It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big hair women. Cut your hair!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

That's hilarious Snarky, I love laughing like that. My only regret is that i didn't think to get photos to document the ridiculousness of my hair that day.

It's still a story that gets retold when my family needs a good laugh at my expense. I might just have to go get a blow dry just for the sake of comedy. I promise I'll take pictures to share this time.

Penny

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennylemon
a reply to: Destinyone

Wow Des, that photo is lovely.

Your story of the older ladies reminds me of something my Grandmother said to me when I a younger woman. She said the reason women of a " certain" age should cut their hair short is that "longer hair on an older woman shows a lack of self respect. How will others respect you if you don't know enough about what it means to be lady like."

I suppose this is one of things that brings me to ATS, the idea that the cut of my hair has nothing to do with the workings of my mind.

Penny

LOL...so cutting my hair and dying it light poodle blue, will make me a self respecting Lady. Our Grannies were much alike I think.

No thanks...I'll keep my long hair, to uphold my witchy reputation. I do make and wear lady like hats with my hair pulled up sometimes. Here is a pic of me in one of my Haute Couture tin foil creations in honor of last years' ATS tin foil hat contest. Hair pulled up in pony tail for this one.

My old Granny had the short white hair too....I asked her why she cut it all off one time. She said "I'm done with men at my age. Don't need no long hair to keep 'em happy"...

I wonder if there are a larger percentage of long haired women, in all age groups, on ATS.

Des

I guess we all have our reasons for liking our long hair. I'd feel naked without it.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56
So what was the point of the thread?

Back when my grandparents where around and together, my grandmother insisted on the q-tip hair do. She spent lots of time and money getting her hair done once a week. My grandfather hated it. He once secretly confided in me, telling me, "she looks like a dyke with her hair like that." my jaw about hit the floor. If you could appreciate how uncharacteristic of him it was...

edit on 15-5-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

What a hoot Cal...my step father said the same thing about my mother one time in private. He used to pull out a photo of her from when they first met...she had long wavy hair. He'd push that photo in front of my face and tell me. That's what she used to look like.

I wonder how many old men married to old women secretly hate the Q-tip hair doos. I know salons must love them, I imagine they can double their client business over long haired clients.

To the OP...you snip those widdle danglies first...I may consider trimming my long hair...

Des

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The point of this thread was just a bit of fun. Actually, I couldn't care less how big or small a woman's hair is. Though with the heat of summer fast approaching, I can't imagine how big hair feels on an already warm back. Yesterday, I got my hair cut quite short, and I now feel cool as a cucumber!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Summer = updos and beachy-scarves... I'll never go for Crystal Gayle lenght, but I'd be happy with waist...

Rock the long hair ladies, no age limit (despite what some may preach) really they're just jealous you have it and they don't

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
The point of this thread was just a bit of fun. Actually, I couldn't care less how big or small a woman's hair is. Though with the heat of summer fast approaching, I can't imagine how big hair feels on an already warm back. Yesterday, I got my hair cut quite short, and I now feel cool as a cucumber!

I found out about your thread last night, when it was mentioned on the ATS Live Radio show. You are famous!

It has been fun....you do start some funny threads.

Des

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Exactly. I might get my split ends trimmed every 6 months, my grandmother on the other hand spent $80 a week. I know it was a social thing too for her, but dang that is a lot of money.

Droid56 Sorry, I guess the humor went over my head when I first read the thread. I am bitter, I miss my long hair. Shoulder length doesn't do it for me.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Cal once I started making and taking Lipo-C, my hair started growing over an inch or more a month. And thick too. A lot of other people in the Original Lipo-C thread made the same reports on rapid very healthy hair growth.

There is a link to the current Lipo-C thread in my sig below.

Des

edit on 15-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

yeah. I know all about your stuff hahahahah!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join