It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've lost all respect for the term Racist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuniorDisco

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JuniorDisco

Fine. Believe what you want. I've provided my proof. Take it or leave it. I brought up this matter and was called racist for it. If you don't want to believe that is exactly what I was talking about, that is on you. It looks like you will feel the same way about any other examples I bring up so I shall not be assisting you with this request anymore. Feel free to continue with any other part of the discussion though.

You haven't brought up any examples. Your first one doesn't exist and your second one is you being called racist for saying things that are a bit racist.

Way to make your point.

I said things that weren't entirely politically correct. That is all. If you think that is racism then that is your problem.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I said things that weren't entirely politically correct. That is all. If you think that is racism then that is your problem.

That's a matter for debate. But what remains a fact is that neither in this thread, nor the other one, was "the race card" played in the way that you characterised it in your original post. And you therefore have been unable - even with all the millions of examples you say are out there - to provide one single instance of a cry of 'racist' being used to shut down a debate or silence somebody.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Maybe take an internet break for a while IMO:

Since the 90's it's kinda of forced us into realizing that there are 7 billion other people, nice or not, on this planet that may or may not be identical to you - this site is a fine example of how that can cause a stir. Our numbers alone make division among people inevitable without any outside influence from anything else. It's not just terms or political correctness - it's just different people being different people. Political correctness wouldn't exist IMO if there were only 500 people in the world. It comes with population and so does politics.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Actually, the race card was originally played in this thread on page 2 by comparing my actions and therefore my character to an alleged racist. This comparison was later confirmed by the poster. This happened before I said ANY politically incorrect things. Then for the next 2 pages we debated MY character instead of the points in my thread. The poster NEVER debated the points in my OP and we focused on me and my thoughts the entire time. Completely off topic. That is text-book race card playing resulting in deflecting the actual points of the thread. Granted the debate wasn't completely shutdown, but that is only because I didn't want to give into the racist accusations. Sorry that you don't see that, but it's true. Do you have any other concerns that you'd like to address in this thread? Or are we going to keep playing this silly song and dance for another 2 pages?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Floydshayvious

So I should take a break from the internet because people can't be bothered to think carefully about the accusations they are throwing out before they throw them out? It's all fine and good and I should just be happy that I can anyone can get called racist at the drop of a hat for holding an opinion that isn't necessarily the most popular one currently? First off, why is that my fault? And why cannot or should not voice my concerns? Do you think everything is ok with how the word is used?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm really finding that the word "racist" is becoming the 21st century version of a witch hunt. It's so easy to "out" a racist and it doesn't take much to get everyone to believe you. Did you happen to say something politically incorrect? RACIST! Do you want to talk about a sensitive issue involving minorities or even a minority maturely? To bad, because you're a RACIST!

These days we don't burn people for accusations such as these, but I want to direct people to very REAL parallels between accusations of being racist in the 21st century and accusations of being a witch in the 17th century. All it takes is for you to get on the wrong side of someone, slip up with your words a small bit, and they just call you a racist. It's not even hard for them to twist your words around to make you sound worse than you really are. Once the public gets the initial picture of the person in their head as a filthy racist, they start making all sorts of other assumptions about them and the picture gets worse and worse.

This is extremely troubling as a simple accusation of racism could RUIN your life. People have lost their careers over things they said YEARS ago. It's a truly terrifying word these days and with the criteria for being "racist" being so blurred and uneven, ANYONE could be a victim of this. The whole country has become Salem in 1692

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Easy bro just saying you seem put off by jerks on the internet - so yeah take a break.

