I've lost all respect for the term Racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Read this www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's an excerpt from one of the first posts:

1. The GOALs of the oligarchy include SHREDDING the current culture from the inside out. Such people are major stooges, tools in the globalists' hands toward such goals.

2. I agree with the posters asserting that were white anglo-saxon protestant citizens to be guilty of half of ONE such criminal act, they'd likely still be in prison.

2.1 'IMPRISON THOSE PATRIOTS, VETERANS, CHRISTIANS and throw away the key!' seems to be the mentality straight from Holder and the Destroyer-in-Chief's White House. And Hillary would likely gleefully follow-up where they leave off

That's "playing the victim card." Despite the FACT that since 2008, the number of deportations has gone WAY up and programs instituted under the previous administration to specifically target individuals with criminal convictions have been expanded upon so that criminals are the highest percentage of those deported ever.

Yet somehow there is a perception that WASPs are mistreated. To further emphasis my point, let's look at the coverage of the same issue by the same organization targeting either side of the immigration issue:

This is from foxnews.com on 3/31:

Enforcement ‘Crisis’? Documents show 68,000 ‘criminal aliens’ released last year

This is from latino.foxnews.com a week later (4/7):

Report: Deportations Quadrupled With Obama, Two-Thirds Were For Minor Offenses

The message is being tailored to make an emotional appeal to specific audiences — article #1 is pandering to xenophobes for votes, article #2 is pandering to the latino community for votes.
edit on 2014-5-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You are going to have to read the thread for that one. I don't want to name names or anything. You shouldn't have to read far though.

I read the first page but I couldn't see someone using the term racist to shut down the debate. It looked to me like someone provoking a lot of anti-semites by purposely trying to provoke a lot of anti-semites. There wasn't really an 'argument' to shut down in the first place.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I have been called a racists on here ane other forums because of my position on certain issues and leaders, and an islamaphobe, whatever.

But at the same time the same posters, rant against christians.

I realy don't believe there are that many racist on ats..on the other hand..there are a lot of bigots, and I used that term for the first time in seven years, the other day.

But see that is what I am talking about. Are you sure that these people explicitly hate Christians or just the Christian religion and the way it acts? These are two distinct differences that get lost easily. I know you are a Christian yet I don't hate you, my own family is Christian and I don't hate them, many of the people I know and interact with are Christian and I don't hate any of them. I do however dislike the Christian religion and have issues with things it carries out in its name. I'd be willing to bet that many of the people you are thinking about when you wrote this sentence, "But at the same time the same posters, rant against christians," don't actually hate you as a Christian but possibly not like the Christian religion. But if you don't deem it necessary to verify the distinction between these two things it can be easy to go into the persecution complex that I mentioned earlier in the thread or cry out with your own form of race card. I know the event you are referring to and just to keep it civil (as well as private for the people unaware) I don't agree with you and I think that it wasn't necessary.

link   
Being called a racist has lost its sting, now anger is setting in, anger of being falsely accused.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're right. The divide is worse than it's ever been and I think civil war is inevitable. I think all races have gotten really bad towards each other for many different reasons. You can cut the tensions with a knife. I think the MSM plays favorites and it divides us even further. Many whites have been attacked over the last 20 years and it seems to be increasing, but it's hard to tell because data is being either hid or not being logged honestly. But it goes on against all races here. The word racist means nothing anymore.

edit on 14-5-2014 by Fylgje because: forgot to add something

link   

Like someone said earlier the term racist is now being used when the left is losing a debate or anyone does not agree with them because the lie's they us to debate are failing. The word "racist" used to wheeled fear because is was directed toward people that were really hate filled and needed to be outed, now it means nothing.

The left have already started the same thing with Hillary, if you disagree with Hillary you are misogynistic or you hate woman.

Does anyone think the U.S. can take another 4 or 8 years of this Marxist race baiting insanity ?
edit on 14-5-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuniorDisco

You are going to have to read the thread for that one. I don't want to name names or anything. You shouldn't have to read far though.

I read the first page but I couldn't see someone using the term racist to shut down the debate. It looked to me like someone provoking a lot of anti-semites by purposely trying to provoke a lot of anti-semites. There wasn't really an 'argument' to shut down in the first place.

