It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder: No Plans at DOJ to Investigate Secret Waiting Lists and Veteran Deaths at VA Hospitals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that the Department of Justice doesn't have any plans to investigate allegations that veterans placed on secret waiting lists at VA hospitals died while waiting for care.

Really,Who here at ATS is Surprised to read this news article coming from that Thug! I mean, Come On Eric, you have the Death of America's Finest, they gave their all for their Country and they were Ignored On Purpose!
What, Obama hasn't told you yet or What?

"Well, obviously these reports if they're true are unacceptable, and the allegations are being taken very seriously by the administration. But I don't have any announcements at this time with regard to anything that the Justice Department is doing," Holder told reporters at a press conference.

"This is something on our radar screen at this point, but there is an investigation being done by the [VA] inspector general, and we'll see what happens as a result of that inquiry and other information that comes to light in some form or fashion," Holder added.

"Well, obviously these reports if they're true are unacceptable

WHAT? Your Department Job To Find Out The Truth, Is It Not?
You sure didn't have to what to investigate and try to convict Zimmerman, Why Was That?

According to CNN, at least 40 veterans died while waiting for treatment at one VA hospital in Phoenix. Members of Congress have said in recent weeks that the inspector general investigation is inadequate and have called on the DOJ to launch its own investigation.

Link[/u rl]
Eric Holder won't investigate this, Obama hasn't made a personal comment on this as being important to him personally yet.
What exactly has Eric Holder Investigated?

Employees of the hospital then put the information into a secret electronic waiting list, and shred the printout, he explained, 'And they wouldn't take you off that secret list until you had an appointment time that was less than 14 days so it would give the appearance that they were improving greatly the waiting times, when in fact they were not.'
Some veterans waited up to 21 months for appointments, Foote told CNN. And if veterans on the secret list die while waiting for care, VA staff at the hospital remove them from the list so that officials in Washington, D.C. are none the wiser.
At least 40 veterans on the secret list died before they received an appointment, and 'the number's actually higher,' the physician said.
'I would say that 40, there's more than that that I know of, but 40's probably a good number.'
CNN's recent report follows one it made in January that 19 veterans died while waiting for simple medical procedures in 2010 and 2011.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2627548/DOJ-wont-investigate-deaths-veterans-placed-VA-hospitals-secret-waiting-list-time.html]V A Deaths

Holder Investigate THIS!
Note to MODS, I checked with the Search funking and didn't find thread.

edit on 14-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Holder and Obama are the biggest criminals in the US for decades. Not surprised.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Once again -- a disgrace and shameful

But really and truly we shouldn't be surprised
Not when it comes to Holder and this administration

I feel for the families of the Vets that died due to this negligence

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Does Mr. Holder even know how to ... Prosecute or Investigate ... ANYTHING ???

I find it hard to believe that he doesn't seem to think he has anything to worry about ... ( relating to his History of Impotentcy or InActions ).

Opinion: Events will be interesting after the Mid-Term-Election(s) Results ... ( A NEW Hope-n-Change ??? ).

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Leave it to the Weekly Standard to LIE and pass it off as a "news" story. What a rag!

Look. It's the VA Inspector General's job to do the initial investigation and that's being done. Holder did NOT say he had no plans to investigate. He said he had no announcement to make about it at this time. Do you READ your own source????

originally posted by: guohua
Really,Who here at ATS is Surprised to read this news article coming from that Thug!

I think this belongs on StormFront. Disgusting! Unacceptable!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

If it tickles his fancy ... like George Zimmerman being found not guilty due to self defense ... he'll get all huffy and go for it immediately. Otherwise, if it's things like the Black Panthers calling for the death of people, or if it's our Veterans being left to die in VA hospitals, he can't be bothered.

His agenda is right out there ....

Other sources confirming this story-

UK Daily Mail

DOJ won't investigate deaths of veterans placed on VA hospital's secret waiting list 'at this time'

Military Times - 'For Now' Justice Won't Intervene in VA Care Problems

Justice Department officials have no immediate plans to get involved in the widening Veterans Affairs Department care-delay scandal, but Attorney General Eric Holder said Justice officials are closely monitoring the problems.

At a news conference Tuesday, Holder said his department is awaiting the results of an inspector general investigation into the Phoenix VA health system before taking any action. If that review warrants further criminal or civil action, his department may get involved.

MAY MAY MAY ... no hurry there Eric, people are dying and suffering, but no hurry

Army Times - 'For Now' Justice Won't Intervene in VA Care Problems

When Zimmerman was found not guilty of murder by reason of self defense, Holder IMMEDIATELY jumped on it and said he was going to investigate blah blah blah. But here we have people being left to die in a government facility and Holder sits back. He dismisses the death threats and voter intimidation carried out by the New Black Panthers, but goes after the Associated Press and Fox News reporter James Rosen. Interesting to see what he considers to be important ....

edit on 5/14/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
UK Daily Mail

Please! The Daily Mail? Worse than the Standard. I can't believe what passes for a news source for some people...

Justice Department officials have no immediate plans

Yeah, that's not Holder's words. I am going by what he SAID, not what some right-wing rag sensationalized it to be.
edit on 5/14/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
not what some right-wing rag sensationalized it to be.

The Army Times ... the Military Times ... they are not 'right wing rags'. Sorry, but your buddy Holder is showing his true colors ... again.
Bottom line .. he jumps right on 'investigating' (witch hunting) Zimmerman, but he is sitting back on the VA deaths. That's the truth of the matter. It's all right there.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

He's not my buddy. But I don't hate him with a burning passion, either.
And you're right. The Military Times is not a right wing rag. But the others are.

If the VA Inspector General finds something, I have no doubt Holder will pursue it. That's how this works. So, I stand by my original position that I heard what Holder SAID, I didn't contort it to be something sensational so I can get on my high horse and get my panties in a twist about how this "thug" doesn't care about veterans.

It's BS. If you want to participate in that mindset, which you clearly do, you're free to.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
It's BS.

If you want to participate in that mindset, which you clearly do, you're free to.
His 'investigation' priorities speaks for itself. He's one fickle SOB.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Holder's job is to protect the Obama Administration and to help promote Obama's agenda.

Justice has nothing to do with his job description.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Why investigate the VA when you can pressure banks not to deal with gun stores, he is way to busy being Eric the Withholder on Fast & Furious. He even had time to pay protestors at the Zimmerman trial, when I heard that, I was trying to figure out how the DOJ gets away with it. Then I remembered how this administration operates.

Making sure America's finest gets taken care of? Na no time for that.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

I find it hard to believe that he doesn't seem to think he has anything to worry about ... ( relating to his History of Impotentcy or InActions ).

Opinion: Events will be interesting after the Mid-Term-Election(s) Results ... ( A NEW Hope-n-Change ??? ).

Good question, I understand when asked to investigate his own agency, his head went!

Eric, you're Embarrassing!

edit on 14-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I deleted this post
edit on 5/15/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Imagine my complete lack of surprise.............

new topics

top topics

join