It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big hair women. Cut your hair!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

You have beautiful hair and are so pretty.

My hair is a bit similar but just a little bit curlier. Sometimes curly is good but some days...it's just a pain in the butt. I call those days.....hair in a bun days.

Thank you!!! ♥

My hair gets a lot curlier sometimes, it depends on the weather and whether I left it to dry naturally.
When I go somewhere and put a bit of make up, I usually straighten it.....but I don't do it too often as I don't want to ruin it.

And I have many 'hair in a bun' days as you called it! LOL

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I find long hair on women sexy! like hair length below their chest, near stomach!

Short hairs are like tomboys and make me feel less attracted to them.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedomataprice
Just wanted to point out there is a difference between BIG hair and long hair.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Beat me to it. Yes indeed there is. Long hair is nice, but the big hair rules.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

It's pretty to look at but, such a pain to get it there. I for one do not miss the big hair fad during my high school years. It would take at least an hour and a half to get it just right.

I lost a lot of sleep to have the big hair and I sure as heck don't have the time for that non-sense now. Shew, it makes my arms hurt just thinking about all that work.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I'm only 5' 2" and the few times I've had a stylist insist on blow drying my thick hair into a big hair style I ended up looking like a ping pong ball in a wig. It was entertaining to say the least and it's always good to have a laugh at myself.

Penny

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon

Priceless imagery there pennylemon. lol

Too funny!

But, I bet it made you look at least 5' 5" right?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon

Hi pennylemon,
My kids and I all have really thick hair.
Once, my son had his hair cut, and the stylist decided to blow dry his hair, instead of gelling it.

My son's face in the mirror was a look of horror. When it was 'done'...my son came over to me and whispered in my ear, "I'm a PhD Mom!!!!"
I said, "Huh?"
And he said, "PHD!! Pouffy Haired Dork!!!"

That has always stuck with us. We still have PHD days, lol.
jacygirl

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Because they want to and beauty is a part of the feminine heart and spirit. Form and Function is important, not just the most functional, but what has grace and beauty. Not that seeing only the outer is important, for compassion and seeing beneath the surface is equally important.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It is their prerogative to cut their hair or keep it long, not your job to tell women what to do. I have never had really short hair, I hate it on other women, find it very unattractive but it's their hair, they can do what they want with it.

The forties had some shorter curly hair do's that were flattering on some but that is as close to short as I find attractive. I have never had extremely long hair either, usually two to five inches off my shoulders, sometimes a little longer sometimes shoulder length.

Last year I decided to do bangs and trim my hair in the process. I usually just cut my own but instead this time I enlisted my husband. He was just supposed to trim the hair, instead he took off several inches and my hair only came down barely to my ears, took months to grow back. I was so mortified I cried in the bathroom off and on for days over it. Did not want to leave the house, (nothing liberating about that at all) took a whole week and a bottle of hair spray before I would. Hair that short is not becoming on me in the slightest. Back to normal now, thank goodness.

I love hair, long or medium length hair on both men and women, big hair too. I think it is more liberating to be able to style several different styles and have confidence in your hair when you leave the house than to have it gone and not want to be seen. My hair is naturally wavy, so I can curl it, straighten it, whatever I want to it, I love my hair, just love it. I'm a Leo though and have read many times over that our hair is a huge part, like an extension of who we are.

But to each their own.

edit on 14-5-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Liberation to whom these days? In a professional career setting longer or bigger hair, often needs to be at least pulled back, styled for appropriate appearance. Sometimes I dislike my long hair but overall prefer it. Yes, gets in the way(not a fan of ponytails to combat that alone), etc, but my bone structure doesn't support short styles well, more liberating is not having to dwell on that so long hair fits as well as certain big styles(balanced well), but that's hard in a appearance based society.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My hair was almost 4ft long when I cut it. I am 5'5". I cut it just below my shoulders and I kicking myself. My hair was my pride and joy despite the fact that it took nearly 2 days to air dry. I should have just cut it to the waist. Thankfully my hair grows fast.