Unless you like the steam?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Nah it's fine. I'm good on that. I understand how jerks on the internet get. It's more just this topic of conversation, because of the power of the word, it is easy to lose control of your emotions. Obviously my emotions got the better of me at times here, but I feel good that I restrained myself from violating the T&C and believe me, it almost happened a few times.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Actually, the race card was originally played in this thread on page 2 by comparing my actions and therefore my character to an alleged racist. This comparison was later confirmed by the poster. This happened before I said ANY politically incorrect things. Then for the next 2 pages we debated MY character instead of the points in my thread. The poster NEVER debated the points in my OP and we focused on me and my thoughts the entire time. Completely off topic. That is text-book race card playing resulting in deflecting the actual points of the thread. Granted the debate wasn't completely shutdown, but that is only because I didn't want to give into the racist accusations. Sorry that you don't see that, but it's true. Do you have any other concerns that you'd like to address in this thread? Or are we going to keep playing this silly song and dance for another 2 pages?

Actually you responded to him, not he to you. He made a general, on-topic point in a thread that is, after all, about playing the "race card". Mentioning race and racism is therefore hardly off topic.

You then weighed in with a series of responses that took the thread in a certain direction and highlighted what you call your "politically incorrect" ideas. You can hardly blame the other person.

So I'm still waiting for one of these millions of examples you claimed to have. I suspect that I will wait a long time, given that they suddenly seem terribly hard to find.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I should just be happy that I can anyone can get called racist at the drop of a hat for holding an opinion that isn't necessarily the most popular one currently?

Do you genuinely think that regularly happens?

Can you give me an example of someone calling somebody else a racist for holding an opinion that is not racist but is not currently popular? Really?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuniorDisco

Actually you responded to him, not he to you. He made a general, on-topic point in a thread that is, after all, about playing the "race card". Mentioning race and racism is therefore hardly off topic.

You then weighed in with a series of responses that took the thread in a certain direction and highlighted what you call your "politically incorrect" ideas. You can hardly blame the other person.

So I'm still waiting for one of these millions of examples you claimed to have. I suspect that I will wait a long time, given that they suddenly seem terribly hard to find.

No, sorry, that was his first post of the thread. Not to mention I tried several times to get him to comment on the things I was mentioning in the OP. Obviously nothing I show you will be good enough proof for you, so I'm done with you. Enjoy your day. I bid you good day. If you feel free to discuss any other points in this thread, I'd be happy to oblige but until then you and I are done.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Whether you take his points as valid or not, they can hardly be called deflection because they are in a thread about race and the race card. If this was a thread about immigration or crime, and he called you a racist with no supporting evidence, then that would be close to what you are claiming. But it's hardly off topic to discuss your racial politics in a thread you've strated about racial politics.

So as such I don't think this thread, or your other non-example qualify. Which as I say leaves you a very large number short of the very large number of race cards you claim are landing all over the place. I'm happy for you to take this as a cue not to respond, but I'd observe that claiming something for which you can provide no evidence whatsoever is not likely to convince anybody. Apart from racists.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
How can you tell the difference between someone with a legitimate criticism and a person using a topic to promote their own personal bias?

Have you come up with a punchline to this joke?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You don't. You can have an agenda and still express legitimate criticism. Both are not mutually exclusive.

And EVERYONE has an agenda. Even anti-BS (pragmatism) is an agenda in a world full of #.

Wrong. I don't have an agenda.

Why would you think that everyone has an agenda? Don't you think there are genuine human beings in existence? Corporations, politicians, lawyers and other evil people have agendas, good humans don't.

There are some really sweeping generalizations written in this thread. Someone said there will ALWAYS be bigoted, racist and ignorant people.

Really?

Always? Now we are predicting the future, and not just a few thousand millennia, but the WHOLE ETERNITY? One sweeping prediction, and everyone lets it slide.

I don't understand people of Terra, I really don't. I have tried for decades, and always they say something as mad as this. Both of these statements are clearly wrong, and sweeping generalizations without much deeper thought put into them.

1) Plenty of people have no agenda. Why would they? What good is an agenda, if you are not some kind of a manipulative jerk?

