It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AXE/LYNX Body Deoderant Commercial Creates A New Political Stink!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hello

I was watching random music vids on Youtube when I was presented with a new AXE/LYNX body deoderant commercial that was interesting enough to then track down and review it.

AXE Peace (USA), Lynx (UK) advert / commercial / political propaganda 2014

And the description for the vid at Youtube is ...

Political comment by the AXE brand on recent tensions in eastern Europe.

I was quite emotionally moved by the video and was overjoyed at being caught by the ads clever trick, although I should have expected such a twist.

The video starts out by generating a sense of military urgency and emergency which is then suddenly transformed into a sense of love and harmony and union.

Is it a disgusting ploy by AXE/LYNX to market a new smell that they just slapped a 'Peace' lable on

Or is it a genuine statement?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

My thoughts are, the people who make the ads are young and creative types. The demographic for this sort of deodorant are younger types. And although the best interests of having violent movies and tv and literal most popular war video games, many young people are not all gung ho about war. So yea, this is a marketing campaign, the ideas of AXE has always been geared towards 'love/sex', so why not kill to birds with one stone and also appear to be completely righteous, via making this famous kind of statement and stance, 'make love not war'.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
honestly... everytime I see this ad I think "when I thought ads couldnt get any more stupid and couldnt get any lower... they come up with something like this and completely redeem themselves"...

But... to each his own I guess..

I hate it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think they're good ads. Lynx always make quite amusing ads. Shame Lynx makes you smell like a pre-pubescent teenager.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Of all the stupid Axe ads, I actually think this one is pretty good. First and foremost, they're trying to sell their product, but it also has an underlying message that most of the younger generation can relate to. War sucks, knock it off.
edit on 14-5-2014 by jtrenthacker because: Words is hard

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
its just another advert , for just another product .

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Is it a disgusting ploy by AXE/LYNX to market a new smell that they just slapped a 'Peace' lable on Or is it a genuine statement? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Without glamorization of guns and hyperviolence, it lacks sincerity and has the presence of a pajama boy. Print it on cardboard, nail it to a stick and shoot it full of holes with America's gun --the noble AR-15.

That's sincerity. You want to comment on my pajamas.... safety off! molon labe!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

thought it was beautiful....

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I also thought it was beautiful. Love one another.

top topics

join