It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Paranormal Experience the Result of Geomagnetic Energy Acting on our Brains?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
About a year ago, Martin J. Clemens wrote a piece discussing the effect of increased solar activity on paranormal experiences. He connected ghost related phenomenon with increases in solar activity and suggested that there might be a causal effect between geomagnetic radiation and paranormal experiences, by way of an interaction between that energy and the brain. He suggested that most ghost-type paranormal experience is the result of our brains reacting to electromagnetic energy in the environment.
Some of the evidence revolves around advancements in neural scanning technology, such as MRI’s (or fMRI’s), CAT scans, PET scans and the like.

Popular physicist Dr. Michio Kaku has recently published a book, titled The Future of the Mind: The Scientific Quest to Understand, Enhance, and Empower the Mind (Doubleday 2014), which is pointedly outside of his standard academic purview, but which provides some interesting starting points for further reading into cognitive neuroscience.
In particular, he reviews the state of the art in brain scanning technology at the moment, providing an excellent run-down on what’s available and where it’s headed, as well as the inherent limitations.
One such technology is an exciting method known as Transcranial Electrical Stimulation, or TES. This is as it may seem, a method involving a device placed directly on the skull of patient, which then transmits weak but highly-defined electrical signals through the skull and into the brain. The effect of these signals is that the electrical energy actually turns off neurons in the targeted region, and the effect of that is widely varied, but also extremely valuable.

The ability to temporarily turn off specific regions of the brain provides unprecedented opportunities for the direct mapping of neural activity – identifying what areas of the brain are related to what cognitive functions, i.e. turn off neurons in specific areas of the prefrontal lobe, and then observe what effect that has on the patient (patients are conscious and actively participating in the procedure).

Mr. Clemens continues by stating,

They used a variation of the TES procedure, called transcranial alternating current stimulation or tACS, to target areas of the frontal lobes, which are considered integral to the neuromechanics behind dreams. This, in and of itself, is extremely interesting, and it seems, at first glance, that it answers some long asked questions about dreams and how they work. It also seems to provide even more evidence for the deterministic view of biology, which says that all features of mind are the result of nothing more than the mechanical processes of the brain (the opposing view is dualism, which asserts that the self or the soul are separate from biology). It also raises a few questions about our current knowledge in these areas.

Well, I don't know about all the scientific investigations of HOW people (like myself) are able to experience the paranormal; all I know is, it happens, although I have read that certain solar and lunar events can sharpen our awareness.
I've just always attributed it to the pineal gland being activated (open). That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Read much more on this article here: goo.gl...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Geomagnetic energy doesn't speak on a recorder. If Ghosts were simply manifestations of our imagination (induced by electromagnetism) then there would be no hard evidence. Plenty of disembodied voices have been recorded, intelligent and non-intelligent. Therefore there is something going on behind the veil...

edit
Not to mention the countless unexplained shadow figures.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Aedaeum because: extra info

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Or poltergeist activity, which I have personally witnessed. I've also heard the theory that infrasound is responsible for the phenomenon but I fail to see how either of these explanations can sufficiently explain physical objects moving on their own.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Exactly, there are too many unexplained phenomena that happen around Ghost activity, which has become hard evidence; either video or audio recordings. To be honest, I think most of it are demons messing about.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hey guys, you don't have to convince me. LOL
Just click on my signature to read over 250 pages of paranormal experiences by myself and other members here.

Nope, I have to disagree with this study. Although the solar and lunar events can help increase one's capability to experience the paranormal, I think he has a long way to go before he realizes this phenomena is not caused by some type of outside force affecting our brains.

I just thought the study might be interesting to some here. Now, let the stone throwing begin!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I agree. There are too many other unexplained things going on that don't fall under 'brain being affected by solar flares' to ignore them.

Interesting theory, but-------- FAIL!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I also have experience many unexplained paranormal moments. However i am open to these type of investigations in hope that some factor may be linked in some way that is recognised by the wider public. Furthermore just the acknowledgement by main stream science that these events actually exist is encouraging. In my own experiences i do feel there can be some link made between celestial events and or magnetic field manipulation by outside forces. One example was in this same house i live every month for a week i would wake in half sleep at same time and see someone walk past me into the hallway. I would then find myself standing in the hall forgetting i got there. Initially i put this down to maybe at that time of the month at that time of night the person died etc. However maybe this falls into some monthly event which manipulates our magnetic field and thus heightening our senses to energies and can manifest these as best we can. Good post in highlighting these changed in scientific approach to this field.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
From my point of view everything is one level of energy or another interacting with each other.

So the question for me is not if it is connected but the level on how this energy influences a body and the third eye and how much a spirit/mind/body energies can influence the Geomagnetic Energy.

Environment shape the spirit/mind/body but the spirit/mind/body also changes the environment by being.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Exactly, there are too many unexplained phenomena that happen around Ghost activity, which has become hard evidence; either video or audio recordings. To be honest, I think most of it are demons messing about.

