It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Jew looks at Anti-Semitism, Israel the de-facto Apartheid State, and Palestinian Rights

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: cuckooold

I was born in the U.S, but do not consider myself an American (despite having NYC Jewish parents). Culturally I am Australian - I sound Australian, and regardless of personal politics or belief, there is a definite cultural aspect to being an Aussie. In my opinion it is the same with being Jewish.

thanks for your oh-so cogent ramblings (not).

Why exactly were the Jewish people kicked out of so many countries? I doubt it was because they considered themselves culturally part of a nation.

Identity is multi tiered - there are many factors that make up a person's identity. I'm glad that you are happy to die for the country of your birth. I wish you every success in achieving your aims. I personally find your statement naive and overly simplistic. Why someone would state that they are willing to die for the country of their birth, without giving any reason for doing so is at best a really dumb thing to say. If one wishes to read further into this, there seems a blind willingness to accept anything 'your country' may throw at you, in a blind nationalistic jingoistic fervour. If you were born in Germany in 1920, or Iraq in the last 40 years would you feel the same desire to die for your country? ade a statemeAs it stands you've mnt accusing me of being a mongrel dog, somehow put yourself on a pedestal as being better than me, and offered no reasons whatsoever for anything you have said.

Good luck with all that. I'd personally prefer to think things through and come to my own conclusions, 'mongrel dog' and all, rather than come across in an almost fascist manner, almost shouting how you will 'die for your country' (cue patriotic music and Tom Cruise gazing off into the sunset scene), and giving all the appearance of an ignoramus who has no idea what they are talking about.

How can you be born in AMERICA to AMERICAN parents and think of yourself as Australian /Jewish duu

You are American but with the duel get out clause

BUT you would leg it quicker than a rat up a drain pipe if asked to give your life for the country of birth

Commoth the hour commeth the man

If you were born in Germany in 1920, or Iraq in the last 40 years would you feel the same desire to die for your country?

YES

I should not have accused you of being a mongeral dog

they are good dog's and loyal

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Now you're just making no sense and you seem to be trying to stir up trouble.

I'm going to make a brief comment that you don't know me at all, and you appear to be making conclusions without taking the step of showing how you came to your (nonsensical) ideas. You've made a whole bunch of statements without any context to place them in, and if you would be willing to fight for Nazi Germany, Iraq, and the country of your birth either you are a fool, a mercenary, or a troll.

I'm going to assume you are troll and I see no point wasting time feeding a troll. I will continue to speak with and answer questions from those ATS members who can adequately frame a question without resorting to name calling and trolling, or are simply engaging in relevant conversation. However, from this point in, I'm going to ignore anything you have to say as it's either insulting (without reason), and the rest resembles a stream of consciousness word salad vomit through which it is difficult to decipher what you are trying to say (if anything - perhaps you just fell asleep on the keyboard).
edit on 16-5-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I think you as a third generation AMERICAN --- you and your parent's and grandparents were born on AMERICAN SOIL

but for some reason you think of yourself as Australian/ jewish

I as a person would fight for the country of my birth where ever that was but only to defend from invader's

if anyone of us is mixed up i think it might be you on this matter

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
great thread S&F...

now how to get those pulling the puppet strings to think in this kind of a way ?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
for a name, call it abrahamia. yep, that covers it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

will keep on dukeing it out until the last man is standing, and wondering where everyone went, and why he has no one at all, of either side, left to rule over.

have you ever read "The Legend of the Destruction of Mankind"? it's an ancient egyptian story about how Ra got upset because some of the people said his skin was like gold, his bones like silver and his hair like lapis lazuli (egyptologists think this meant that they were saying he was looking old). so he pitches a fit, sends for hathor, which he calls his eye. the eye of ra was hathor, in other words. this eye went out and started killing people. they hid in caves, in buildings, etc but the eye of ra found them and killed them. soon there was so much blood, hathor was wading around in it/drinking it. Ra suddenly realized there would be no one left to serve him if he didn't stop hathor's (his eye's) rampage (doh). so he called an emergency meeting and it was decided to mix beer with the blood, and get hathor drunk, thus stopping the rampage. it worked.

so i propose the entire event start off with (not end with), everyone having a nice, frosty glass of their favorite relaxing beverage (no blood, sorry), preferably something with celery in it for the b-12 benefits.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

you mentioned the arabic jews. how are they related to sephardic jews?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Ashkenazic: Descendants of Jews from France, Germany and Eastern Europe
Sephardic: Descendants of Jews from Spain, Portugal, North Africa and the Middle East
Mizrachi: Descendants of Jews from North Africa and the Middle East

Sephardic is often the same as Mizrachi though... but to be clear as sephardic encompasses a wide range then it gets divided into to with Mizrachi naming the north african and middle eastern jews specifically.

In Israel, it is the Mizrachi Jews (arab jews) who are second class citizens, even though they are Jews too. Most of them have very strong ties to the Palestinian lands (family history showing possession of the land long ago)... it was actually most likely theirs originally - with some Palestinians being in this same boat as well... original possessors of the land who converted to Islam but never moved.
edit on 6-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join