It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry Unmasked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Masonry Unmasked is one of the most comprehensive books ever written about the errors of Freemasonry, and the only book ever written by a Catholic who left the Lodge. John, who was a 32nd degree Mason and expert in Masonic ritual, examines in detail the secret rituals of Freemasonry and clearly and compellingly explains why the teachings of Masonry are incompatible with the Christian faith.

Using Freemasonry�s own rituals, Masonic Bible and other authorities, John demonstrates that Freemasonry is an alternative religion to Christianity. From a Catholic perspective, John evaluates Masonic authorities in light of Sacred Scripture, the Church Fathers, the Catechism, papal decrees and canon law. John also examines the conspiratorial nature of Freemasonry, and how Masonry�s efforts have contributed to the removal of Christian religious principles from our public schools.

This book is a must for anyone who wants to understand why the Catholic and other Christian churches have always opposed membership in the Masonic Lodge.

taken from www.scripturecatholic.com...

This is going to be a very interesting book, and I hope to be able to purchase it when it comes out. On the website I posted, it lists the various topics that will be discussed in the book.

I don't know how much discussion will take place on this book, before it's even published. But any care to comment on this book?

[edit on 29-11-2004 by chief_counsellor]

df1

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If you like the topic of "Masonry Unmasked", you should just love the article "Study of Catholic Priests and Child Abuse".
www.jefflindsay.com...

I'd like to see more research to determine the extent of KofC involvement. I've heard it rumored that KoC members hold down the children while the priests do the dirty deed and that some high ranking KofC members use a cross on the kids in an extremely vulgar manner. It is just what I have heard, Im not making any accusations. But I am curious to hear some KofC members comments on what it is like.

It is very easy to make stupid statements isn't it?

[edit on 29-11-2004 by df1]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It is very easy to make stupid statements isn't it

Your a fine example of that

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
OK guys, let's keep it clean.

df1

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK guys, let's keep it clean.

Sorry I'm done... I just wanted to use the same type of quotes, inferences and distortions that he keeps using to slander freemasonry. The difference between me and the good "chief_counsellor" is that my remarks on the KofC were intentionally stupid and unfounded for the purpose of making a point. Unfortunately he missed my point and continues to believe his slander.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
& Let the stone throwing begin!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Any book that takes a particular slant on the particular ritual used by a particular Constitution to support a particular anti-Masonic position is going to be self-limiting and not of much value to readers who want to be informed.

But the author thinks there is a market for this stuff - good luck to him. I guess the market is "fundamentalist Christian people indoctrinated into the exclusivity of Catholicism who seek organizations to be offended about" - that's a nice little club you're in!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

But the author thinks there is a market for this stuff - good luck to him. I guess the market is "fundamentalist Christian people indoctrinated into the exclusivity of Catholicism who seek organizations to be offended about" - that's a nice little club you're in!

No, the market is those that want to find out why many Christian churches have condemned membership in masonry. John Salza is qualified in this matter, he was a 32nd degree mason, and holder of a "proficiency card" meaning he was able to teach the rituals, and most likely new all the rituals by heart.

PARTIAL LIST OF CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS
THAT CONDEMN MASONRY
Methodist Church of England

Wesleyan Methodist Church

Russian Orthodox Church

Assemblies of God

Church of the Nazarene

Orthodox Presbyterian Church

Reformed Presbyterian Church

Evangelical Mennonite Church

Church of Scotland

Grace Brethren

Roman Catholic Church

Christian Reformed Church in America

Evangelical Mennonite Church

Synod Anglican Church of England

Free Church of Scotland

General Association of Regular Baptist Churches

Independent Fundamentalist Churches of America

The Evangelical Lutheran Synod

Baptist Union of Scotland

Lutheran Church Missouri Synod

Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod

Presbyterian Church in America

taken from www.godonthe.net...

CC

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
& Let the stone throwing begin!

Or perhaps , let him who is without sin, cast the first stone ?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
chief

This is not like you is it. I always read you as an even handed guy.

Of course there are some Churches that do condemn Freemasonry, but there are many more in number who are active or just do not mind.