I've experienced demons myself and know they are not from my brain. The tricky part is that I have also noticed that my mental state can be a gate one would have to enter through to get to me and so cause and effect can be skewed in someone's mind who hasn't had as many demonic and ghost experiences as you or I perhaps.

I heard the strange sky sounds that sounded like a portal opening. They happened during a geomagnetic event at the highest point. I only found this out after the fact when a topic about the magnetic field of the Earth reversing was on ATS about a week later. This wasn't a magnetic pole flip, and it was supposedly bad data, but I saw it and it looked like the solar wind reversed, or stopped and the Earths magnetic field instead of being pushed into a raindrop shape rebounded into a raindrop shape in the opposite direction. As if the Sun was on the other side.

I think we are kept in a certain frequency range by our heart and brains which both have electromagnetic fields associated with them. Beyond that we are also in the Earths magnetic field and beyond that the Sun's. Without these fields one could go crazy I would think.

As the magnetic field of the Earth continues to weaken letting in more energy I think strange experiences will be more commonplace. I also think it's no accident that we are surrounded by electricity. Electricity running through a wire makes a magnetic field perpendicular to that wire. Every house is a little like a magnetic cage. Running water through pipes also has an electromagnetic field.

Places like the Bermuda Triangle which are areas of high strangeness, are also areas where magnetic fields seem to go completely haywire. My grandpa flew the area before which is how I first found out about it. He told me that his "instruments" would spin and not give a good read. I was 5 and that's about as much as I remember about that.

At least most people don't have CRT monitors anymore. Just try and meditate around one of those. The amount of capacitors in one of those.. OR conversely put a Stereo speaker on top of a CRT and see what the screen looks like. The screen (reality) is bent by competing electromagnetic fields.. I recently used my old CRT monitor as a tool and found out that some of my lighting was leaking huge energy.. Not sure if all the lights that are the long fluorescent type are like this but it had a pretty big field around it. I no longer use lights like that.

Anything that has that electrical huuuummmmm..... bbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... It's affecting your heart and brain's fields... It's affecting your perception.

The magnetosphere also follows a Diurnal cycle, so variations in the magnetic field happen over time in a single day/night..

So for instance

These magnetic pulsations, as seen in figure 7, are in the range of Pc1 which follows a day-night (diurnal) cycle.The Pc1 range is present mainly at night for GCI’s spectrometer at its Boulder Creek Calif., headquarters. Some scientific literature has reported that an increase in Pc1 frequencies can affect the human cardiovascular system because its frequencies are in a comparable range with those of the human heartbeat.

or

This graph is a waterfall plot showing one-hour spectrums over a five-day period. The first hour is at the bottom of the graph and additional hours are plotted as you move up the graph. The darker areas indicate increased activity in daytime hours and show that although the Schumann resonances are always present, they are stronger during daytime hours.

SOURCE

I could go on for days about this stuff, though my research isn't disciplined or organized. My own experience of hearing the sky sounds really pushed it all over the top for me. I even started to wonder if I would call the sky sounds God's Trumpets if I was living 3,000 years ago or something.

So I could end by saying physical beings don't walk through walls because they are too thick. We find a hole in the wall called a door and slide right through into another world. What if for a less dense body (ghost) that walls feel like salt water thickness and you can move through them, but that magnetic fields feel more like sheetrock. You would need to find a hole in the wall. That hole would look like to us a "magnetic anomaly." Hehe..

edit on 14-5-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Kind of a weird thought about electromagnetic fields, without them, we would simply fall through space and keep falling.

Well, what can a ghost or spirit do? They can go through walls and floors.
They are on a different electromagnetic frequency level. They vibrate differently,
and as such their world is different than ours.

Adjusting a humans electromagnetic field does weird things to the brain. It does not act like it does when at the frequency we are all on now. There have been helmets created that change the electromagnetic frequency of the brain temporarily, And when they do that, it creates a spiritual/almost psychic experience for the person wearing the helmet. So in a sense, yes, a paranormal experience CAN be the result of an electromagnetic change of some kind. You adjust the brains frequency and the mind freaks out because it can perceive things that are really not of this reality.

They are of another reality,or rather frequency/electromagnetic vibration level.

That does not make it not real.
What these people experience is a quick glimpse.

Now if you encounter something that is on one of these vibration levels, depending on how it can tune in, and how well you can tune in, and adjust the frequency levels of the brain/vs a spirit doing the same, that is how communication starts.

I believe there is a science to it.
I think with enough tuning and things like this helmet, eventually we can with technology begin to have communication with the things that vibrate at a different electromagnetic level. Unfortunately, you need a conscious subject to wear the helmet/whatever tech, because that is the thing that can tune into other levels of reality. A computer will never be able to do this because it has no conscious to witness and communicate.

Good god, I think that was my big brain fart for the day.
I need more coffee.

s&f!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

I think we are kept in a certain frequency range by our heart and brains which both have electromagnetic fields associated with them. Beyond that we are also in the Earths magnetic field and beyond that the Sun's. Without these fields one could go crazy I would think.