2) Eternity is pretty long, my friends, and to say "always", is a dangerous and foolish thing to say. Basically, if you don't clarify it, you become a liar, when you say it, because future is not yours to define. You don't know what will happen tomorrow, because it's not here yet (unless you are reading this in 'tomrorow', but of course that can never be, because today's tomorrow, is not the same tomorrow as tomorrow's tomorrow, so even if you read this tomorrow, there's still a new tomorrow for you, waiting.. (and never really arriving)). Even if what you predict actually happens exactly as you predict it, you are still a liar, if you say it as a fact, because you don't own the future, you can't say things about it as facts without lying. Same goes for promises - that's why Jesus told us not to ever promise anything, because even if you fulfill the promise, it is still a lie, because when you made it, you didn't know whether you could fulfill it or not in the future.

Stop talking about the future as if you own it! Live in the moment, and talk about what you can own and know.

The Universe changes constantly, and civilizations have been born, evolved into perfection, so that they have not contained even one 'racist', 'bigot' or 'ignorant' being, and yet you (who made the claim, I mean) are here claiming, that these kind of individuals will ALWAYS be there! Don't you see how ludicrous that is? Why would there be beings who simply stop evolving FOR ALL ETERNITY at one point? Why do you think that such a terrible fate would ever happen? In that worldview, where is the Divine mercy?

As my opinion, I think you are wrong - based on what I know about the structure of the Universe, and how it evolves, it would be impossible for there to ALWAYS be 'racists', 'bigost' and 'ignorant' people. From what we know about forms, and other such things, it's all temporary. Nothing is forever, except energy and thus the Divine Spirit that we all have a piece of inside of ourselves. The soul is eternal, the rest of the bodies aren't. Personalities certainly aren't eternal.

I don't know what happens in the future, but based on what we all should know, how can you even suggest that the Universe would stop its cultivation and the whole process for a few individuals, that would then ALWAYS have to be on the same, exact level, never evolving? Why do you make such a claim?

And I am addressing my questions to the individual who typed the claim, of course - I realize I am replying to two separate posts in one post, because I didn't want to create a separate posts.

I have no agenda, and I wonder how such a twisted worldview got born, that insists that everyone must have one.. there's something really screwy about such a way of thinking.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Your kidding me right? This is your Argument "I am going to use this axe to do surgery because I hate people who use axes to do surgery!" You are saying you have lost respect for an entire word because people use the word too broadly? You are acknowledging that people are using the word too generally for situations that may be more complicated and should be used more precisely , but in your response you do not use the precision that you want others to uses.

The word has meaning for a reason, Racism is a thing, as a white person I see it all the time when people of color aren't around. It makes me sick. The racist usually use this strange logic bending and claim racism does not exist, like Ann Coulter says, but they then practice and believe in racist ideologies, like Paul Ryan, while at the same time say Racism doesn't exist! A lot of them have used your argument too! That because people are incorrectly lableing some situations as racist, that means none of the racist tactics that ARE going on are no longer racist. Its #ing hypocritical bull# you see from Russian separatist in Ukraine to, claiming to be peaceful while at the same time beating and throwing stones at any opposing view. Using rhetoric to hide their actions. #ing pathetic.

edit on 15-5-2014 by Patriot76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2014 by Patriot76 because: Typos ARRRGGHGGGH Wrote in haste

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriot76

I never denied either of the two following things: That racism still exists and that hypocrites exist. In fact I even acknowledged in my opening post that racism still exists.

But that is the point I'm trying to make. Racism still DOES exist. It is still VERY real, but the term used to label REAL hate has been watered down so much by people using it for every little slight against them or minorities that just like in the story, "the boy who cried wolf" I (and many others) don't respect the cries of racicm/racist anymore. Which is a bad thing because when real racism rears its head no one will will pay attention to the cries from the oppressed.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

My point still stands, you shouldn't "loose respect" for an entire word just because people abuse it. The parable about the boy who cries wolf has multiple morals to learn and not just the one that says stop abusing words , but the other that says we need to stay vigilant, and take every cry seriously, because there will be wolves. The SWAT teams of America know that, they take every call as a real call because they know people will abuse it.