There are Catholic Priests who have no problem with Masonry.

KofC do some great work, and so do Freemasons. There are a lot of simlilarities between them. There are some things that divide. So what.

Do you know I have never heard a Freemason bad mouth KofC without first a swipe coming his way.

Lets not let the good part of both be undermined , please.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As a Freemason of 15 years standing and a member of several of the Masonic orders it was sad to read another person having a go at my society. I can not see why people want to have a go at our society. In a free society people have the right to like or not like Freemasons. They have the right to become a Freemason or not become one.

In Freemasonry we have a very wide and diverse membership. In every society there are men who do not live up the obligations that they have taken. In Freemasonry we have a, very very small amount of men who are kicked out of the order because they have let themselves down and their Brethren down.

The vast majority of Freemasons uphold the law, respect all people and ask that this respect be returned in kind. We only want the same rights as our fellow citizens and the same right to privacy. I ask is that too much to ask?

In countries where there is no freedom of expression the Freemasons were and are still being persecuted. Is that fair and something that can be justified?

I am a gentile and my mother Lodge was started by members of the Jewish community. We respect each other and accept that we have a different religious faith. We do have a belief in the same God. He is known by many names. He has been called I AM THAT I AM, Ha Shem and e-lohim. As gentiles we call him God and as Christains we believe in the 'Holy Trinity'; God the Father being the first person.

As Freemasons we are not perfect people but we do try and seek perfection by a sincere belief in the worship of God. We do not run this World and have never run it. The truth is often very simple. why do people need to make it complicated?

Brother Gerard

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've started asking priests in my diocese about freemasonry, I've talked with several now, especially from the seminary. One priest wrote a paper on Freemasonry which he is going to mail to me.

The general instruction I'm getting from the priests in my diocese is a negative response on freemasonry.

It actually seems though, than they are not informed as much as I am on the matter. Having gone through the first degree of blue lodge masonry myself, several years ago, and my father was heavily involved when he was younger. Also past debates with those at The Lodge Room helped a lot in my understanding.

So you don't think this John Salza has a basis to the book he's writing about? He obviously sees something. He did get his 32nd degree. I just find this book interesting. There's nothing wrong with finding his book intriguing. I want to know his point of view. The book doesn't come out till Spring of 2005, so I'll have to wait.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor

So you don't think this John Salza has a basis to the book he's writing about? He obviously sees something. He did get his 32nd degree. I just find this book interesting. There's nothing wrong with finding his book intriguing. I want to know his point of view. The book doesn't come out till Spring of 2005, so I'll have to wait.

I am sorry here to any Brother that has done this, but Chief you can get to a 32nd Mason in a weekend in some districts. It not a medal of honor it is just part of another masonic Order. Technically there are only three degrees in Freemasonry. Check the original Landmarks, which are accepted all over the world. Anything above a Master mason in number is a section of an additional order. it does not make you any smarter or more able to speak on behaly o Freemasonry.

Theres nothing wrong with it, I have about 15 guys I know that are 32nd degree Masons, they do not think of themselves as superior to me. I am not inferior to them.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sorry should have done some back ground work before. I just had a look at John Salza's site : scripturecatholic.com/masonry_unmasked.html

Masonry Unmasked is one of the most comprehensive books ever written about the errors of Freemasonry, and the only book ever written by a Catholic who left the Lodge. John, who was a 32nd degree Mason and expert in Masonic ritual, examines in detail the secret rituals of Freemasonry and clearly and compellingly explains why the teachings of Masonry are incompatible with the Christian faith.

Using Freemasonry�s own rituals, Masonic Bible and other authorities, John demonstrates that Freemasonry is an alternative religion to Christianity. From a Catholic perspective, John evaluates Masonic authorities in light of Sacred Scripture, the Church Fathers, the Catechism, papal decrees and canon law. John also examines the conspiratorial nature of Freemasonry, and how Masonry�s efforts have contributed to the removal of Christian religious principles from our public schools.

This book is a must for anyone who wants to understand why the Catholic and other Christian churches have always opposed membership in the Masonic Lodge.