Race card in this sense is general. The term you were looking for is Anti-Semite. It is just a different form of the race card.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I agree completely with the OP. I lived through the time of Martin Luther King Jr. and true racism.

How do you tell using the word correctly from incorrectly? Part of it is what is being confronted? If one uses the term about any idea, thought, or political action that really has nothing to do with race. The same is true of sexism, etc. ism. That is when the misuse of the term leads to the bastardization of the word(s).

This is how I see what has happened with REAL racism. (taken from my post on another thread and revised)

Our society worked really hard during the 60's-90's to end racism. My high school was integrated the first year I attended.

I remember those years. The US really tried to end racism.

I was a military brat who grew up in a totally integrated environment. When I "fell" for a young (local) black man who wrote beautiful poetry and asked him if he would go with a bike ride with me in the city park - he replied with a note "I can't because I would be beaten up and you might too." My first encounter with real and true racism.

The same year a group of young liberal college students came to our school and separated out all the whites and took them to a room for sensitivity training. They would not let us eat or drink or leave the room until we admitted we were prejudiced (the racism word then). I refused and sat there until school ended and they had to let me go. That was my first encounter with abuse of the idea of racism. Condemning people and accusing people of racism simply because of the color of their skin, not the true underlying real racism, - they did it for a political goal, not to improve race relations.

And then, along came Jessie Jackson and his ilk who profited from it and found a occupation dependent on racism. I tried to attend his church but was told there was a charge as in $ to attend if you weren't a member. I was too poor at that time (a student) to go to Jesse Jackson's church, I couldn't afford the "ticket" as a white person to attend his church. This was in the late 70's. This was the beginning of using racism as a way to profit for oneself.

And now the Democrats who opposed ending slavery, were members of the KKK, are now promoting racism by calling everyone and his brother a racist.

Finally along comes what the country hopes will end racism, a black president, and turns out the president and his lackies get some sort of orgasm out of calling everyone that disagrees with his ideas, thoughts, and political stances racist.

We are sick to death of all this racism talk

after working so hard to end racism -

just to end up being accused of being racist at every turn in our lives.

END REAL RACISM please, by not using the word for political or personal gain

there is not a racist, sexist, homophobic boogie man around every corner

The misuse of the word racism has actually caused racism.

How do I know? Many of the military brats locked in that room by well meaning liberals were turned into racists that day.

edit on 14-5-2014 by grandmakdw because: fixed to apply to this thread
edit on 14-5-2014 by grandmakdw because: x

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
When it has been consistently the same posters, one has to wonder.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

if you are against gun control or obamacare or the destabilization/invasion of muslim countries in the mid east
you are racist

if/when Hitlary get her turn "racism" will be old news
then it will be "woman hater"

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Some people are more passionate about some things than others. Especially when speaking about Christianity. Until you can come up with actual hate speak directed at YOU as an individual for being a Christian I don't think that you are correct and instead are dealing with people who are passionate about speaking about various inconsistencies in scripture and dogma as well as events that Christians do. Again there is a difference.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

We need to police ourselves first and foremost.

Are you crazy? Next you want us all to be friends...

How would we justify maintaining our huge Governments then?
And how would the Government even finance wars for their oligarch overlords if we don't NEED them anymore?
It's hard enough to fake unemployment-rates as is...

No can do, sorry.

Also, you're racist!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I still don't see it. The poster puts up a poll showing that there's a lot of anti-semitism in the world, which may or may not be true. But they can hardly be said to be playing the "race card" merely for drawing attention to fairly well-sourced poll from a major news source. Especially since by your own logic they can hardly be said to be shutting down a debate that hasn't even begun.

And even if they were "playing the race card" the notion that it was an unwarranted accusation would pretty quickly be disproved: there are a lot of anti-semites in that thread. That's not an attempt by me to shut anything down - it's a statement of fact.

