats up there and provided allot of the equipment they use.

Russia needs to stay true to the oath they took along with every other member of the ISS program to not let politics influence the ISS program. It is humanities first combined effort to maintain a human presence in space.

Russia would literally be going against every other partner on this. They cant bar one or all of the other members. Plain and simple. Also, Shame on them for trying. Politics has no place in dictating how Human progress is carried out.

And as far as everyone saying that the US is bankrupt, or not technologically up for it....Russia uses a fractal banking system too. They are at the mercy of the world Bank and the IMF too. If WE are broke, THEY are broke.

The US and its allies have more technological advancements already developed and perfected which we dont release for defence purposes than all of Russia and its allies combined. We still have the best military R&D on the planet, silicone valley, the best technology schools which students of technology flock to from all over the world...even Russia, and we have the infrastructure to produce a game changer at any given moment. That all still holds true.

No one is broke, since no real money exists. How we choose to use our credit is another story. Whether it reaches the general public and at what rate before they start paying interest on it is what we are talking about when we say a COUNTRY is broke or not.

Russia better play nice or their decade and a half of recovery will be short lived.

edit on 5 14 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

And the same holds true with the USA they need to play nice or there debt foundation could be pulled from under them.

Its economic mutaly assured destruction, USA goes down it takes the world with it, likewise China, Russia and the EU can trigger collapses of there own which could end up with US debts hitting crisis point and again we are all screwed either way no one has the advantage and can screw over everyone else. So dont act too smug.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hey Ewok,

Of coarse you would call my attitude smug for denouncing the obviously wrong actions of Russia. They are threatening the stability of human progress as a single effort by our species over a temporal political reason....but hey it is the US they are sticking it to huh...I guess that makes it Ok.

You dont surprise me anymore.

I read your posts and the spite just oozes from them.

Tell me again how this couldnt affect your own nations standing on the ISS if it were to find itself in the same position as the US now. You like the fact that one member of the ISS program can threaten to cut off the others?

dont answer. I already know the response. F the US at all costs, even if it hurts your own society in the long run....

EDIT TO ADD:
We arent as financially interdependent as you think. Russia lost its last hand and bought back into OUR game. Europe and the US as a single entity hold all the keys to monetary stability under our current system. We are the dealer....the house...and they are our guests.

Everything else you think you know is irrelevant. The US federal reserve, the bank of england, and the word bank and the IMF could make Russia the homeland of cavemen in less than a decade and the rest of the world wouldnt even flinch.

They could collect THEIR debt, and not our own.....thats the beauty /horror of our current financial model. It really is absolute power.

Last I checked the US is still useful to that end. Russia is just recently coming into the play. Their "necessity" is not entirely proven like the US´s near 70 years of worth has been proven to the power elite of this world. Money, cultural influence and military force talks and BS walks. We have and do pay our share...they just do...as of now.

edit on 5 14 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
As reading comprehesion for you is as weak as my spelling lets break it down for you shall we.

1) spite? What spite? Im pointing out the US has a HUGE debt problem and one bad market day from a economic crash. Thats not spite that actual fact!

2) i have no problems in denouceing Russia im not a fan of there actions. Guess what being critical of the USA does not make one by defualt a supporter of Russia? Novel idea right?

3) what I find smug is the attitude you have that the USA is in some invinsible position.....its not. Arrogance that you display causes super powers too die. Surprising I dont want to be around when the US does fall (and it will one day) but id rather it be later than sooner. But arrogance, smug and carefree attitudes wil quicken that demise.

4) you dont seem to get the idea or concept of debt, you have to pay it back at some point. That 17 trilion is not free money, defualt on your debt and your currency becomes as worthless as crap.

5) china could dump US bonds and cause your debt bomb to go bang, yes they will go bang too, hense why I said mutaly assured economic destruction.

6) Russia for the nect few years could cut gas off to Europe, that would trigger a crisis that could bring the Eurozone down, eurozone collaspes and the western finacial markets take a hit and we may end up with a that bad market I refered to ealier. But yes Russia too would go under, hence mutaly assured economic destruction.

7) Im not f'ing Russian im british!

Far as I see words and silly tit for tat polical like in the OP are the only things the world players can do, economic or military war .

Is that "anti american" or just a cynical picture of how fragile the worlds economic system is?

If its the first then please feel free to go burry your head in the sand and chant "USA USA USA" and hope for the bedt.
edit on 14-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join