As the magnetic field of the Earth continues to weaken letting in more energy I think strange experiences will be more commonplace. I also think it's no accident that we are surrounded by electricity. Electricity running through a wire makes a magnetic field perpendicular to that wire. Every house is a little like a magnetic cage. Running water through pipes also has an electromagnetic field.

bingo! i agree, it's all a frequency game. That is what currently governs our reality, bordering or adjacent realities and our perception of them. I think most people who are experienced in this arena would agree that negative spirits, human or non-human have a low vibrational rate/frequency/are energetically denser and there's a full spectral range that goes all the way from lower frequencies up to higher ones, which would be consequently far less dense and vibrate at a much higher rate, more associated with positive energetic beings etc. I think it's possible that natural energetic/magnetic hotspots can feed entities who are capable of drawing upon and using those natural energies and magnetic fields can even distort space & time.

but, it's interesting you mention the Earth's magnetic field weakening and letting in more energy and you're right in saying we are surrounded by energy and magnetic fields everywhere we go. the Earth is itself a form of a magnetic/energetic prison. we are constantly being bombarded with elf waves and the like that effect our consciousness directly. these signals and carrier waves can emanate from any electrical device in our homes. I think our spiritual evolution is being intentionally stunted and put on ice so we as a whole will be easier to control. but, i think regardless of "their" efforts we will reach a level of spiritual awareness that will be the tipping point for our species. our greatest weapon/tool is our own minds and bodies, the limitations of which we probably couldn't imagine.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

I do agree that energetic fields affect our ability to see into other realms. Maybe my response didn't lean in that direction.
I only meant that certain people have the ability (by having an open third eye) to see things without having any distortion in the energy fields around them.

Here is a video where David Wilcock talks about this energy field being created, shown in movies so they can hide it in plain site of the masses. Begin at the 50:52 mark.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
Hey guys, you don't have to convince me. LOL
Just click on my signature to read over 250 pages of paranormal experiences by myself and other members here.

Nope, I have to disagree with this study. Although the solar and lunar events can help increase one's capability to experience the paranormal, I think he has a long way to go before he realizes this phenomena is not caused by some type of outside force affecting our brains.

I just thought the study might be interesting to some here. Now, let the stone throwing begin!

We know different and, in the end, it's your life and path that only you can experience.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
All energy created, be it natural or artificial (man made) will have a resonance effect, the larger the energy burst is, the more the unseen web of ??? is disturbed. Creating mini holes in an otherwise separate world. The frequency of events is often related to the presence of such effectual energy outbursts.. In this we see repeat haunting and up to poltergeist events centered around and object or individual(s) either centered around a high energy moment or creating tension energy in high levels.

Geology has also been theorized to have a role in some repeat haunting scenarios. a high energy event "captured" in memory similar to magnetic read/write heads on a VCR, played back under similar conditions.. you'd see this in old buildings made of stone and normally on top of large slabs of rock as well, many famous haunting's can be explained this way.. if we'd seriously take a look at the theory (but it's ghost stuff.. ooooooo...)

So.. yeah, all energy is capable of disturbing the unseen, sometimes we see a "playback" other times it's an actual hole, i guess it's up to location and the integrity of the unseen web at any point.. which would explain also why certain places have a knack for being hotspots and others are total dead cell.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

I do agree that energetic fields affect our ability to see into other realms. Maybe my response didn't lean in that direction.
I only meant that certain people have the ability (by having an open third eye) to see things without having any distortion in the energy fields around them.

Here is a video where David Wilcock talks about this energy field being created, shown in movies so they can hide it in plain site of the masses. Begin at the 50:52 mark.

i agree. the third eye is our window into other/bordering realities/dimensions. and i believe with practice it's something that anyone can be capable of. as i know from experience, you can get your third eye to open either with chakra meditation or through a traumatic experience even. in my case it was the latter. i had a NDE and ever since then my third eye has been open. i don't think it's completely wide open but, enough for me to still sense/see things that i normally would not be able to previous to my NDE.

Xarian6

and you're correct about geology having the ability to record and store energetic information. i think most non-intelligent hauntings & hotspots can be attributed to this phenomena. naturally occurring energy will be able to feed spirits who can harness that energy. and if an even occurs that is traumatic enough it can become embedded in that location and repeat itself like you said, as a VHS style tape loop.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I've heard others claim that their sixth sense was more acute after having an NDE.

That's very interesting! Thanks for that validation.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

We are in complete agreement, I was being subtle, but you got the point.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You bring SO much new information to light, I think I'm going to have to take a speed-reading course! This gives me a lot to ponder.....I love the direction science is beginning to take!
S&F

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Yes, I think they are finally on the right track.
Now maybe things can get rollin'.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

and if an even occurs that is traumatic enough it can become embedded in that location and repeat itself like you said, as a VHS style tape loop.

Just really bad stuff? Really good stuff doesn't get recorded?
Well that's a bummer.
Bad vibes are stronger than good vibes? That's pretty sad.

edit on 5/20/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join