Racism has been talked about a lot more because we are FINALLY taking it seriously. Sterling and that other ass, and people like him have been Racist for a long time. Its not a recent development, its just that we are now finally growing the backbone to do something about it. People also have been abusing the word since its creation! That's not new either, people abuse a lot of words, like Rape, but that should not mean we should lose respect for the word. These sensitive words should never be taken lightly, or diminished in ANY WAY! That just causes the real problem to get worse. That's what the wolves want, for the sheep to not take the cries seriously. If you do you play into their hands, or in this case their sharp fangs.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Patriot76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The definition of the term has become too broad when it's actually a narrow margin of people who truly, blindly hate another race.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't see any problem with racism, this political correctness only serves to restrict the debate in any area.

Lets put a few facts.

1. Equality doesn't exist and will never exist, people are different and will be always different!
Lets accept that everyone is different and move on.

2. Justice is utopia, its unreal and everyone who thinks this is good are delusional.
Its wasting time, and will never happen.

3. The law of nature is simple as it can be. There will always be one who is better then another.
Its what makes evolution possible.

4. Man are man, women are women. They have biological differences, which makes them skilled for different purposes.

5. The same for races, which one evolve in different scenarios and environment, and because of that are better in their respective areas.
The cell of society is the individual, look at the societies who are formed from which race.
Some races are not cognitively capable of ruling themselves or to be living in the supposed modern societies.
They should keep in their on place until they evolve and be embrace with the rest. Otherwise will be only destruction, violence and problems. Because they simple can't compete, is not they their fault its just they are born this way.

6. Development is generated by science and technology. If you can increase the average intelligence by 5% in a population, there will be more people capable of executing jobs that require higher mental activities. And this will translate in more economical developments, and consequently more power to that group.
Look for example at the Ashkenazim Jew group and their skills/contributions for science, some mutation made them have a higher intelligence, and as a reward from this, the law of nature made them the wealthy group.

7. Now lets do as the Chinese (who are heavily spending on eugenics at moment) and forget this BS of political correctness. In the end who dictates will be the nature, and she doesn't care because for her its only the winners who matters.

More examples against political correctness could be

8. Put all gay people in the Rainbowland and see what natures think about that, its a dead end!
no reproduction no use of.

9. Stop this stupidity of democracy. It will never works, because people in majority are as dumb and manipulable as it can be, if they can't make simple choices as in personal live or groceries stores, who the hell are they to chose things much more complex as a country?

10. About division is simple, if everyone pull the boat to one side it simple wont move!
Divide earth in sectors as many and plenty as need, and keep people who thinks the same together.
The only way to preserve diversity is isolation, otherwise will be a huge mixed cesspool with no direction and everyone fighting until a winner comes.
Sector only for conservatives, only for libertards, only for communists, only for muslims, only for blacks, and any flavor etc...
and everyone is happy and living with their pals who agree and can move on with issues that matter without having to be disgusted every time that walk in the street ...
edit on 15-5-2014 by Reidhos because: ortography

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
See above Wolf prove my point. When you don't take the word seriously the wolves come out to play. This is the worst side of humanity that we need to fight. This is not our future, people like this are becoming more and more isolated and proven wrong.

The United States is not clean of all sins in this area, but looking at Europe, where nations have neo-nazis in parliament, and REAL fascists as heads of state. Democracy and our founding goal of an ever improving nation, striving to be more perfect, has been the only thing that has allowed us to get over this type of utter hate and vitriol that used to be the dominant opinion of the nation of slave holding white men. But we were founded by progressive white slave-holding men, yearning to be better than the old world, to be a nation of immigrants, one with freedoms of speech, and religion, and a system of justice that allowed this diverse people to thrive and eventually decide that we are our brothers keeper, we are our sisters keeper, we will support one another and try to love one another. We are better than Hate, that is why Hate is now being driven away.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Patriot76 because: Readability

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join