It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Al-Zawahiri makes threat in tape aired by al-Jazeera network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Al Jazeera has aired a new video tape from Al Qaida's number 2, Ayman Al-Zawahri. In this tape like many others, Zawahri makes new threats against the United States. The tape appears to be new as he references the recent elections.

www.msnbc.msn.com
CAIRO, Egypt - In a videotape aired Monday, Osama bin Laden's top lieutenant, Ayman Al-Zawahri, vowed to continue fighting the United States until Washington changes its policies.

In the tape, aired on al-Jazeera television, al-Zawahri spoke of the recent U.S. presidential elections, but it was unclear from his words whether the footage was taped before or after the Nov. 2 elections.

"The results of the elections do not matter for us. What matters is how the United States deals with Muslims," al-Zawahri said in the tape.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Updated with information from a Fox News article.

www.foxnews.com
Al-Zawahiri, bin Laden's right-hand man, referred to the recent U.S. presidential election on the tape, shown on Al-Jazeera television. It wasn't clear whether the video was recorded before or after the Nov. 2 vote, when President Bush was re-elected, defeating Sen. John Kerry.

"The results of the elections do not matter for us," al-Zawahiri said in the three-minute excerpt. "Vote [for] whoever you want, Bush, Kerry or the devil himself. This does not concern us. What concerns us is to purge our land from the aggressors."

Al-Zawahiri also accused the United States of trying to coerce the Muslim world through force to satisfy Israel and to achieve its own interests. He said the invasion of Iraq was only a prelude to what the whole Muslim world might be subjected to by the United States.

He advised the Americans to choose between one of two things: "Either you choose to treat us with respect and based on an exchange of interests ... or we will continue to fight you until you change your policies."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There is a startling amount of new video from Al Qaida. With the Assam Al Ameriki, bin Laden, and now Zawahri. I am of the mindset that they are attempting to activate cells for an attack. Typically audio and or video releases from Al Qaida have preceded attacks.

It is unprecedented that three such tapes would be released within a one month period.

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

Abovetopsecret.com Discussion Threads
WAR: Al Qaida May Be Preparing for Nuclear Strike

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
this guy is a non-player, a joke.

his followers have been eliminated in fallujah and through out iraq and are on the run world wide.

his only recourse is to post a video to terror tv aljazeera.

he probably is in egypt or syria sitting poolside sipping tea looking at himself on tv while he orders his followers to certain death.

allah, rally for god while i hide to save myself.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
this guy is a non-player, a joke.

his followers have been eliminated in fallujah and through out iraq and are on the run world wide.

This is al-Zawahiri, not al-Zarqawi.
en.wikipedia.org...
I wouldn't exactly call him a "non-player" ...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think you are confusing Ayman Al Zawahri the Egyptian doctor, with Abu Musab Al Zarqawi, the one legged Jordanian.

The tape is from the former.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

SIRR1 says: "* * * terror tv aljazeera.*

Have you ever watched Al Jazeera or visited its web site????? Thank God we have more than the unfair and imbalanced spin zone of FOX NEWS NETWORK. It would do you good to expose yourself to how the Arab and Muslim world views current events. Then maybe you wouldn't be tempted to unthinkingly regurgitate the rubbish you read and hear on FOX NEWS NETWORK and its many tentacles.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Abu Musab Al Zarqawi, the one legged Jordanian.

The guy's got one leg? And the US can't cath 'im? Yeesh that looks bad. I know it shouldn't look bad, but still, dang.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
New information added to the lead in from another source. Includes some of the statements from the video tape.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would say most of the cells in the US have been compromised and these recent attempts to activate them are in vein.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
I would say most of the cells in the US have been compromised and these recent attempts to activate them are in vein.

I hope your right. I know I remember hearing about hundreds being rounded up and held prior to the election, but I have not heard of the disposition of them. Are they still being held? Were they released? Did the have any terror connections or ties? None of this information was released publically.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The man brings the policies of US against the middle east, I wonder how bad are these policies?

He also is asking the muslin countries to fight back against the US and is using the invasion of Iraq as an example of what US will do their nations, now will they believe it?

Now taking in consideration of the problems in Iraq I will say the video is not joke and is very serious.

dh

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The man brings the policies of US against the middle east, I wonder how bad are these policies?

He also is asking the muslin countries to fight back against the US and is using the invasion of Iraq as an example of what US will do their nations, now will they believe it?

Now taking in consideration of the problems in Iraq I will say the video is not joke and is very serious.

Nope - al Zaqarwi or was it al Zaharwi or something - these are all joke characters
Much like Dr Evil or some other joke comic-book mastermind of evil
Their videos are always jokes played on the American public mind by rulers who do not hold the American or any other public players in best regard
They know you'll jump to the prejudiced image because you've been brought up on this crap
Shake it down awhile

TPL

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We shall see whether these are activation calls or just calls to remind us that their still there, like annoying mother-in-laws.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Where my brother works he was talking to his work friend who told him about the following events.

His mum was in Nottingham, UK and was at a Cafe having a coffee when these two Muslims walked past. One of them dropped a wallet full of money, she quickly got up chased after them and said "sir you have dropped your wallet" the chap took ten pounds out and said thank you. As she was walking away she felt a tug on here arm, she turned around and he said "you have done me a favor, I will now return it, don�t be near Nottingham in December". After a few days she was so scared she went to the police and told them who said that they were fully aware of the terrorist threat!

Don�t know if its 100% as I haven�t spoke with the person my self but if half of its true it shows that something is brewing in the midsts.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
LMAO man thats been around since after 9/11 . after all why bomb nottingham?? its a dump LMAO.

Sep

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mfourl
Where my brother works he was talking to his work friend who told him about the following events.

His mum was in Nottingham, UK and was at a Cafe having a coffee when these two Muslims walked past. One of them dropped a wallet full of money, she quickly got up chased after them and said "sir you have dropped your wallet" the chap took ten pounds out and said thank you. As she was walking away she felt a tug on here arm, she turned around and he said "you have done me a favor, I will now return it, don�t be near Nottingham in December". After a few days she was so scared she went to the police and told them who said that they were fully aware of the terrorist threat!

Don�t know if its 100% as I haven�t spoke with the person my self but if half of its true it shows that something is brewing in the midsts.

Not that I am questioning your brother's friend's mother's information but how did she know these two men were Muslim? just wondering.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Sep]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I think he was referring to Xmas shoppers - the town center will be a nightmare in December

JAK

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Where my brother works he was talking to his work friend who told him about the following events...

I doubt it very much, I first heard this story about months or perhaps a year ago, the date came and passed without event.

Jack

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mfourl"you have done me a favor, I will now return it, don�t be near Nottingham in December".

Thats the biggest load of crap that I've heard since the last variation of it. Notice that its 'my brothers friend told him this story having heard it from some one else'. This is a genuine urban legend. In the States it was 'thankyou for doing me a favour, don't go to the mall on halloween'. As if these radical militant suicidial muslim extremists are going to spill the beans on their masterwork because somone was 'nice' to them.

I think its an interesting urban myth nonetheless. Its sort of got the 'good samaritan' thing to it, because they do a good deed, and also because the do gooder isn't saying 'freekin musims, dropped their wallet, probably has ricin in it' or anything like that, and because of that they are rewarded. It also makes one say, 'why'd the muslim terrorist spill the beans so easily' and reply 'they must've felt guilty about it, because they know they are wrong' and possibly 'we are right'.

I'd be intersted to see if its the friends mother or if it was a freind of the friends mother in fact. It'd be interesting to see if the actual source of one of these myths can be pinpointed.

join