It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tightass Australian Budget

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

it fits their foot Kryties

One day it shall cave in on them and the hardships will be felt by them.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
May as well be every statement he makes!

edit on 29-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys What kind of work do you do at 15k year? Anyone who works for 8 hours a day deserves to make more than 15k a year. You need to change your circumstance. Move and get a new life and job.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Due to disabilities I'm unable to work. I am a single parent of 2 as well (100% care). My day between being a parent is spent going from a wheelchair seated position until things become so painful I have to lie down. More than a couple of hours upright at a time is tough. Approx 3 hours of my day is spent in a bathroom due to complications with my condition (Don't wan't to elaborate).
So my problem is that makes me pretty much unemployable. I can't be at work on time because I don't know how mobile I'll be each day. So, with what strength I do have left to muster I put that into care of my kids. In about 5 more years they should both be independent and that will mean I will have a little more spare energy and will be able to find some flexible work possibly.
My income that I do get is what I generate in interest on a bank term deposit. It used to be just enough to survive on, but interest rates have plummeted and that's causing me a negative compound condition, where I have to keep reducing my term deposit to make the shortfall.

Hope that clears things up.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The point from all this is that the Liberals have shown their true colours but didn't anticipate Clive.
The 'double-dissolution' that they threatened if they couldn't get their own way has died the death as, having shown their true colours, they would be annihilated at another election.
For those of you outside of Australia it has now been proposed that not only do the unemployed have to 'work for the dole' in the near future but also have to apply for 40 jobs per month each - to prove that they are looking for work. Unfortunately, in the densely populated towns of the unemployed there aren't 40 jobs to go around. Also, the 20-odd thousand people unemployed in my area would have to apply for 800,000 jobs between them over one month - this is 5,000 jobs per hour. Where are the employers going to find the time to deal with this onrush of garbage.
The old adage applies - "Designed by genius' - ran by idiots"!
Joe "No more Mr Nice Guy" Hockey, whilst continually coming up with more and more ingenious schemes to take from the poor to give to the rich, is now trying to find a way to circumvent the Senate so Clive can't stop him.
God help Australia.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OzTiger

Depressing that Clive has so much power, but highly amusing (and scary) as heck.

Even he has no idea what he's about to say. He's like a dumb-bomb that hit Canberra, sadly it had no effect because it was already full of dumb..

Today, what did Clive get up to? Well, he had requested a parliamentary committee examining last year’s federal election. Seems like a good idea. Except.

He didn't bother to show up to have his say.... He's basically a 4 year-old Ritchie-Rich wielding a machine gun that can fire at anyone at anytime. I'd be very nervous to be Liberal at the moment up there. Hopefully though he stuffs up the bill and a new election is called... Actually, then the problem just gets worse I guess. Labor/Lib (who cares) whoever wins, will be up against a much larger Palmer party, because so many support him and think he's a "refreshing change".

We are so doomed.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yes, this was like the old Democrats and "We'll keep the bastards honest" except that when Meg Lees took over the party she couldn't jump into bed with John Howard quick enough to give us the GST.
I just hope that Clive and his co-horts have enough clout to bring back some of these outlandish deals both the Labour and Liberal Parties are saddling us with. Why are we spending 15 billion on fighter planes to defend us against, what, boat people? Another 6 billion dollars on submarines - well, we'll sleep sounder at night won't we. Meanwhile pensioners are being told to wear thick clothing and overcoats so they don't have to use their heating - they can't pay their bills.
BUT, we can send millions in aid to Gaza - so they can make more rockets? AND a staggering 85 million to continue the search for the missing Malaysian airplane that went down before the current one.
What on earth are these pollies doing to this great Country?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join