It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-White Polemics Continue With the White Privilege Conference

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I don't really care about the Merriam Webster's definition. I'm talking about something more complex than that and something specific to this country.

And you can't see some white people being treated with hatred by some people of other races?

That's not what I said. I do see that. But it's called prejudice. Same as hatred being directed at people with long hair, people who wear suits, people who are poor, politicians, lawyers. It's the simple act of forming an opinion based on something about the person. Racism denotes something more than this simple dislike, hatred or mistrust. It's been ingrained in our society. It took me two hours to explain it to my husband and I simply don't have time to explain it fully here - and besides, it would fall on deaf ears.

But I'll tell you an interesting thing... It all started with my conversations with Cece and HarlemHottie. Blast from the past. LOL
edit on 5/14/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

"deaf ears"....yea that's a problem. A whole room full of them in the op's video.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I don't really care about the Merriam Webster's definition.

Yes, we get it. You have your own definition ... probably fueled by some supposed 'white guilt' or something. You are welcome to your definition ... but by the standard definition and standard psychological understanding - anyone can be racist.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I already addressed guilt... That's the second thing you missed in my original post. I'm just going to assume that you didn't read it at all. Your trying to take personal jabs at me just shuts down the discussion. But I guess that's what you want.

Have a good day.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Where is this "white privilege" that you speak of? I never found it. I inherited nothing. I wasn't a little trust-fund kid. Everything I have I got the hard way. My wife didn't go to college for free. When we were down and out early on, the gov wouldn't even help us even though we paid into it most of our lives. If you're white and wanna see racism, walk in downtown Detroit, Philly or Westside Charleston, WV. You'll find it soon enough. Most of the working people don't drive flashy, expensive vehicles, or wear those kind of hipster clothes, but it seems the welfare crowd sure do.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jodash
It's interesting that you say that, because the coexistence of racism and privilege in the white races is a core underpinning of this particular progressive movement.

You misunderstood me. Sorry, my fault. What I should have said is that I don't think a person of a privileged race (in this country, that would be white people) can be on the receiving end of racism. The privileged race can perpetrate racism, but not be on the receiving end.

This is where I strongly disagree with you.

To suggest that minority individuals do not hold positions of power, and abuse those positions specifically to subvert people of White European origin via racist decisions and actions is ludicrous. It happens all the time, and with increasing frequency. It has happened to me personally in the workplace.

I just get strong cognitive dissonance from statements like yours. I really have a hard time accepting that anyone apparently intelligent can actually believe that.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Is it not possible that you have been brainwashed on the issue of race to such an extent that you fail to comprehend that white people can experience racism, and that "white privilege" does not exist in reality?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

To suggest that minority individuals do not hold positions of power, and abuse those positions specifically to subvert people of White European origin via racist decisions and actions is ludicrous.

I didn't say that, nor did I suggest it. Nice bit of word-twisting there. But... FAIL.

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Is it not possible that you have been brainwashed on the issue of race to such an extent that you fail to comprehend that white people can experience racism, and that "white privilege" does not exist in reality?

I wouldn't call years of studying, research, deep thought and personal experience "brainwashing". No one told me to think like this. Only after literally years of ME looking into it studying and researching racism have I arrived at my conclusions. No one brainwashed me. But thanks for your concern.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Brainwashing is not limited to the direct influence of another person. People can be brainwashed by ideology as well. By researching a topic through a singular narrow perspective, one can develop a tendency to only absorb information that confirms to their preconceived notions and lose their ability to be fair and objective.

ETA: And people can intentionally or inadvertently brainwash themselves into believing something. Sometimes as a defence mechanism to help them cope with deep-seeded feelings their rational minds cannot agree with or accept. (Not saying this is you, just letting you know it is possible).

edit on 14/5/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I already addressed guilt... That's the second thing you missed in my original post.

I didn't miss it. I saw it. I dismissed it. Call it alleged 'white guilt'. Call it subconsciously wanting to be a different race. Call it whatever ... except reality. Non white people can be racist. LOTS of non white people are racist. They aren't immune. And it isn't helpful to tell them that they can't be racist because of their skin color. That just perpetuates their hate problems.

Have a nice day .... back.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

To suggest that minority individuals do not hold positions of power, and abuse those positions specifically to subvert people of White European origin via racist decisions and actions is ludicrous.

I didn't say that, nor did I suggest it. Nice bit of word-twisting there. But... FAIL.

Then perhaps you could enlighten me on exactly what you consider racism to be? I see that you reject the Merriam-Webster definition (probably because they were a couple of privileged white guys), though you have not pinned down the definition you use. What you did say was that-in the U.S.- racism was something that only whites could perpetrate. That's not really a definition.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Some examples of racism by non-whites ....