When I asked for an example I was hoping for something specific. A debate that was being closed by somebody calling someone else a racist or similar and refusing to engage with their points. That thread is not an example of that. Do you have another one to hand?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JuniorDisco

Actually it was pointed out rather early in the thread that the results of that poll are probably skewed and there may be an Israeli agenda behind it to guilt Americans into giving them more money/support. However whenever someone said that they were immediately labeled anti-semite instead of debating the point that was just brought up. It would be the most egregious case of this happening recently, but I'm sure I can dig up some other times where someone was called racist for not liking the ACA or immigration reform or someone called sexist because they are anti-abortion or something. All sides are guilty of it as it has become a useful tool on all sides of a debate to play as a trump card or rather a tactical nuke card. It wipes the argument out of existence.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Some people are more passionate about some things than others. Especially when speaking about Christianity. Until you can come up with actual hate speak directed at YOU as an individual for being a Christian I don't think that you are correct and instead are dealing with people who are passionate about speaking about various inconsistencies in scripture and dogma as well as events that Christians do. Again there is a difference.

well Christianity is their main target, and then you find out they are spiritual athiest, makes me highly suspicious.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JuniorDisco

It seems that one in four figure is higher on this site. I would only hope that such educated people would be less hateful. But I guess the Nazis were a very polite and cultured bunch too.

Page one.

Politics are getting really dirty these days. Easy to be called a racist or uncle tom. It's really getting to the point where I am a lot less interested in this site, because it has turned into everywhere else. Divided and ignorant are worn as badges of honor or something.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The problem with racists is that they don't even realize they are racists. And that leads them to think that people are "just playing the race card" when in reality they just don't recognize the racism.

The other problem with racists is that they think others should just ignore "race"...because that would make it easy for them to spout out their racists views/opinions without being confronted. But they don't see it as people calling out their racists views...they think people are just trying to deflect.

Look at Donald Sterling, this is exactly what he is doing...it is like he could have written this thread.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

well Christianity is their main target, and then you find out they are spiritual athiest, makes me highly suspicious.

Suspicious of what? Unless you can show actual hate directed at YOU as a person for being Christian, there is no bigotry involved. Until that happens you are just unfairly jumping to conclusions and derailing a conversation as you jump at bogymen. Also nothing is forcing you to respond to the thread in question either, if you just can't get past this then just exit the conversation. If it is just so offensive then report it to a mod, it is against the T&C to throw out hateful remarks. I mean, what happens if you are wrong? We end up filling up two pages or so yelling at each other before the mods come in, delete a bunch of posts, and tell us to act civil. I see it all the time.

Another thing to note, someone can be hateful or racist and still bring up good points that require an adequate response. If a hateful person brings up a good point, it is in poor form to label them a racist and refuse to address that point.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
The problem with racists is that they don't even realize they are racists. And that leads them to think that people are "just playing the race card" when in reality they just don't recognize the racism.

How can someone be racist without knowing it? If I don't like black people or jews or some other random label, I'm pretty sure that is a conscious decision that I have made or been taught. This is nonsense.

The other problem with racists is that they think others should just ignore "race"...because that would make it easy for them to spout out their racists views/opinions without being confronted. But they don't see it as people calling out their racists views...they think people are just trying to deflect.

Racists can still make good points that require an adequate response. If a KKK member points out that the state of Israel brainwashes its people to hate Palestinians, it may be true that he is an anti-semite, but that doesn't discount that what he said could very well be true (it is) and should be addressed.

Look at Donald Sterling, this is exactly what he is doing...it is like he could have written this thread.

Wow way to prove my point with the backhanded race card play. Equate me, the op, with an alleged racist thereby insinuating that I am a racist as well. Yet since I see you are a new member, you almost assuredly know nothing about me, this is a HUGE assumption and EXACTLY what I'm talking about in the OP. YOU are one of the people I am referring to in the OP. You aren't going to shut me up though with this play. I know I'm not a racist, I know that many of the people on this forum know that I'm not as well, how about you just stop going down this avenue of travel in your conversation and just forget you said it ok?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

There is no response to that comment that says that. There's no response to that commenter full stop. Why would you invent it when you specifically said examples are easy to find?

There are quite a few people who jump on the thread calling jews "moon worshippers", accusing them of getting "special treatment", of being "arrogant".

I'd say the poll might, from that empirical sample, be right. But that aside, this is a discussion about anti-semitism so it's hardly strange to hear the term. What there is not is an example of a commenter being silenced by accusations of anti-semitism. can you find another example where one is, from the many that are apparently out there?

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join