Whoever made this thread must really be a woman with short thin hair that won't grow. (Debates for 10 minutes about deleting that comment, nah I'll leave it, mods forgive me.)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I wasn't totally serious when I said big hair women should cut their hair. Big hair women, I love your big hair. I respect the effort it takes to maintain your big hair. Really.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There's some hot women here at ATS.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

originally posted by: droid56
As a man, when my long hair is cut by the barber, I feel really good. Yes!
Women with long hair. Cut your hair and experience the liberation. Long hair women are pressured to have long hair.

No thanks...

Had short hair in high school....never again
Hated it

I'm not pressured into anything
I choose to keep it long and layered 'cause I like it

Long hair RULES!!

I'm with you Snarky. Only had short hair once when I was a teen. Always long since then, even now in my old age....

Des

edit on 15-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: snarky412

originally posted by: droid56
As a man, when my long hair is cut by the barber, I feel really good. Yes!
Women with long hair. Cut your hair and experience the liberation. Long hair women are pressured to have long hair.

No thanks...

Had short hair in high school....never again
Hated it

I'm not pressured into anything
I choose to keep it long and layered 'cause I like it

Long hair RULES!!

I'm with you Snarky. Only had short hair once when I was a teen. Always long since then, even now in my old age....

Des

WOW...you look great for someone in their 'old age'
What --63 or about, right -- if I remember correctly??

What ever you're doing, keep doing
You look fantastic!!
Love your hair too

I'm 48 and I'm gonna be like you
No blue-hair poodle looking doos for me. LOL

Mine is about the same length/color as yours, but with high lights added to it

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I keep it long and BIG so I can flick it over my shoulder smugly at the stupidity that shows up here.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

LOL...yes, you got it right...63.

I don't understand why some women go for the Q-tip hair doo when they get to my age. That's what they look like when I'm driving behind them in a car. All I see in front of me is a Q-tip behind the steering wheel.

The blue haired poodle cut, is really popular with the church ladies in my belt buckle of the bible belt, stomping grounds.

I don't understand why they do that. I love that I can throw mine up in a pony tail, or a big claw hair clip on top of my head.

When it's cold outside...my long hair keeps me toasty and warm.

Des

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I AGREE. why give up when you hit a certain age! I had short ages ago when younger (im a oldie too) and it was WAY MORE EFFORT to keep the style than throwing it up in a pony tail.

You look terrific sistah. Keep them bangs bangin on.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennylemon
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I'm only 5' 2" and the few times I've had a stylist insist on blow drying my thick hair into a big hair style I ended up looking like a ping pong ball in a wig. It was entertaining to say the least and it's always good to have a laugh at myself.

Penny

You made me think of a time many years ago back when we were in the Western business
Back then, my hair was feathered on top, long layers on sides/back

Well, one day when I went to get a trim, the guy said he would style it for me too if I like, so I was like sure, what ever
Boy, did he. LOL

When my husband came to pick me up, he drove right past me where I was waiting for him on the street corner outside the hair salon, he did not recognize me. Drove past me twice
But the funny part is, when it came time to put on my western hat to go to work, the son of a gun would NOT go on my head!!
We laughed so hard we were crying....here's my husband trying literally to cram the hat on my head
There was so much crap in my hair and the way the guy teased it up on top, I had to rewash it to get my hair back to normal & so I could wear the hat

Needless to say, the 'feather' days are a thing of the past
All long on top now. LOL

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Wow Des, that photo is lovely.

Your story of the older ladies reminds me of something my Grandmother said to me when I a younger woman. She said the reason women of a " certain" age should cut their hair short is that "longer hair on an older woman shows a lack of self respect. How will others respect you if you don't know enough about what it means to be lady like."

I suppose this is one of things that brings me to ATS, the idea that the cut of my hair has nothing to do with the workings of my mind.

Penny

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join