The first thing that jumps out is that if "Christian churches have always opposed membership in the Masonic Lodge" why did he join in the first place?

Then proceeding onward we find all the Masonic ritual having been published on this site. Now he would have placed his hand on the Bible at least 20 times and sworn not to reveal anything of the secrets of Freemasonry ?

These are facts I leave you to ponder the answers.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The "errors" of Freemasonry?

According to who? The RCC?

Who really cares what the RCC thinks? We live in a world of MANY religions: Buddhism, Hinduisn, Jdaeism, Taoism, Sikhism, Islam. All are equally valid. The Taoist heaven is no better nor any worse than the "Christian" heaven. Jesus in no better nor any worse than Siddhartha Gautama.

Muslims consider Jesus a prophet, nothing more. Hindus laugh at the notion of "Jesus" - a supposedly divine being that can actually be killed (and no, they don't buy that "half man, half divine" schtick, either.)

So if a *portion* of Christians (usually the fundamentalists who are obsessed about the state of their souls) are worried about burning in eternal hellfire or whatever, they can simply leave Masonry. Divisive people like that are neither needed nor wanted.

Christians who have a Jesus fetish and live in mortal fear of "sinning", need not join, either.

I really care very little for what the Christian clergy has to say. Perhaps when so many of them (by the thousands) can keep their hands to themselves and not on small children, THEN they can discuss the "morality" of other faiths.

The nerve . . . . .

[edit on 29-11-2004 by nosam]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately, CC keeps repeating himself. Personally, and with all due respect, I don't give a rat's rear end what his church's leadership thinks about Freemasonry, any more than he cares what anyone else thinks of the K of C.

This is not a Roman Catholic forum...it isn't even a general Christian one, and anyone who defines Masonry as a "secret society" must also, in order to remain consistent, also define the K of C as a secret society. The major difference between Masonry and K of C is that the candidate for Masonry pledges his service directly to the Almighty, while the candidate for K of C is also required to swear his allegiance to a foreign potentate, i.e., the Bishop of Rome.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Perhaps the Catholic Church is envious of the money given out as charity, that could have been given to the church.

A good book to read, although it assumes a lot, is the Hiram Key. It touches on quite a few aspects of Free Masonry, Pagonism, Christianity, and other religions in close assosiation.

I have a hard time listining to someone tell me that they participated in something long enough to try and claim they have almost masterd something ( As has been stated before, a 32nd degree could have taken months, days, or hours), then state that it is evil, and disuade others. Is this guy a hypocryte? Or just led astray?

Sounds like a matter of "do as I say, not as I do" to me.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by wiggy]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosam
I really care very little for what the Christian clergy has to say. Perhaps when so many of them (by the thousands) can keep their hands to themselves and not on small children, THEN they can discuss the "morality" of other faiths.

It is not by the thousands....less than 1 in 1000 priests have been charged around the world, less than 100 are charged with repeated offenses. The media has blown this issue out of proportion. There are pedophiles in all professions, Doctors, Lawyers, musicians...it is not adamant in the Catholic Church. The media has just placed a focus on attacking the church.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What bad things of recent have come from Masons? Now from Catholic Preists? How does the number of preists compare to the number of Masonic Brothers? How many Free Masons have commited lewd acts with children in the last 10 years? Would it not be easier for the media to attack A Secret Fraternatiy, than an organized Christian denomination?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
so you want to go there eh?

Site on Freemason pedophiles and Masonic pedophile rings

www.mindcontrolforums.com...

6660 OF BRITAIN'S 800,000 MASONS ARE PAEDOPHILES

One in 120 men is a paedophile. These are the findings of the Sociologist Dr. Elliot. These statistics were from his own research into the problem of child sexual abuse along with the findings by Scotland Yard and the British National Crime Squad. In Britain there are 800,000 masons. Many are in high positions of power such as the police, judiciary, military and medical hierarchy. 6660 of Britain's 800,000 masons are paedophiles, each and every one protected by their brotherhood.

taken from www.mindcontrolforums.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join