When I lived in Japan, I discovered intense racism ... anti-Korean racism .... by Japanese and Chinese against Koreans. And don't dare tell the Japanese or Chinese that they are the same race as the Koreans. They'd bite your head off.

Word Press

Tyson Leroy Brown (21-year-old Spokane, Washington, black man after walking up to a white student, knocking him unconscious and kicking him) — “I should have kicked him until he’d never get up … I’m a racist, and I hate all you white boys.”

From Howard University ... a 'black college' ... using power of position to spread anti-white hate ...

Dr. Kamau Kambon, former visiting professor of African Studies at NC State University, made the following remarks at “Black Media Forum on the Image of Black Americans in Mainstream Media.” This was a program presented on October 14th at Howard University and broadcast by C-SPAN.

“And then finally I want to say that we need one idea, and we’re not thinking about a solution to the problem … And the one idea is, how we are going to exterminate white people because that in my estimation is the only conclusion I have come to. We have to exterminate white people off the face of the planet to solve this problem … [We need to] get very serious and not be diverted from coming up with a solution to the problem and the problem on the planet is white people.”

Using power of position to attack whites simply because they are white -

Mario Obledo (former California secretary of health and welfare and co-founder of Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund: “We’re going to take over all the political institutions of California. California is going to be a Hispanic state and anyone who doesn’t like it should leave. If they [Anglos] don’t like Mexicans, they ought to go back to Europe.”

From a group that has a power base, sympathetic leanings from the current POTUS and (IN)Justice Dept, and issues death threats.
New Black Panthers

“I hate every last white person,” says Shabazz, who adds during a rambling 30-minute dialogue that Christianity has “a Satanic mind-set,” that he believes the U.S. government carried out the 9/11 attacks and that he’d just been doing some research on a video website that he insisted on calling “Jewtube.”

There are more ... oh so many more .... these are racists ... and they aren't 'white people'.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Western Journal of Medicine

To continue perceiving extreme racism as normative and not pathologic is to lend it legitimacy. Clearly, anyone who scapegoats a whole group of people and seeks to eliminate them to resolve his or her internal conflicts meets criteria for a delusional disorder, a major psychiatric illness.

By denying that a person is racist ... it lends legitimacy for the hate in the persons mind.
It does them no favors.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
As I said before, I don't have the time to relate something in a post on ATS that took me years of study to learn. There is no compact definition that wraps up racism in a pretty little package. Sorry. Generally, I'm talking about institutional racism.

In the United States, institutional racism results from the social caste system that sustained, and was sustained by, slavery and racial segregation. Although the laws that enforced this caste system are no longer in place, its basic structure still stands to this day. This structure may gradually fall apart on its own over a period of generations, but activism is necessary to expedite the process and provide for a more equitable society in the interim.

Individuals disliking each other because of their race is prejudice.

Prejudice: unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.
Source

I don't expect anyone to agree with me and I really don't care. I just wanted to put my position out there. I really don't care what you think.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I thought you rejected online dictionary definitions? No?
Then the ones I posted stand.
Racism ... comes in all shapes and colors ... ALL of them.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Okay, so you get several replies into the thread before introducing the modifier "institutional" to denote you're talking about a specific type of racism. Apparently using a tried-and-true progressive rhetoric tactic of false equivalency; creating the confused perception that the "institutional" is implied when it's not prepended.

You seem to be ramping up to exiting this dialogue, which doesn't bother me at all. It's just very predictable. Myself, I do get weary attempting to have civilized and intellectual discourse with someone who doesn't really have an interest in entertaining a different viewpoint, and doesn't bring their "A" game to the court.

And since I really can't think of anything else to say that will add anything significant, I guess we're done.

If you are White, I pity you because your current ideology amounts to selling yourself (as an individual) down the river. If you think that you are going to have an identity in the world you are helping create, you are sadly mistaken. If there's ever a day that you actually wake up and realize what you have done, on that day you will experience true misery and existential horror.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jodash

You know, I knew things were spiraling out of control but locked in my work/family/fun bubble as I now am, its really shocking to see how much things have degenerated.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
any one who thinks whites have never been the victims of racism and social problems just because of who they were(white Europeans) or where they were from has not studied Irish history (either in the UK or America) en.wikipedia.org...

and those West Virgina ,Pennsylvania and various other coal mining states are just over brimming with privileged white people in whats left of those mining towns

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
few more links from diffrent views feminspire.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.thenation.com...

www.psychologytoday.com... interesting comments in this one almost mirroring the thread we have here

www.sciencedaily.com...

politicalblindspot.com...

www.rasmussenreports.com...

figured these would be of interest to those wanting a variety of sources on the matter
edit on 14-5-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jodash
I think these people should be tested by a psychologist for 'Racial Identity Disorder'.
Subconscious destructive hate of self and hate of own race.
'Wanna-be' the other race ... even if they dont' realize it.
I wonder what a psychologist could dig out of these people's heads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join