I've lost all respect for the term Racist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

Yes I do. Its about 40 percent white 60 percent black in the parish.

For every black man stealing, there's a white one stealing somewhere.

Not sure why you're bringing up stealing, but sure.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

I agree. I know exactly what you mean. Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. As someone who lives on the border of a predominately black city with a predominately white suburbs, I can say that it is easy to form stereotypes as you travel between the various neighborhoods. I'd say I'm lucky because I've seen many walks of life during my lifetime, but if you don't get out much or travel a lot, and your entire experience with a different race involves them doing a or behaving a certain way, you are eventually going to think that ALL people of this race do that. It's inevitable. To deny this is to deny reality. It doesn't make it wrong, some are even true (black people on average ARE more athletic than white people). The WRONGNESS comes from when you start thinking that those differences make you BETTER than that race. And that is something that is lost on many who cry racist all the time.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I've lost all respect for bias.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
You're a racist!
FO!
You hate blacks, Hispanics, Asians, women and gays.
FO!
It's true isn't it?
No please, go fk yourself!
Racist!
FK OOOOOOFF!

That's how you handle that mess.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: kruphix

People claim they aren't racists...but are radically against illegal immigration....but for some reason only on the southern border.

Illegal is not a race. Just because most illegals happen to be from South of the border, people assume that those against illegal immigration are racist against those who are from there. It doesn't matter how many times we tell people they are assuming, just knowing we are against illegal immigration paints us as a racist, hateful, disgusting etc.

You clearly didn't comprehend what I was saying.

No where did I say that "illegal" is a race. But there are people out there that claim they are against "illegal immigration"...and yet they only focus on the Mexican border. Put up a wall, put up guard towers, put up snipers, put up landmines...it's ridiculous how overly extreme they are with the Mexican border. They completely ignore the northern border...where there is are illegal immigrants that just walk right through.

There is no logical reasoning for this except for one...and that is they aren't so much against illegal immigration as they are against the type of person who is illegally immigrating.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I would called that "specific" illegal immigration.

As a Canadian, i can walk thru any opening in the northern border, without passport, visa or any ID, without getting blown apart.(non check point)

The truth is, Not all against illegal immigrations are racist but many use that policy to be racist and blame their life problem on immigrants.
edit on 5/16/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just add on to the list of stereotypes.

Black people steal.
White people are racist.
Asians can't drive.
Indians are cheap.
natives are prone to alcohol addition.

Hey.. if the stereotypes were derived from something, then all above must be true?

edit: why i abhor stereotypes as well is because it applies someone else's action on to me, all because he and i share the same skin tone?

Profiling is nasty, treat each person as an individual. soon as i see someone generalize, themeaning is lost.
edit on 5/16/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Like I said in a prior post, I don't believe any stereotypes are true across an entire group of people, BUT stereotypes exist for a reason. To deny this is just denying reality. The key is to recognize that there may be some truth to them, not let them determine a race's standing among other races, and move on.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Some stereotypes were purposely started to dehumanize a people so that the natural resources could be stolen.
It happened to my state. Inbreeding has always been against the culture here, but yet, it's in hollyweird movies and NY writers material. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, because it has....in every state and every country. Some make it seem like it's the norm in Appalachia, but it just isn't so. They also like to portray all of us going barefoot and living in shacks and so dumb that we don't know anything. Eli Roth has made a movie career with that lying crap. The same with identifying southern accents with low-IQ. That's been programmed into people by TPTB.

But I do agree that some stereotypes may be true. Not going to go into which ones but facts don't lie.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Yes. I will agree to that as well. And that's why I say that you have to understand that the stereotype, no matter what it may be or how much it may appear to be true is NEVER true for the entire segment of the population. It's a key distinction that needs to be made.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Racists was invented by the Marxist that why the Democrats always use it . They try to incite race wars. U know keep the public fighting and hating each other while they continue to loot the public.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Amen

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
No, racism happened naturally because of differences in behavior, actions, and living choices. It's a natural thing. Doesn't mean that people can't be friends or love one another, it will always be in the back of everybodys mind. Just my opinion.
edit on 17-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I would like it if we elected people without seeing them or even hearing their voice to determine gender.

I think it would be a very different world if we elected people based exclusively on their thinking, their ideas and their plans.

Also wonder quite often what the world would be like if everyone was blind. You would have to go by how a person spoke, smelled and made you feel. You would have to judge people by how they affected you.

There are times when I think it would be nice. Isn't that a shame?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
People are always going to have their predispositions and prejudices. I wonder if we can determine when they enter into our hard wiring from doing studies on children and animals who often show no bias.
edit on 18-5-2014 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join